net looks good for lady vols ball : ball in net looks better by maria cornelius

by maria cornelius net ranking 23 maria in this story says vols in ncaa someone post story if you want to. media says vols in turnment I agree vols will get in ncaa turnment.

the word is "tournament." Let's not give Tennessee graduates a bad name....

Here is how NET sees our remaining games as the teams stand right now. Of course as they play games their ratings go up and down. So Right now.

Wofford Q3
Florida Q2
Alabama Q1
Miss St Q2
Vanderbilt Q2
Texas A&M Q2
Georgia Q2
Florida Q3
Missouri Q1
UConn Q1
LSU Q1
Ole Miss Q2
Miss St Q1
Vandy Q3
Arkansas Q1
Auburn Q2
SC Q1
Ky Q2

So every game except two is either Q1 or Q2 games at this time. Below is the the formula for how the NCAA considers ranking the games in a Quadrant. The NCAA says you are more favored if you do not lose any Q3 or 4 games. So right now we only have two left in that category home versus Wofford and Vandy. I doubt the Vandy game will change don't see it going to a Q4 and certainly not expecting it to up to a Q2. Texas A&M could go to a Q3 cause they could lose all their upcoming SEC games before we play them on the road. Have to hope they stay eligible as a Q2 when we play them. Our best shots for Q1 wins are when we play Alabama at home and Miss St and Missouri on the road. That is if they don't lose their way out of being Q1 games. Totally certain our NET ranking won't change much during the season as long as we win the games were favored to win. Of course would be nice to win a couple where were not favored and we all know which games those are.

Lastly the SEC is rated as the fourth best conference in the country by the NCAA Evaluation Tool behind the ACC, Pac 12, and Big 12. With the battle for third with the Big 12 neck and neck we were third probably lost it when Oklahoma beat Florida. Being fourth probably means 5 SEC teams in the NCAA Tourney. If we move back up to third best conference should mean six and even seven depending on Tourney Champs and Automatic Bids.

Tennessee SOS is 5 best in the SEC followed by SC which is 22. Florida has the worst sos number 309, Miss St 299, Ole Miss 264, Kentucky 246, Auburn 223, LSU 215. Other SEC teams Alabama 47, Texas A&M 57, Arkansas 66. Missouri 110, Georgia 129, Vanderbilt 147.

• Quadrant 1: Home 1-30, Neutral 1-50, Away 1-75
  • Quadrant 2: Home 31-75, Neutral 51-100, Away 76-135
  • Quadrant 3: Home 76-160, Neutral 101-200, Away 135-240
  • Quadrant 4: Home 161-353, Neutral 201-353, Away 241-353

Here is how NET sees our remaining games as the teams stand right now. Of course as they play games their ratings go up and down. So Right now.

Wofford Q3
Florida Q2
Alabama Q1
Miss St Q2
Vanderbilt Q2
Texas A&M Q2
Georgia Q2
Florida Q3
Missouri Q1
UConn Q1
LSU Q1
Ole Miss Q2
Miss St Q1
Vandy Q3
Arkansas Q1
Auburn Q2
SC Q1
Ky Q2

So every game except two is either Q1 or Q2 games at this time. Below is the the formula for how the NCAA considers ranking the games in a Quadrant. The NCAA says you are more favored if you do not lose any Q3 or 4 games. So right now we only have two left in that category home versus Wofford and Vandy. I doubt the Vandy game will change don't see it going to a Q4 and certainly not expecting it to up to a Q2. Texas A&M could go to a Q3 cause they could lose all their upcoming SEC games before we play them on the road. Have to hope they stay eligible as a Q2 when we play them. Our best shots for Q1 wins are when we play Alabama at home and Miss St and Missouri on the road. That is if they don't lose their way out of being Q1 games. Totally certain our NET ranking won't change much during the season as long as we win the games were favored to win. Of course would be nice to win a couple where were not favored and we all know which games those are.

Lastly the SEC is rated as the fourth best conference in the country by the NCAA Evaluation Tool behind the ACC, Pac 12, and Big 12. With the battle for third with the Big 12 neck and neck we were third probably lost it when Oklahoma beat Florida. Being fourth probably means 5 SEC teams in the NCAA Tourney. If we move back up to third best conference should mean six and even seven depending on Tourney Champs and Automatic Bids.

