New assistant hired

Looks like she previously worked with post players. Wonder what her role will be here since I thought Williams worked primarily with forwards and Jon currently works with our posts.

Anyone have an idea?

Either way, I’m hoping she can teach our posts better footwork and moves.

From Williams’ Louisville biography she worked with the guards both there and at Duke. So I would think Williams will work our guards with the Coach Joy working with our posts/forwards.

Looks like she previously worked with post players. Wonder what her role will be here since I thought Williams worked primarily with forwards and Jon currently works with our posts.

Anyone have an idea?

I think Coach Sam primarily worked with guards...🤔

Was really hoping Kellie would hire an offensive guru, but at least it's someone outside the cult...

tenor.gif
Special teams, must have special coaches...CKH is adding pieces to a 🏆...Great hire...🧡🏀🧡

remember when FSU beat Louisville in the ACC semis and took NC State to the last minute in the 2020 ACC Championship game and it was mostly because of their star player Kiah Gillespie who got drafted and is playing pro ball in Europe now

"Forward Kiah Gillespie’s emergence into an All-American with FSU is largely credited to the work McCorvey did with her."

Tennessee Lady Vols reportedly add another rising star assistant in Joy McCorvey
Kiah-Gillespie-FSU_0.jpg

Anyone have an idea?

Mid-Major Jon needs to be in the film room only. Let Joy handle the post players and turn out more All Americans. She has a track record in that area. We now have people who can coach up talent, recruit, and teach Kellie what today's game look like. Both have coached at high level schools and leagues. Both have been at the head coach helm, weather hired to do so, or by default. Both can take over if she's not there (hint: remember Phil Fulmer and Johnnie Majors). Looks like Mr. White gave her the "You better...." talk.
I for one am glad.

Mid-Major Jon needs to be in the film room only. Let Joy handle the post players and turn out more All Americans. She has a track record in that area. We now have people who can coach up talent, recruit, and teach Kellie what today's game look like. Both have coached at high level schools and leagues. Both have been at the head coach helm, weather hired to do so, or by default. Both can take over if she's not there (hint: remember Phil Fulmer and Johnnie Majors). Looks like Mr. White gave her the "You better...." talk.
I for one am glad.

I actually think we have enough post players and potential post-forward players, that having two coaches working with them is not going to be too many. Having more help in that area could be a huge plus. But yes, the worry is whether or not our outside shooters will get enough attention, so we'd better hope Kellie and Sam have that covered. I also hope our players, after the staff has researched excellent resources, are provided with some of the brilliant instructional videos out there to look at on their own time. There really are some outstanding resources out there.

I for one am glad.

Maybe Kellie went to White and said: "I want to upgrade my staff and pronto and I want more money to do it - or else." How do you know that it didn't happen that way? Three seasons ago Kellie took a mid major school to the sweet sixteen. Neither of these assistants have come anywhere close to that. What makes you think she needs to have assistants show her what today's game is all about? And why do you disparage and disrespect Jon? What has he ever done to deserve that?

Maybe Kellie went to White and said: "I want to upgrade my staff and pronto and I want more money to do it - or else." How do you know that it didn't happen that way? Three seasons ago Kellie took a mid major school to the sweet sixteen. Neither of these assistants have come anywhere close to that. What makes you think she needs to have assistants show her what today's game is all about? And why do you disparage and disrespect Jon? What has he ever done to deserve that?
Time will tell. I trust my eyes.

"You can't speak on rich tradition and history in women's basketball without speaking about Tennessee. It is the Mecca of women's basketball with an elite standard of excellence and a continued commitment to the program's success. It will be an honor to coach alongside Kellie and this staff in our quest for championships. I am ready to get to work!"

- Coach Joy

"You can't speak on rich tradition and history in women's basketball without speaking about Tennessee. It is the Mecca of women's basketball with an elite standard of excellence and a continued commitment to the program's success. It will be an honor to coach alongside Kellie and this staff in our quest for championships. I am ready to get to work!"

- Coach Joy
"Loved" 10 times over...LVFL 🧡🏀🧡

remember when FSU beat Louisville in the ACC semis and took NC State to the last minute in the 2020 ACC Championship game and it was mostly because of their star player Kiah Gillespie who got drafted and is playing pro ball in Europe now

"Forward Kiah Gillespie’s emergence into an All-American with FSU is largely credited to the work McCorvey did with her."

Tennessee Lady Vols reportedly add another rising star assistant in Joy McCorvey
View attachment 364590

I for one am glad.
Uh, Kellie doesn’t need anyone to teach her anything.

VN Store

Back