NegaVol Hall of "Fame?"

Wow! The OP must have some very thin skin to create a page such as this
When this page was created, there were personal attacks on players that the OP, me, wasn't going to sit back and just let happen.

Players, families, future prospects read these pages and what was happening was hurtful to them and the program.

This page was created to aid those persons in understanding who was on this site "just" to troll and be negative towards this program.

It did its job, personal attacks went down considerably once it was posted

volnationnj

When this page was created, there were personal attacks on players that the OP, me, wasn't going to sit back and just let happen.

Players, families, future prospects read these pages and what was happening was hurtful to them and the program.

This page was created to aid those persons in understanding who was on this site "just" to troll and be negative towards this program.

It did its job, personal attacks went down considerably once it was posted
That's an interesting rationalization. Tell me, what was Gule's personal attack ?
He expressed an opinion (albeit an unpopular one) and gave his reasons for it. Must everyone march in lockstep here or be labeled a negavol ?
You owe Gule an apology.
What may have started out with good intentions (Stopping personal attacks. Though an argument could be made as to just how plentiful they were) has morphed into calling out posters who have unpopular (though quite possibly valid) opinions.
I suggest taking a step back and surveying the landscape. This program just might survive without the need of an over zealous fan attempting to censor opinions.

Last edited:
That's an interesting rationalization. Tell me, what was Gule's personal attack ?
He expressed an opinion (albeit an unpopular one) and gave his reasons for it. Must everyone march in lockstep here or be labeled a negavol ?
You owe Gule an apology.
What may have started out with good intentions (Stopping personal attacks. Though an argument could be made as to just how plentiful they were) has morphed into calling out posters who have unpopular (though quite possibly valid) opinions.
I suggest taking a step back and surveying the landscape. This program just might survive without the need of an over zealous fan attempting to censor opinions.
His posts began to insult Pat in a thread that the moderator put out himself, to honor her.

...."PS2. He scheduled UT every year until she copped out. Was that soft scheduling? "
Pat didn't cop out, she refused to play with a coach who used questionable methods to steal a recruit.
And as well taunted her openly

https://www.si.com/basketball/2013/02/26/pat-summitt

I would have refused the man as well.

I removed the post, but the apology needed is from him

Last edited:

volnationnj

His posts began to insult Pat in a thread that the moderator put out himself, to honor her.

...."PS2. He scheduled UT every year until she copped out. Was that soft scheduling? "
Pat didn't cop out, she refused to play with a coach who stole a recruit.

I would have refused the man as well.

I removed the post, but the apology needed is from him
Sorry coach, but removing your post is tacit acknowledgement you were wrong to post it in the first place. There were no personal attacks in Gule's post and you know it.

Sorry coach, but removing your post is tacit acknowledgement you were wrong to post it in the first place. There were no personal attacks in Gule's post and you know it.
Pat did't cop out, she was a fierce competitor who refused to honor a person who provoked her.
gule posted his adoration of Geno in a thread dedicated to a Tennessee hero.
Pat took an unpopular stand....So do I

I back Pat!

Removing the post was an act of distant friendship. gule and I have had a good relationship on this board, I think he got caught up in the moment. But he still was openly honoring a man Pat despised on a thread devoted to her and I find that to be personal against her....If he wants to adore Geno, or if anybody else wants to sing the accolades of Geno, do it here. I have no problem with that

Last edited:

volnationnj

Pat did't cop out, she was a fierce competitor who refused to honor a person who provoked her.

I back Pat!

Removing the post was an act of distant friendship. gule and I have had a good relationship on this board, I think he got caught up in the moment. But he still was openly honoring a man Pat despised on a thread devoted to her and I find that to be personal against her....If he wants to adore Geno, or if anybody else wants to sing the accolades of Geno, do it here. I have no problem with that
What was Pat's unpopular stand ?

Bballnut1952

I back Pat!

Gule put out his OPINION, it was not a personal attack.

Censorship is a bad thing.

Gule put out his OPINION, it was not a personal attack.

Censorship is a bad thing.
I sat with gule at a game
He and I as well as many here have enjoyed banter back and forth.
this crossed the line as far as I am concerned.
He knows me enough to know that I back this program and Pat Summitt without a hint of reserve

He continually referenced Geno as the GOAT on a thread that Freak himself put out in honor of Pat

If that ain't personal what the H is?

I don't censor,,,I don't control this site.
Can't do a thing about a thing,,All I can do is call out someone when they intentionally post things on this site just to troll or disparage a person or the program.
Pat Sumitt did what Geno couldn't do,,SHE proved that women could be relevant in both team and coach.
Players and Leadership.

All Geno could have done in the same role was prove a man could lead women.

One post is an opinion,
a barrage is an attack

I back Pat and am proud to do so.
That thread should have been about her, not him and gule barraged it to the point that if a reader from without our closeknit group would begin to question if it was even about her.

I back Pat!

gule

Wow, see what ya miss while you’re out trimming hedges! Coach(sic) Jumper having a childish meltdown. I doubt anybody else on this forum would say that I was attacking PS. Only thing I did was debate who is/was the GoAT coach. I gave valid reasons, not quotes from others claimed as my own. I’m no Genophobe in any sense. Most posters here know i’ve Given the Connie’s a basting for years. Why CJ would blow a gasket over this is ridiculous.

Wow, see what ya miss while you’re out trimming hedges! Coach(sic) Jumper having a childish meltdown. I doubt anybody else on this forum would say that I was attacking PS. Only thing I did was debate who is/was the GoAT coach. I gave valid reasons, not quotes from others claimed as my own. I’m no Genophobe in any sense. Most posters here know i’ve Given the Connie’s a basting for years. Why CJ would blow a gasket over this is ridiculous.
Look at the place you glorified Geno, gule...on a thread that the moderator of this very site did in honor of Pat SUmmitt

That was in bad taste and you know it

VN Store

Sponsors