New Bracketology

Let's hope, because in that bracket we probably won't see the 2nd weekend...Maryland and 'Nova

We're gonna have to play like we did at South Carolina every game in the NCAA tournament or we'll be sent packing. And I'm afraid that's still not going to be enough against some of these guys

out of al the 1 seeds i would feel we had our best chance against oklahoma, and 2 seeds aganst memphis, so this region wouldnt be to bad of a draw. with that said im hoping to defenitely improve our seed and draw an easier time of it. i believe if tennessee wins out and wns the sec they will jump to a 4 seed. if they win against bama and lose in the sec tourney championship i think a 5 seed is probable. anything less than playing in the championship game and i think were looking at a 6 seed, as we are now.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Maryland is so Jeckyl and Hyde this year. They'll get pumped for a big opponent and then lose to someone they should steamroll. It would be a "hair-puller" of a game to watch.

FOX Sports has Vols as a 7-seed...If the brackets shake out like this, the Vols can kiss any prayer of another Sweet 16 appearance goodbye.

FOX Sports on MSN - COLLEGE BASKETBALL - Projecting the NCAA tournament brackets
In that Fox bracket nobody will have to worry about UTM...They lost last night...

I sure don't want to see Louisville....

If the Vols can continue to play like they did in Gainsville and Columbia this thing could get fun...Maybe we can even win a couple of games in the SEC Tournament..

If we win the SEC tournament, we'd probably get up to about a 3 or 4 seed which, considering we were almost on the bubble a few weeks ago, is pretty good.

we're not getting a 3 seed, even if we win the tourney, and a 4 seems awfully unlikely as well.

I want a 4 or a 6 seed. Stay completely away from a 5/12.

With the way that basketball's been this year around the NCAA, I don't think that there's any more mystique around the conventional 5/12 upset than a 4/13 or a 6/11. Plus I think we handled the 12 seed pretty well 2 years ago...

It dont matter who you play , all brackets be tough .

Just line em up and knock em down :good!:

well this prediction is crap, seeing how Maryland will probably miss the dance b/c of another loss today. Vols will be a 5 seed and face a tough 12 seed.

I think a 5 seed is the best we can do but a 6/7 is most likely.

:crossfingers:If we win the SEC tourney, we are a shoe in for a 3 seed IMO. 4 seed would be the worst we would get.

:crossfingers:If we win the SEC tourney, we are a shoe in for a 3 seed IMO. 4 seed would be the worst we would get.

Based off your previous predictions, I'm hesitant to believe that, but I'd love for you to be right.

I think we have no chance at a 3 seed and even if we win the SEC Tourney a 4 would be tough. SEC is too weak this year for us to climb up that many seeds.

I think we have no chance at a 3 seed and even if we win the SEC Tourney a 4 would be tough. SEC is too weak this year for us to climb up that many seeds.

I don't know...if we beat Bama today, and win the SEC tourney, that means we will have closed out the year with 7 straight wins. A 3 may be possible, no higher for sure though.

FOX Sports has Vols as a 7-seed...If the brackets shake out like this, the Vols can kiss any prayer of another Sweet 16 appearance goodbye.

FOX Sports on MSN - COLLEGE BASKETBALL - Projecting the NCAA tournament brackets

I have mixed feelings about that. In my Mind there is Zero Chance we beat Louisville, and I am one of the most optimistic Basketball Fans we have on this board. But If we can pull it out, I don't see anyone other than Uconn that we couldn't easily beat....Kansas we very easily could have beaten had we not played in one of the most intimidating environments in college basketball, and Clemson is shaky and loses when they are attacked down low...**Cough Cough Brian+Wayne Cough Cough**. uconn would be very tough, but I would be extremely happy win or lose, because it is a new plateu with Bruce...even if this team is one of the youngest he has ever used. That looks very good for our future as a program.

VN Store

Back