NegaVol Hall of "Fame?"

VolBalls33

I have always thought Geno was a better X and O's coach and knew how to run an actual offense instead of relying on rebounding and putbacks and transition layups as did a lot of Pat Summitt teams did. Does that make me a negavol? It shouldn't. In all honesty people that know basketball should be able to admit Pat wasnt the best at every single thing she did while coaching. Having said that I wouldnt have wanted anyone else to grow up and watch coach UT than Pat.

Bballnut1952

I sat with gule at a game
He and I as well as many here have enjoyed banter back and forth.
this crossed the line as far as I am concerned.
He knows me enough to know that I back this program and Pat Summitt without a hint of reserve

He continually referenced Geno as the GOAT on a thread that Freak himself put out in honor of Pat

If that ain't personal what the H is?

I don't censor,,,I don't control this site.
Can't do a thing about a thing,,All I can do is call out someone when they intentionally post things on this site just to troll or disparage a person or the program.
Pat Sumitt did what Geno couldn't do,,SHE proved that women could be relevant in both team and coach.
Players and Leadership.

All Geno could have done in the same role was prove a man could lead women.

One post is an opinion,
a barrage is an attack

I back Pat and am proud to do so.
That thread should have been about her, not him and gule barraged it to the point that if a reader from without our closeknit group would begin to question if it was even about her.

I back Pat!
Sorry, but calling out posters trying to get them to stop posting an opinion you don’t like is censorship. Period.

You might not like it, but it’s a fair argument to think that Geno is the GOAT. Personally, I think C. Viv is the GOAT, but I’m an RU fan...lol.

initially, you didn’t like your definition of personal attacks of coaches and players because recruits might see it and not come to Tennessee. Ridiculous, but I don’t like personal attacks of players either. Coaches are fair game in my opinion.

However, Gule’s opinion about the GOAT is not the same. You just don’t like. Fine. But how about argu8ng his facts to defend Pat. That would be more effective than brining it here to this stupid Negavol thread.

Last edited:

VA_VOLFAN

Sorry, but calling out posters trying to get them to stop posting an opinion you don’t like is censorship. Period.

You might not like it, but it’s a fair argument to think that Geno is the GOAT. Personally, I think C. Viv is the GOAT, but I’m an RU fan...lol.

initially, you didn’t like your definition of personal attacks of coaches and players because recruits might see it and not come to Tennessee. Ridiculous, but I don’t like personal attacks of players either. Coaches are fair game in my opinion.

However, Gule’s opinion about the GOAT is not the same. You just don’t like. Fine. But how about argu8ng his facts to defend Pat. That would be more effective than brining it here to this stupid Negavol thread.
I don’t think gule is a negavol just an $*** started LOL and if you need facts about that go back and look at his posts hahaha. He wants to get a true rise out of folks (ie looks at his comments about Dawn Staley) 😂

I don’t mind his posts at all a pot stirrer YES a negavol not so much

Bballnut1952

I don’t think gule is a negavol just an $*** started LOL and if you need facts about that go back and look at his posts hahaha. He wants to get a true rise out of folks (ie looks at his comments about Dawn Staley) 😂

I don’t mind his posts at all a pot stirrer YES a negavol not so much
So, personal attacks are ok if they aren’t Lady Vols. Got it.

volnationnj

Coach J seems to have expanded his original criteria, for bringing posts to this thread, from "personal attacks on players and coaches" to now also include posts made in "bad taste".
However, there are posts brought to this thread by Coach J that have no connection with either of the two mentioned reasons.
Why he chose to bring post #22 to this thread is inexplicable.
The poster said that CKH was in a no win situation in that she couldn't be Pat, and that Tennessee couldn't succeed just relying on past glories (I'm paraphrasing. Please read the original post on page 1, #22, of this thread). Was that post a personal attack or was it in bad taste ?

VA_VOLFAN

So, personal attacks are ok if they aren’t Lady Vols. Got it.
Yea, because that’s TOTALLY what I said (NOT) ... if you go back thru my comments and see how I have defended Dawn, Brittany Griner, and other athletes/coaches/etc who were NOT LVs.

