NCAA trying to put an end to Standard Test Scores for entrance

Dumbing down has been going of for a while. College football consists of two words. College. Football. They are beginning to move farther apart. Soon college football will have nothing to do with college. There will be players that got athletic preferential treatment through high school and will enter college not knowing how to read.
College <----------------------->Football

Wonder if the NCAA's move this direction was influenced by the NIL decision? Timing means it must be related, right?

Dumbing down has been going of for a while. College football consists of two words. College. Football. They are beginning to move farther apart. Soon college football will have nothing to do with college. There will be players that got athletic preferential treatment through high school and will enter college not knowing how to read.

Wonder if the NCAA's move this direction was influenced by the NIL decision? Timing means it must be related, right?
Exactly right. It's just to the point that you really aren't fooling anyone so why pretend? Just become a full throated NFL minor league and embrace it. Don't force the players to study, attend class or graduate. Just pay 'em and play 'em.

Trust me guys have been getting into schools not knowing how to read for a long time.

Trust me guys have been getting into schools not knowing how to read for a long time.
Agree, but now there will be no charade. Remember how we had to wait until dang near the first game kickoff to see if a player was going to be granted eligibility. SAT and ACT scores had to be verified and test retaken when they didn't pass. Junior Colleges enrolling players for a year or so to get them academically clean enough to play. These were the guys you speak of. Sort of a charm school cleansing had to occur to get them into "real college" where they could major in sports management or some sort of criminal or urban degree (that was probably legit, but not as hard as engineering or business). The JUCO route was (mostly) for those who needed academic healing. Wonder if some of those programs will suffer as a result of this change?

Reactions: ArdentVol
I recall many years ago the US complained that Russia and the Soviet Bloc countries pushed Olympic athletes into training as children without regard to their well rounded education.

All along America was like, "no need to read, man, you're gonna be rich playing ball......" in basketball and football.

I'm betting there's guys in the NFL now who can't tell you what 9x7 is..... but can read QB's eyes and split back motion in seconds.

Traditional education is overrated if your 40 speed is 4.4.

I recall many years ago the US complained that Russia and the Soviet Bloc countries pushed Olympic athletes into training as children without regard to their well rounded education.

All along America was like, "no need to read, man, you're gonna be rich playing ball......" in basketball and football.

I'm betting there's guys in the NFL now who can't tell you what 9x7 is..... but can read QB's eyes and split back motion in seconds.

Traditional education is overrated if your 40 speed is 4.4.
That’s the part thats kinda sad. What’s the ratio of SEC football players that make it to the NFL vs those that thought they would make it to the NFL? That bubble pops for most.

I have always been sad for those that didn’t make it and when the smoke cleared , they still couldn’t read. But I’m softening on that. I realize - without football in the picture, wherever they land in life, reading wouldn’t be important to them anyway and maybe football brought them some memorable years that they wouldn’t have had otherwise.

Reactions: Raebo
There is certainly going to be some innovation around how to play the new 'rules' or lack thereof. Somebody is going to be better at it and somebody is going to be worse at it.

There is certainly going to be some innovation around how to play the new 'rules' or lack thereof. Somebody is going to be better at it and somebody is going to be worse at it.
2026 National Championship game. Vanderbilt vs. Kansas at Jerry World. Book it.

SAT, ACT scores have become a joke, but i I can t let go of the fact there should be a standard of some sort of a standard for college athletes.
would live to see more minor league options for football and basketball

Fair point, Travis Henry got into Tennessee.

How old are you? Honestly, that's the most typical FL fan response ever. TN isn't even being discussed but you have to say something about TN. You've won God knows how many games against us and you still suffer from an inferiority complex. Then, when someone responds, you say "opinion noted" like you're some sort of wonderful arbiter of truth. I guess coming here and making snide comments is your way of having fun. Just like it would be for a 12 year old

How old are you? Honestly, that's the most typical FL fan response ever. TN isn't even being discussed but you have to say something about TN. You've won God knows how many games against us and you still suffer from an inferiority complex. Then, when someone responds, you say "opinion noted" like you're some sort of wonderful arbiter of truth. I guess coming here and making snide comments is your way of having fun. Just like it would be for a 12 year old

Your opinion is noted.

Thank you for responding to my post.

VN Store

Back