Never Forget 9/11

I took my kids to the memorial two summers ago as well, on the 4th of July. My daughter was born on 9/12/02....so she has always had a fascination around those events.

I found myself completely overwhelmed and speechless at ground zero.

Having went there are some of the fire trucks still there as a memorial? I’ve seen a picture of a memorial but never could locate it.

I know there are a few memorials around the world as well

Having went there are some of the fire trucks still there as a memorial? I’ve seen a picture of a memorial but never could locate it.

I know there are a few memorials around the world as well
In the museum I believe....we couldn’t get into the museum that day. It’s probably best, I’m not sure I could have handled it.

The memorial was more than I could take in.

I’ve read about a man who was a security officer at a bank in one of the towers. After the first plane hit he helped guide people to safety going back in over and over.

The last known position was headed back up the stairwell when the tower fell.

It’s said he saved hundreds that day. 🇺🇸

The museum, which is or was at the time a block away, had some items and helmets from the first responders’ station houses. Some stations lost everyone. I do not remember seeing a fire engine, but it could very well have been there. The museum was packed with people....but it was completely silent. At the time I went, they were finishing some work on the Freedom tower on that side, so things were a bit different

Reactions: Dudleys87
At a conference this summer, I was fortunate to hear the experiences of a keynote speaker, NYC fire chief Richard Picciotto. It was humbling to hear of his heroic selflessness, even as he was buried amongst and beneath 110-stories of rubble. Truly remarkable what these men and women endured, and it’s sad what we as a country have become since that fateful day.

I couldn’t believe what I was watching, in my mind it was some horrible malfunction going on with the air traffic control system or the autopilot programs in the planes were messed up and they were both horrible accidents. I couldn’t imagine that this was being done intentionally. It wasn’t until the third plane hit the pentagon that I realized that this was a terrorist attack. At what point did you all realize that our country was under attack?

i'm a younger one, but i was in 4th grade. we had just go back from music class, and my homeroom teacher had the tv on, and as soon as i sat down the second plane hit. he turned the tv off quickly, and started to teach, but you could tell there was there was something wrong with his voice. it was shock, fear, and a whole lot of emotions. i remember it like it was yesterday.

I couldn’t believe what I was watching, in my mind it was some horrible malfunction going on with the air traffic control system or the autopilot programs in the planes were messed up and they were both horrible accidents. I couldn’t imagine that this was being done intentionally. It wasn’t until the third plane hit the pentagon that I realized that this was a terrorist attack. At what point did you all realize that our country was under attack?
Immediately. On a perfectly clear day a commercial airliner does not fly into a building.

I knew from the first moment that whoever did it, did it intentionally.

Reactions: Dudleys87 and MAD
I remember watching this live on tv in my sophomore high school English literature class.

It was so strange and was the first time I ever even considered foreign policy.

Reactions: MAD and Dudleys87
My husband was in San Francisco when it happened- my friend from Elizabethton called and we cried, cried, cried, cried and then cried some more. I felt even more alone so went to talk to our Pastor... it was comforting to a point but those moments for all of us will forever be etched in our hearts.

PS.. Mr. Peach wasn't able to get home for a couple weeks..

God Bless our wonderful USA!!!!!
th

Last edited:
I remember I was in my freshman English class. My teacher was Mr. Bush, no less. After it became apparent that this was a terrorist attack, our principal came over the intercom and told the whole school. That was the only day the entire semester that we watched TV in that class. In my 2nd period Diversified Tech class, the first tower fell. Watched it live. I'll never forget where I was sitting and the emotions that overcame me.

Reactions: Dudleys87 and MAD
I remember I was in my freshman English class. My teacher was Mr. Bush, no less. After it became apparent that this was a terrorist attack, our principal came over the intercom and told the whole school. That was the only day the entire semester that we watched TV in that class. In my 2nd period Diversified Tech class, the first tower fell. Watched it live. I'll never forget where I was sitting and the emotions that overcame me.

I was in assisted learning class.
No class work
No talking
Not a sound
Not a dry eye

I’ll never forget.

VN Store

Back