Votes: 21 75.0%
  • McElwain

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Jauan Jennings

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I don’t think he specifically took the 5th at all. I don’t believe he was ever allowed to be boxed into that corner as I believe the DOJ counsel interceded and never let it get to that point. Thus whether his answer would have incriminated him or not is moot. Again stzrok 2.0 this was a waste of time. DOJ attny should have been stopped at the damn door and denied entry.

The problem with your theory is that you assume the DOJ attorney told him not to answer to protect Comey. Much more likely he declared that the question relates to an ongoing investigation so he could not answer without compromising it.

It continues to amaze me that people still think the investigation into Trump is petty. All you have to do to realize it is real is to watch what happens when a Trump defender gets in a position to know the facts. As soon as they do, they go silent. They frequently find a way to bail. The list of people who have gotten into that position and then run like hell away from Trump is very, very long.

The problem with your theory is that you assume the DOJ attorney told him not to answer to protect Comey. Much more likely he declared that the question relates to an ongoing investigation so he could not answer without compromising it.

It continues to amaze me that people still think the investigation into Trump is petty. All you have to do to realize it is real is to watch what happens when a Trump defender gets in a position to know the facts. As soon as they do, they go silent. They frequently find a way to bail. The list of people who have gotten into that position and then run like hell away from Trump is very, very long.
No, the problem with any answer is that once the DOJ interceded it became near impossible to determine if the answer would have implicated Comey or not. That’s it in a nutshell. The issue of taking the 5th was never put in play.

From that stance neither of you will be able to assert you won. You specifically opened the debate with Trump will take the 5th before Comey. That is also a moot statement. Neither will ever be forced into a position that they have to.

No, the problem with any answer is that once the DOJ interceded it became near impossible to determine if the answer would have implicated Comey or not. That’s it in a nutshell. The issue of taking the 5th was never put in play.

From that stance neither of you will be able to assert you won. You specifically opened the debate with Trump will take the 5th before Comey. That is also a moot statement. Neither will ever be forced into a position that they have to.

Ok.

Reactions: Mick
He didn’t talk. Don’t care what assertion as we’ll never know really. This was Stzrok 2.0. LG was asserting Comey would talk. He didn’t he lost.

Ah, the big question...to live by the letter of the law or the spirit? The bet was about the 5th, he meant "does he refuse to answer questions"?

To live by integrity would submit to the letter of the law and accept the avatar. To live by grace would be to allow the spirit of the law and not force it.

If he took the fifth yesterday Trump would have tweeted about it 50 times. He didn't.

Quote the wrong post? I’m saying that both men will likely be asked to testify more in the future and I would not call the bet concluded.

Pleading the fifth is designed to allow the witness to avoid self-incrimination. The DOJ lawyer is ethically constrained from advising Comey to plead the fifth, as he represents the government’s interests and not Comey’s. He would be conflicted if trying to advise Comey regarding his personal interests.

Comey didn’t plead the fifth, he didn’t even assert a privilege. It was the government’s privilege to assert. I’m not certain but I suspect there likely would have been consequences had he ignored the government and testified how he wanted.

Quote the wrong post? I’m saying that both men will likely be asked to testify more in the future and I would not call the bet concluded.

Pleading the fifth is designed to allow the witness to avoid self-incrimination. The DOJ lawyer is ethically constrained from advising Comey to plead the fifth, as he represents the government’s interests and not Comey’s. He would be conflicted if trying to advise Comey regarding his personal interests.

Comey didn’t plead the fifth, he didn’t even assert a privilege. It was the government’s privilege to assert. I’m not certain but I suspect there likely would have been consequences had he ignored the government and testified how he wanted.

If he tried to answer over the objection I imagine they would have stopped the hearing.

I don’t know
I can’t recall
I’m not at liberty to answer in this setting

Yeah, in other words he isn’t answering the question. Doesn’t matter if he invokes the fifth or used any other verbiage. He’s hiding something to protect the deep state, it’s very clear now.

Ah, the big question...to live by the letter of the law or the spirit? The bet was about the 5th, he meant "does he refuse to answer questions"?

To live by integrity would submit to the letter of the law and accept the avatar. To live by grace would be to allow the spirit of the law and not force it.

If he wants to be petty I'll honor the bet.

If he claims victory I think it's much weaker than Jabar Gaffney's catch in 2000.

Reactions: AirVol
I don’t know
I can’t recall

Yeah, in other words he isn’t answering the question. Doesn’t matter if he invokes the fifth or used any other verbiage. He’s hiding something to protect the deep state, it’s very clear now.
He has evading and lying with impunity from day one. Same for his mistress H.C. Not sure anyone can touch these cats.

I don’t know
I can’t recall

Get
A
Life

giphy.gif

Not his lawyer.

And at any rate turns out the hearing was predictably stupid and a waste of time and money. Just more GOP whataboutism. I imagine they will conjure up some fabricated criminal bs now against him, to try to offset the onslaught of perjury charges against Trump allies and, soon, Trump family members.

Pretty obvious.
Rep. Mark Meadows (R-N.C.) said Comey’s FBI lawyer pushed back on questions on the ongoing Mueller probe, which was “consistent” with past congressional interviews.

Wh
Rep. Mark Meadows (R-N.C.) said Comey’s FBI lawyer pushed back on questions on the ongoing Mueller probe, which was “consistent” with past congressional interviews.

I don't think anyone is surprised that the DOJ attorneys would prevent him from answering questions as to an ongoing investigation.

Nor is it any surprise that the Republicans would misrepresent that to be some sort of blocking of the questioning by Comey.

Wh

I don't think anyone is surprised that the DOJ attorneys would prevent him from answering questions as to an ongoing investigation.

Nor is it any surprise that the Republicans would misrepresent that to be some sort of blocking of the questioning by Comey.
It's still his attorney. And why ask for a private setting and then go quiet?

VN Store

Back