New AP Basketball Poll (Tennessee drops to #16)

What years? During the last 25 years, we've been14 times

Sorry, I wasn't as precise as I should have been. For background, I'm looking at 40 years or so of UT fandom. I first got interested in UT Basketball in the '78-79 season when they last won the SECT. In the DeVoe years, the Vols at first made the NCAAT every year for a while. Then there was a 5 year drought, followed by a 9 or 10 year absence. That's really when I just wanted to get in.

You're right, there have been 14 appearances over the last 25 years. Honestly, since Jerry Green's years, I kind of have come to expect the team to reach the tournament every year. Now instead of wishing for participation like I did for my first couple of decades, I really hope for a higher seed, especially when the team is clearly capable of that achievement. I meant no disrespect. It's a tournament game and I think, in ordinary years, UT should get there.

Reactions: USAFgolferVol
Sorry, I wasn't as precise as I should have been. For background, I'm looking at 40 years or so of UT fandom. I first got interested in UT Basketball in the '78-79 season when they last won the SECT. In the DeVoe years, the Vols at first made the NCAAT every year for a while. Then there was a 5 year drought, followed by a 9 or 10 year absence. That's really when I just wanted to get in.

You're right, there have been 14 appearances over the last 25 years. Honestly, since Jerry Green's years, I kind of have come to expect the team to reach the tournament every year. Now instead of wishing for participation like I did for my first couple of decades, I really hope for a higher seed, especially when the team is clearly capable of that achievement. I meant no disrespect. It's a tournament game and I think, in ordinary years, UT should get there.
Yeah, from 1985-1996 we only made the NCAA once

VN Store

Back