New Bracketology

I'm surprised that we're still a 6 - Lunardi must think our SOS/RPI will go a long way to seeding us where we are. I know collegerpi.com (a site that is more often correct) had us as a 9 seed BEFORE the Bama game. I think we are most likely 8/9 right now with the opportunity to go as high as 5/6.

Has one conference ever gotten 3 #1 seeds?
One conference did have 3 teams in the final four. In 1985, Villanova, Georgetown and St. Johns all made it. Memphis State (their name at the time) was the fourth.

Atleast ill have 2 teams in the NCAA. I bet ETSU will show more heart than UT.

I never thought aTm would get in this year after the way we started the big 12 play. I guess we beat the right people at the right time. Whatever though, they got in, and thats all that it takes to have a shot.

I never thought aTm would get in this year after the way we started the big 12 play. I guess we beat the right people at the right time. Whatever though, they got in, and thats all that it takes to have a shot.

The win against Missouri gained a lot of recognition on the national scale.

Bracketology - ESPN

New one after Bama loss...

Very cool bracket matchups...

Playing Tubby in the first round and ETSU in the second round if they pulled of the big upset!!

Washington really isn't that good and ETSU is firing on all cylinders. It wouldn't be the first time (or the second time) that ETSU made some NCAA Tournament noise. I would love to see a UT/ETSU second round matchup.

And I'd be ready to get Buc Wild in support of ETSU.

That's a good draw--but it's meaningless because it's not going to happen. A six seed would be generous for the Vols, given how crappy the SEC was this year and given that the Vols have very few big wins this year. The Vols are in there with about 15 or 20 teams that, with a favorable early draw and if they play well, could make the Sweet 16--or they could easily be bounced in round 1 or 2, especially because with a mediocre seeding the Vols could be facing pretty good teams from the start.

Washington really isn't that good and ETSU is firing on all cylinders. It wouldn't be the first time (or the second time) that ETSU made some NCAA Tournament noise. I would love to see a UT/ETSU second round matchup.

And I'd be ready to get Buc Wild in support of ETSU.
Me too Bill, I'll never forget the Oklahoma game. 4 teams from TN in the big dance is great.

VN Store

Back