Tennessee SOS is 5 best in the SEC followed by SC which is 22. Florida has the worst sos number 309, Miss St 299, Ole Miss 264, Kentucky 246, Auburn 223, LSU 215. Other SEC teams Alabama 47, Texas A&M 57, Arkansas 66. Missouri 110, Georgia 129, Vanderbilt 147.

Thank you!

Do we know how heavily NET weighs in on tourney selection decisions? I'm hearing conflicting info around here. Is there a metric or percentage that certain factors count? SOS > NET?

Do we know how heavily NET weighs in on tourney selection decisions? I'm hearing conflicting info around here. Is there a metric or percentage that certain factors count? SOS > NET?
The NCAA says that it the primary evaluation tool for team consideration to get in the NCAA Tourney. They don't say it is everything, but they do say it is the main determining factor.

Since the NET rankings serve as the primary sorting tool for Division I men's and women's basketball, they play an important role in establishing a team's resume. The menā€™s and womenā€™s basketball NET rankings and team sheets will be provided publicly on a daily basis on NCAA.com and NCAA.org starting in December.

There could be a cut off point to some high NET ranked teams because of automatic bids and conference regular season winners. No doubt in my mind SEC will get at least four and more than likely five or six teams in the NCAA Tourney. It all depends on how many at large bids are available and how your conference ranks in the NET.

If mispelling a word gives me bad name fine. Were i lived its how you act or do not act. Thats what gives someone bad name.

Well, it IS a /university/ sports board--and it's a bad look for the board and the University of Tennessee when posters mangle basic words like "tournament." I don't mean to give you a hard time--but "tournament" is a word any high-school student should know how to spell.

And, sorry, but you misspelled the word "misspelling."

If I want to use a word and I'm not sure of its spelling, I look it up before posting. It's good discipline and a good way to improve your spelling.

Reactions: Eric Viesturs
Well, it IS a /university/ sports board--and it's a bad look for the board and the University of Tennessee when posters mangle basic words like "tournament." I don't mean to give you a hard time--but "tournament" is a word any high-school student should know how to spell.

If I want to use a word and I'm not sure of its spelling, I look it up before posting. It's good discipline and a good way to improve your spelling.

@mudcat1973 has his own way putting things and I understand it
And I have sertainly misspelled words
But usually the reader is smart enough to figure out what I meant

mudcat is loved on this site
and he brings a uniqueness to every post
hard to read, yes, sometimes
but he bleeds orange and that is good enough for me

I suggest you learn to relax a little bit or you're going to have a difficult time with written communication with anyone younger than 40. Even though I communicate daily with clients in a professional capacity, if Grammarly doesn't save my butt on emails there's going to be spelling and grammar issues in every single one. Can I be perfect if I really wanted to? Probably pretty close. But I've found that clients would rather have the correct answer in a timely fashion than a perfectly elocuted incorrect or untimely answer.

Re: the list above...is Q2 Vanderbilt the better version of Q3 Vandy?
They are a Q2 at home and a Q3 on the road. See the list on this post for the explanation. They have a 90 NET ranking so when you play them at home Knoxville they come in as a Q3 76 to 160. When you play them at their place they come in at 76 to 135 is a Q2. It depends on where you play the game. That goes for any game you play in the NET. You have to use the chart below. MIss St, will be a Q1 when we play that game on the road and a Q2 when we play them at home. Missouri right now will be a Q1 as well. If that game had been in Knoxville it would've fell to the Q2 category.

They are a Q2 at home and a Q3 on the road. See the list on this post for the explanation. They have a 90 NET ranking so when you play them at home Knoxville they come in as a Q3 76 to 160. When you play them at their place they come in at 76 to 135 is a Q2. It depends on where you play the game. That goes for any game you play in the NET. You have to use the chart below. MIss St, will be a Q1 when we play that game on the road and a Q2 when we play them at home. Missouri right now will be a Q1 as well. If that game had been in Knoxville it would've fell to the Q2 category.

Thanks, got it now. Was totally confused about the double listing but forgot about teams played twice & how the home-away system works. Thanks again for explaining patiently!

Reactions: chuckiepoo
when will tenn get back in ap top 25 ? they are #34 ap now i say maybe a game r two before unconn if not sure after beating unconn

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Tennessee still a 7 seed. the sun come up this morning and tenn still look like they made ncaa post season. new bracket looks harder . teen in gamecocks bracket. second seed vols would play round two not bad team to.

VN Store

Back