I did say I don’t mind gule or his pot stirring and maybe I should be more clear. I don’t mind his overall personality and I don’t think he is one that just comes on to talk negative about the LVs. He talks crap about everybody trying to get under their skin.

Oh you can also check out the transgender thing where I asked posters not to personally attack other athletes... YIKES! Maybe I’m a negavol because I took up for others that aren’t 🤔

Bballnut1952

Yea, because that’s TOTALLY what I said (NOT) ... if you go back thru my comments and see how I have defended Dawn, Brittany Griner, and other athletes/coaches/etc who were NOT LVs.

I did say I don’t mind gule or his pot stirring and maybe I should be more clear. I don’t mind his overall personality and I don’t think he is one that just comes on to talk negative about the LVs. He talks crap about everybody trying to get under their skin.

Oh you can also check out the transgender thing where I asked posters not to personally attack other athletes... YIKES! Maybe I’m a negavol because I took up for others that aren’t 🤔
My bad. I replied as if you were Coach Jumper...lol.

Blame it on old age and staying home for 10 days so far.

Really sorry.

VA_VOLFAN

My bad. I replied as if you were Coach Jumper...lol.

Blame it on old age and staying home for 10 days so far.

Really sorry.
Not a problem 😃 I enjoy a good forum discussion as much as the next person and being stuck in the house is making me crazy there is only so much remodeling and painting that one can do LOL

it's not what he said it's where he said it. That was a thread set up to honor Pat Summitt that turned into a freaking Geno thread. It was crass and in poor taste. I'll let him know so. He continued to post okay. That to me is what someone who had no respect for Pat Summitt would do.

GameTime

Coach is 100% correct.....Gule is a good guy, but going to a thread honoring Pat, and talking about how great Geno is, is like pooping (like a pigeon) on Pat's statue. Not cool, but gule is still a great guy.

creekdipper

Coach is 100% correct.....Gule is a good guy, but going to a thread honoring Pat, and talking about how great Geno is, is like pooping (like a pigeon) on Pat's statue. Not cool, but gule is still a great guy.
Speaking of which (to digress for a moment), which employee(s) is assigned to keep the statues clean at universities? Is that a regular duty or is it rotated among custodial staff?

Amazing the topics that arise during the absence of actual games.

volnationnj

You've way overstepped the line with this one. Volsfaninva917 posted his interpretation of the OP in that thread. It wasn't, necessarily, his own opinion of the state of the LV basketball program. 917 read the OP and summarized it in his/her own words.
But as the self appointed protector of all things sacred and Lady Vol, the Joe McCarthy wannabe, drags whatever he chooses to the negavol thread. Whether or not it applies to his ever shifting standards or not is, apparently, of no concern.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Last edited:
You've way overstepped the line with this one. Volsfaninva917 posted his interpretation of the OP in that thread. It wasn't, necessarily, his own opinion of the state of the LV basketball program. 917 read the OP and summarized it in his/her own words.
But as the self appointed protector of all things sacred and Lady Vol, the Joe McCarthy wannabe, drags whatever he chooses to the negavol thread. Whether or not it applies to his ever shifting standards or not is, apparently, of no concern.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

when I saw
"Lady Vol basketball sucks and is mediocre at best"
my blood ran cold
I now see the preamble

I can admit my mistake and do

I want to apologize to VolNation for being so quick to ire
It is in me to not back down from anything or anyone
Sometimes it takes me over
This is good for me as a coach because I never, ever give up,,, nor do my teams, nor my players

However, in this forum, there is no chance to see emotions of the poster and sometimes I read them wrong
I admit to being human

I do not though, apologize for the intensity in which I back Pat, the lady vols, this site or this university
But I do admit when I am wrong and in this case I did misinterpret the post.

@Volsfaninva917 you have seemed to come into this forum with an immediate aggression towards me and a bold faced lie:
Lol I get it you're a self proclaimed expert, haven't I called you out before about claiming to work with the Lakers.
I have never made such a statement and never will.
The Lakers are my favorite all time team and that is as far as it goes.

If I made such a claim, show it,

This is why I had such a quick trigger with you.
It is one thing not to like me, it is another to lie about me

Last edited:

VN Store

Sponsors