New AP Basketball Poll (Tennessee drops to #16)

So you truly believe Houston is the 5th best team and Colgate the 13th best team in the country? Because that’s what the NET says. I have a hard time believing that.
Houston is at least a top 10, team. Now, Colgate, I have no Idea, haven't seen them play. I've seen the Cougars and they ball, great defensive team

Houston is at least a top 10, team. Now, Colgate, I have no Idea, haven't seen them play. I've seen the Cougars and they ball, great defensive team
You do know they just lost to the worst team in their conference just last week? They should’ve dropped to at least 15 after that loss. That would be like us losing to Vanderbilt. Guarantee they would’ve dropped us 10 spots for a loss like that.

Reactions: OllVol
You do know they just lost to the worst team in their conference just last week? They should’ve dropped to at least 15 after that loss. That would be like us losing to Vanderbilt. Guarantee they would’ve dropped us 10 spots for a loss like that.
Actually, no, which is not good considering their conference, . Still, good teams lose every week, Houston is a good team.

So you truly believe Houston is the 5th best team and Colgate the 13th best team in the country? Because that’s what the NET says. I have a hard time believing that.
The NET doesn't necessarily rank the teams first to worst in terms of talent. That isn't its purpose or design. It ranks their resumes. Do I think Colgate is the 13th best team in the country? No, of course not. And in their conference, they are the outlier, same as Gonzaga is the outlier in the WCC. But 4 teams in the same conference in the top-10, having played against each other, tells me there is something to the strength of that conference.

Actually, no, which is not good considering their conference, . Still, good teams lose every week, Houston is a good team.
I didn’t say they weren’t a good team. Just not top 10 good. Losing is part of basketball, I get it. But losing to the Vanderbilt of your conference is unacceptable. East Carolina has won 10 conference games over the past 3 seasons. That’s a pathetic excuse for a basketball program. And Houston only dropped 3 spots for that loss, but we drop 5 spots for losing to a middle of the road SEC team.

I didn’t say they weren’t a good team. Just not top 10 good. Losing is part of basketball, I get it. But losing to the Vanderbilt of your conference is unacceptable. East Carolina has won 10 conference games over the past 3 seasons. That’s a pathetic excuse for a basketball program. And Houston only dropped 3 spots for that loss, but we drop 5 spots for losing to a middle of the road SEC team.
That same team, we lost to, then beat a decent Auburn team to go to .500 in the conference. I agree, we got shafted

If you believe Barnes and listen to the two freshmen, they've had the green light and even been pushed to do what they did @ UK, but they finally put it together and did what CRB was pushing them to do.
Yes he said he’s wanted the team to run run run all season. Others teams often dictate whether we can run like we want.

Hopefully the coming out party from Springer and Johnson against Kentucky will be a positive trend moving forward. Those two guys need the lion’s share of touches in the offense from now on. Their ability to get into the lane to score or pass to open guys appears to be the best recipe on offense right now. No one else on the roster can attack the rim like those two.

This seems to be the recipe for most successful teams.

Embarrassing doesn't come close. Losing to Omiss was just piss poor pitiful.
It was unfortunate, and the Vols should have won. Ole Miss made some great moves in the second half and Tennessee didn’t adjust. “Piss poor pitiful” is really an overreaction to the game of basketball in general.

[VIDEO=][/VIDEO]
I think in the Big 10, SEC, or Big 12, they would have 6-7 losses.

They should drop. That loss to Ole Miss was just garbage. I get the fact that basketball season isn't football season - There are more ups and downs and a couple of losses don't matter nearly as much. However, this team is inconsistent and fully capable of losing to any team on any night.

I honestly don't expect much in the post season. I have been waiting for an SEC Conference Tournament Championship for decades. And I watched the best Tennessee Team in 30+ years get bounced by the Little Sisters of the Poor College a couple of seasons ago. I like Coach Barnes, but I hope he coaches like he has something to prove going into this post season because . . . well, he DOES have something to prove. He needs to show that he can get the most out of the talent he has on this roster. I think he can do it -- and I think that his team has it in them to make a deep run. I just don't have a good feeling that they actually will. They need to play up to their potential.

Personally, I'm sick of being the team (in all sports, it seems) that makes everyone else's Cinderella Story come true. Would like to see us do that for a change. It hasn't happened in a long time.

Reactions: Vol2B
They should drop. That loss to Ole Miss was just garbage. I get the fact that basketball season isn't football season - There are more ups and downs and a couple of losses don't matter nearly as much. However, this team is inconsistent and fully capable of losing to any team on any night.

I honestly don't expect much in the post season. I have been waiting for an SEC Conference Tournament Championship for decades. And I watched the best Tennessee Team in 30+ years get bounced by the Little Sisters of the Poor College a couple of seasons ago. I like Coach Barnes, but I hope he coaches like he has something to prove going into this post season because . . . well, he DOES have something to prove. He needs to show that he can get the most out of the talent he has on this roster. I think he can do it -- and I think that his team has it in them to make a deep run. I just don't have a good feeling that they actually will. They need to play up to their potential.

Personally, I'm sick of being the team (in all sports, it seems) that makes everyone else's Cinderella Story come true. Would like to see us do that for a change. It hasn't happened in a long time.

Cool story

That’s what happens when you lose to Ole Miss. This team is good with the potential to be great if they play like they did against Kansas all of the time.

It was unfortunate, and the Vols should have won. Ole Miss made some great moves in the second half and Tennessee didn’t adjust. “Piss poor pitiful” is really an overreaction to the game of basketball in general.

Well if you were on here for the INGAME Comments; you would have seen 95% were in agreement; Mr. Naismith.

Other than tournament seeding, the polls have no say about who is good and who is not so good.

VN Store

Back