New 2020 recruit?

Eylia "Lele" Love several u-tube features. Her playing on the MO AAU team would mean she has been involved with the KJH's staff for sometime.

March 2019: Athletic perimeter prospect slices through the defense, attacks the rim and finishes plays in traffic; mid-range game creator, rises on jumper with feathery touch; uptempo contributor. (Olson)

Olson likes her in his evaluation although she is not ranked as highly as you would expect considering his evaluation.

At least she has quickness and speed ......so much unlike the slow bigs Holley recruited.

Yes, according to the OP's ESPN link above.

At this stage (when players are still juniors), most are still evaluated as 3 stars. There are only ~15 5-star players in the 2020 class and ~40 4-star players (compared to 50+ 5-star players in the 2019 class). The 2020 class will be re-evaluated this summer and have higher rankings after that.

The #13 guard in the class is currently ranked #56 overall and Love is the #15 guard, so she'd probably be just below that if the list went beyond 60 players.

Does it really make a difference where she is presently ranked ?
Outside of the fact that rating players is an inexact pursuit (though generally a top 10 recruit will outperform one ranked between 50-60), only 1 of our 5 star recruits over the past 4 years is still with the team anyway.

Reactions: brassie and skclark
Outside of the fact that rating players is an inexact pursuit (though generally a top 10 recruit will outperform one ranked between 50-60), only 1 of our 5 star recruits over the past 4 years is still with the team anyway.
It doesn't matter to me as long as the player has heart, shows great effort and is skilled. I believe I saw where Love may have changed schools, so maybe she got lost in the shuffle for awhile.

In before DarthVol and friends bemoan the fact that she is a 3 star and say Kellie and staff can't recruit.:rolleyes:

Never, I think it's a great idea to recruit the same players here that she was recruiting at Missouri State...

thumb_thats-a-bold-strategy-cotton-lets-seeif-it-pays-off-2908447.png

Never, I think it's a great idea to recruit the same players here that she was recruiting at Missouri State...

thumb_thats-a-bold-strategy-cotton-lets-seeif-it-pays-off-2908447.png

Well,wet blanket,those girls recruited to Missouri State actually won games in the NCAA tournament,whereas the elite status ladies on our Lady Vols were ousted in the first round. Could it be that coaching and effort make a difference?

2016 Harris ? Our only recruited player from High school .... plus Cheredene (Knee)
2017. Davis (5*)
2018. Zay Green (5*)
2019. Jordon Horston (5*)

I count three five stars players for next year !
All three will start and have significant impact! JMO

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
2016 Harris ? Our only recruited player from High school .... plus Cheredene (Knee)
2017. Davis (5*)
2018. Zay Green (5*)
2019. Jordon Horston (5*)

I count three five stars players for next year !
All three will start and have significant impact! JMO

Somehow, Green slipped by me and yes, she's still here with Davis. The other 3 are not.

ratings are iffy --- remember when we got the #1 recruit in the nation and she underwhelmed us, for the most part, sticking in the WNBA last year only as a "project" with a team that didn't need or use her on the court

VN Store

Back