New 2020 recruit?

I'm ambivalent about signings like this. Kellie has Kasi, Tamari, Emily, Rae, Lou and Kamera to play the post. Is Jaiden an improvement to these choices, or is she going to be just for end of bench depth. It feels like Kellie is going for Mo St caliber players, not Tennessee ones...
If memory serves me correct she was once a top 100 player in the 2016 class (the year we only landed Kam and Cheridene as a late Juco signing) she wanted to play for us but that year Holly and Elzy had difference of opinions on who to go after and we bombed out, she ended up signing with Tyler (thanks Mickie Demoss) and La Tech

She is talented and will not provide help right away imo! She also has experience playing some college ball where as Saunders and Key has not! Look for her to be ahead of everyone except Kasi and I could she her and Lou battling for the starting spot at the 4

If memory serves me correct she was once a top 100 player in the 2016 class (the year we only landed Kam and Cheridene as a late Juco signing) she wanted to play for us but that year Holly and Elzy had difference of opinions on who to go after and we bombed out, she ended up signing with Tyler (thanks Mickie Demoss) and La Tech

She is talented and will not provide help right away imo! She also has experience playing some college ball where as Saunders and Key has not! Look for her to be ahead of everyone except Kasi and I could she her and Lou battling for the starting spot at the 4

Fans complain too Dam much. Be4 she came we had Colin's rite?? Why are ppl complaining about too much post players.. lawd lol

Sounds like Watts, a player who might have actually helped, was unimpressed with her visit to Knoxville.

But Kellie is assembling one hell of a MVC team...

Reactions: LadyVol1908
Sounds like Watts, a player who might have actually helped, was unimpressed with her visit to Knoxville.

Yeap one that made it to the sweet 16 this year!!

I also read where she was in the top 100, but could not find where I read it. Did you mean to say will provide help right away? Her injury when she was a high school senior knocked her out of most of that year, I believe, and may have effected how many schools recruited her. She was still rated a 4 star. I like that I also read she shoots around 65% within 14’ of the basket. Welcome Jaiden!!!

Last edited:
I'm ambivalent about signings like this. Kellie has Kasi, Tamari, Emily, Rae, Lou and Kamera to play the post. Is Jaiden an improvement to these choices, or is she going to be just for end of bench depth. It feels like Kellie is going for Mo St caliber players, not Tennessee ones...
Well, I don't know...maybe she'll be one those quality subs that come off the bench and give a productive 8 or 9 minutes a game...seems all of the great teams have that...we need that...go LVFL 🏀🧡

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Please explain what you believe is a UT caliber player! McDonalds HS 5 star All Americans etc. etc. have not won lots of games here!

They did when Pat Summitt was in her prime.
True but now every D1 team has them not just 2-3 schools! Times have changed the day of just putting great athletes on the floor and just beating weaker teams down with better athletes is over! X’s and O’s are more important than the Jennie’s and Flo’s!

Some people just want to complain, so they can say "I told you so" if things don't go as well as we all hope ......

Kellie and her staff are building a team that will represent the University of Tennessee.....Let's all get behind her and be positive.....She deserves that.

Were you told this from someone inside the women's complex? Sounds like a reach on your part, but as long as it serves your agenda...

If these are the players were considering im highly dissapointed. This is lower than Hollingworst levels.

Pat Summitt once said her daddy told her "you can't win the Kentucky derby if you show up with a bunch of mules". That made her a tenacious recruiter and helped her secure top 5 classes for most of her career. Kellie better learn that lesson quickly if she's to have any success at UT. Jmho

Pat Summitt once said her daddy told her "you can't win the Kentucky derby if you show up with a bunch of mules". That made her a tenacious recruiter and helped her secure top 5 classes for most of her career. Kellie better learn that lesson quickly if she's to have any success at UT. Jmho
Best I recall, Pat did not have top 5 classes when she started coaching...takes time to build/rebuild a dynasty!

I'm relatively new to the board and I have a question regarding offering an opinion. Some folks follow a statement with IMO and others with IMHO. Is an opinion that is offered with humility received more favorably than one that is not?

VN Store

Back