New bowl affiliations

A trip to Vegas around the holidays and watching the Vols in a bowl game out there sounds enticing, plus it can't hurt as far as recruiting exposure out that way.

Just because they've finally created enough bowls to be all-inclusive doesn't mean anyone earned the right to go. If it ain't one of the traditional bowls of yore, you still suck.

Just because they've finally created enough bowls to be all-inclusive doesn't mean anyone earned the right to go. If it ain't one of the traditional bowls of yore, you still suck.

What in tarnation does this even mean. I have heard so many people get offended because their are a high number of bowl games. Holding to some antiquated moral that Bowl has some sort of exclusive, elusive, elite meaning wh,ere only X# (ie. however many we're around in 1972) are actually legitimate. I wonder what the poor souls in 1922 thought when there were less bowls than the infallible number in 1972?

Geeeesh, this is so simple that a child can understand it. ... If you don't think the Poinsetta Bowl and Meineke Car Bowl are legitimate football games to view or attend, then ... wait for it ... wait a little longer ... just once more ... now here it comes ... JUST TURN THE CHANNEL or DON'T ATTEND. Boom, and just like that, you all won't have to compromise the sanctity and purity of true five CFB Bowl games. Now go enjoy!

For everyone else that doesn't want to watch more Sportcenter nonsense, you can watch BYU v Central Michigan play a game. If your stuck at the in-laws during the Christmas season, you can steal away to watch UCF v Purdue. And guess what, none of it is going to injure the Sugar Bowl or the Grandaddy Of Them All.

What in tarnation does this even mean. I have heard so many people get offended because their are a high number of bowl games. Holding to some antiquated moral that Bowl has some sort of exclusive, elusive, elite meaning wh,ere only X# (ie. however many we're around in 1972) are actually legitimate. I wonder what the poor souls in 1922 thought when there were less bowls than the infallible number in 1972?

Geeeesh, this is so simple that a child can understand it. ... If you don't think the Poinsetta Bowl and Meineke Car Bowl are legitimate football games to view or attend, then ... wait for it ... wait a little longer ... just once more ... now here it comes ... JUST TURN THE CHANNEL or DON'T ATTEND. Boom, and just like that, you all won't have to compromise the sanctity and purity of true five CFB Bowl games. Now go enjoy!

For everyone else that doesn't want to watch more Sportcenter nonsense, you can watch BYU v Central Michigan play a game. If your stuck at the in-laws during the Christmas season, you can steal away to watch UCF v Purdue. And guess what, none of it is going to injure the Sugar Bowl or the Grandaddy Of Them All.

All of this.

I like football. I want more football. The big bowls are still the rewards they've always been, and the lower-tier games are just something else to watch before the season ends. There could be bowls for all 130 teams and I'd have no problem.

Vegas baby, Vegas!

With as many people outraged about the possibility of alcohol sales on campus, imagine the hand wringing if Tennessee played a game in Vegas.

Anyway, always double down on 11.

Reactions: tbh
Love the fact that we finally have an SEC-PAC tie-in. So overdue.

Dislike the fact that the number of bowls continues to go up. We're saturated. When teams with 5-7 records are getting invites (heck, I'm old-fashioned; when 6-6 teams get invites), we've pushed a good thing too far.

Yes, I read your post 4 up, Livefaith. Heh. We're just gonna have to disagree on this one.

Dadgum there are a ton of bowls now!!! On one hand you can literally binge football all through December into the new year, on the other hand it kinda loses its luster because it's almost like a participation trophy where "everyone wins." Soon we wont be keeping score because it makes the losing team feel bad and we want to boost their self esteem. Thanks a lot millenials.........🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: Boca Vol

VN Store

Back