New AP Basketball Poll (Tennessee drops to #16)

NO SIR EEE

The Sultan Of Swat
1. Gonzaga 18-0
2. Baylor 17-0
3. Michigan 13-1
4. Ohio State 15-4
5. Villanova 12-2
6. Illinois 13-5
7. Texas Tech 14-5
8. Houston 16-2
9. Virginia 13-3
10. Missouri 13-3
11. Alabama 15-5
12. Oklahoma 12-5
13. Texas 11-5
14. West Virginia 13-5
15. Iowa 13-6
16. Tennessee 13-4
17. Florida State 10-3
18. Virginia Tech 14-4
19. Creighton 14-5
20. USC 15-3
21. Wisconsin 14-6
22. Loyola Chicago 18-3
23. Oklahoma State 12-5
24. Purdue 13-7
25. Rutgers 11-6

I don’t understand the love affair with the Big 10 and Big 12. The SEC has just as many quality teams as they do but they somehow double us up on the number of ranked teams in the polls.

I don’t understand the love affair with the Big 10 and Big 12. The SEC has just as many quality teams as they do but they somehow double us up on the number of ranked teams in the polls.
Agreed. Hell, Drake is undefeated and not even in the top 25.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
This is going to be the tale till the end of the year, unless they figure out some consistency and decide that playing pass the potato around the 3 point arc without scoring is not an effective offense.......

Hopefully the coming out party from Springer and Johnson against Kentucky will be a positive trend moving forward. Those two guys need the lion’s share of touches in the offense from now on. Their ability to get into the lane to score or pass to open guys appears to be the best recipe on offense right now. No one else on the roster can attack the rim like those two.

The Big12, I’d agree with. The Big10 is heads above the rest, IMO, though. Michigan, Iowa, Ohio State, Illinois, Wisconsin, Purdue...even their middling teams have impressive wins. Clearly the best conference, this year, to me, from top to bottom.

Until they find the same offense we seen in the final 10 min of the Ky game they are going to struggle in games. The sad part is they could be really good
Can you imagine if the dynamic duo play like that for the rest of the year?? I guess there was speculation that Barnes finally gave them the green light and they went off. Not sure how much substance there is to that rumor?

Hopefully the coming out party from Springer and Johnson against Kentucky will be a positive trend moving forward. Those two guys need the lion’s share of touches in the offense from now on. Their ability to get into the lane to score or pass to open guys appears to be the best recipe on offense right now. No one else on the roster can attack the rim like those two.

I think some of that is fools gold at this point. They may trend up to like 15 & 12 but the 27 & 23 should not be taken as a coming out party and UK is a little lacking D wise. Hopefully they can get an on average consistent 12- 4 & 4 with minimal TO's the rest of year and play solid D as a team.

I think some of that is fools gold at this point. They may trend up to like 15 & 12 but the 27 & 23 should not be taken as a coming out party and UK is a little lacking D wise. Hopefully they can get an on average consistent 12- 4 & 4 with minimal TO's the rest of year and play solid D as a team.

I wouldn’t expect them to continue with 27 & 23 in the remaining games but those are now the season highs for both players. Neither of them scored that many points in any of the games prior to KY and we played some crappy teams before SEC play. The point I was trying to make is that both Springer and Johnson give this team a different element on offense that no other player on the roster has. The ball needs to be in their hands the majority of the time moving forward.

Fun to NOT see these teams in the Top 25:

Kentucky
Duke
UNC
Kansas
Michigan State
Arizona
UCLA
Indiana•
Syracuse*
Louisville*

*Edited to add more historically good programs, but down in recent years

Maybe the FBI and NCAA investigations have hampered some of these schools’ recent recruiting efforts.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t expect them to continue with 27 & 23 in the remaining games but those are now the season highs for both players. Neither of them scored that many points in any of the games prior to KY and we played some crappy teams before SEC play. The point I was trying to make is that both Springer and Johnson give this team a different element on offense that no other player on the roster has. The ball needs to be in their hands the majority of the time moving forward.[/Qrate to lets pass it around and try to get that pass inside.UOTE] much it changes from penet

I agree they can be dynamic penetrate score and get assist but I think this game was a bit of an outlier. The foul trouble and Fulky's slide made it paramount for someone to step up those guys did. I think it helped those 2 to step up with Fulk not being in the game. Why, i'm not sure if it is Barnes wants to run it through the post so much that it has this thought burnt in to these guys head. Making them think to much. UK is young and in a scramble so not sure if it was their D or these guys coming.I was looking forward to the UF game to see how this style plays out. If Fulk is hurt and needs some time UGA game would be a perfect game to see if playing with a different O mindset may play better with this team in the long run. In my mind I had never seen this team play like they did vs UK especially in 2nd half. Would like to see that moving forward.

VN Store

Back