Neutral site game with Washington in Canada?

Not that I know of, but with the number of talented Canadians playing in the NCAA, I like the idea of playing a game up there.

Canadians, Europeans, Asians, Africans, Central Americans, hel-, every "ians". I have said it before, if a foreigner wants to get an american education, alright, if he/she wants to play sports while they get educated, the let them play intramural sports. Not take up a scholarship that is likely paid for by some type of tax by the state residents (unless private school). Not to mention it knocks some america kid out of the picture. It irks me to hear golfers, basketball players, track stars, etc. from around the world being announced as graduates or "attendees" having played for some U.S. college. Just rename the NCAA to International Collegiate Athletic Association.

Reactions: LampVol
Canadians, Europeans, Asians, Africans, Central Americans, hel-, every "ians". I have said it before, if a foreigner wants to get an american education, alright, if he/she wants to play sports while they get educated, the let them play intramural sports. Not take up a scholarship that is likely paid for by some type of tax by the state residents (unless private school). Not to mention it knocks some america kid out of the picture. It irks me to hear golfers, basketball players, track stars, etc. from around the world being announced as graduates or "attendees" having played for some U.S. college. Just rename the NCAA to International Collegiate Athletic Association.

Let me guess. You were wearing a MAGA hat and watching Fox News when you typed this.

I dont care where they are from if they help UT win...

Quality of collegiate athletics has only gotten better ever since foreign athletes were allowed to come over and play starting back in the 70's. It's a great opportunity for those kids, and also an extremely difficult journey for the vast majority of them who wind up getting scholarships. If a kid from (insert country here) is more qualified than an American to have a spot on UT's roster for any sport then I hope they get it

Foreign athletes at UT aren't anything new. Karl Kremser and Bobby Croft were football/track and basketball stars from the late 60s.

Lol If a Dirk Nowitzki wants to play at Tennessee you expect him to walk on just because he wasn't born in the states? I say roll out the red carpet to get the best here. I dont care if they are from Mars ala Space Jam. Recruit the best. The NBA is the NATIONAL basketball association and they accept the best from anywhere. So NCAA the same. Bring the best to Tennessee.

You don't get out much, do you?

You don't get out much, do you?

Not sure what your meaning is, but no, I don't get out much. I "indulge" my getting out by suffering through sports and so called entertainment on TV. Which as become a liberal social message in both areas or zombies, walking dead, canned comedy, and super humans, all delivered by "socially correct" players and actors. (I use the term players and actors loosely, as many participants are not very good)

Lol If a Dirk Nowitzki wants to play at Tennessee you expect him to walk on just because he wasn't born in the states? I say roll out the red carpet to get the best here. I dont care if they are from Mars ala Space Jam. Recruit the best. The NBA is the NATIONAL basketball association and they accept the best from anywhere. So NCAA the same. Bring the best to Tennessee.

That's just the problem for me. I guess I'm too much USA American to want to see any sports team with half or better of their players from other countries. No team, league or other entity should be allowed to call themselves "National" if foreigners are involved.
And no, I am not comfortable with foreigners playing at UT or any other american college. It bothers the hell out of me to see them beat an american in international competition and find out that we nurtured them in our systems. I'm sorry, but this is the way I feel. I don't care win or lose, for me we lose regardless of the final game score when we involve/rely of foreigners.

Let me guess. You were wearing a MAGA hat and watching Fox News when you typed this.

I dont care where they are from if they help UT win...

Nope try to not watch any "news" channel (I use the term loosely) actually they have become editorial and social debate channels. Hard to find news or sports reporting without a opinionated commentary the suffer through.

WAIT,,,, "opinionated commentary" that's what we do here. AND I among to worst!!!:eek:

That's just the problem for me. I guess I'm too much USA American to want to see any sports team with half or better of their players from other countries. No team, league or other entity should be allowed to call themselves "National" if foreigners are involved.
And no, I am not comfortable with foreigners playing at UT or any other american college. It bothers the hell out of me to see them beat an american in international competition and find out that we nurtured them in our systems. I'm sorry, but this is the way I feel. I don't care win or lose, for me we lose regardless of the final game score when we involve/rely of foreigners.
What if i told you...... we are almost all foreigners. Im caucasian but far enough back you can trace my family coming from over seas. Lineage is a crazy thing. Sooner or later none of us beling on this continent lol.

So the University of Tennessee should only be represented by student athletes that were raised in Tennessee????

Wow, this thread went to shite. It's amazing that people still think this way. I'm guessing this guy also believes that nobody should be allowed to legally immigrate to Murica.

What exactly is it about a kid being born here that makes them a better person or more worthy of an opportunity?

I'm guessing that a "foreigner" took your job because they were more qualified or productive. This guy is a freaking simpleton.

VN Store

Back