NCAA Tournament Game Thread: (3) Lady Vols vs. (6) Michigan

She did work on her game but it’s been noted these players were very much in contact with their coaches and did zoom sessions with them over the C19 break. But before that we saw a leap forward with Rae from freshman to sophomore year. We just needed her to settle in a bit and she has credit Kellie with getting her to slow down, think, and just play the game.

Credit def goes to Rae for working on her game! But even she has credited Kellie with helping her think the game.
I don't believe that credit Kellie bee sess.
Or her sister would be here.

I do not think Kelly wanted to field a "finesse" team but because of a lack of depth that is exactly what she put on the court. I think Kelly is a very good upper tier coach but if she does not kick her recruiting up a couple of notches she will not be here in 3 more years. TN is now a very very very conservative state and the majority of State leadership does not want women's sports but if they have to field a team they want a MAN coaching them. I do not agree with that philosophy but the world has changed and the morons are in charge. The mindset is women should cheer dance and be hostesses and the boys should play sports and if a women is not all dolled up she should be shunned and should not be in any high profile job that has state taxpayer support. Kelly is a good ambassador on the sidelines for Tennessee values but she had better succeed at a very high level. it is not fair but it is what it is. We have to create an environment where the players want to be here. People in HS and AAU ball need to promote TN many of the players only know of Pat from the We Back Pat campaign. With a Post Covid world close to a reality will their be any Summer World Basketball? Darby, Salary really need it as does Saunders
Don't know if Kellie wanted this finesse team
but given stallions like Davis , Burrell , Keyes and Horston if she didn't want them, then she should
have stayed home. It DON'T get better than this.
She had AAs and still have one. She had enuff to make it to the Sweet 16 and beyond with a player in the caliber of Parker and others, but
I'm going to let her slide this time. Just this time , cause she won't have this no time soon.

I don't believe that credit Kellie bee sess.
Or her sister would be here.

Or her sister is her own person who wants to follow her own path... What has their coach done to develop players? Exactly... she was close to home so she went there. That’s not a knock against their coach but it’s relative to Kellie in terms of development if we are looking at it like that. Her UNC players seemed to regress actually.

By that logic Tara V at Stanford couldn’t develop players or Katie Lou would of went there rather than Uconn... She didn’t want to be her own person.

Man i swear yall funny🤣

Yall can hee-haw all you want about what went wrong in this game, but until we get some players who don't get incredibly frustrated by contact/no call,,,...

AT 1:59 to go in the half we were down 4 pts
AT 8:53 in the 3rd we were down 11pts
AT 6:41 in the 3rd we were down 19 pts
an 8-0 run to start the 3rd
a 17-2 run From 1:59 Q2 - 6:41 Q3

From down 4 (23-19) to down 19 (40-21) with no time out taken,,,NO athlete can take that without effect.,,,,it wasn't the calls. that took the life out of them

Reactions: Tnphil and Amb3096
Or her sister is her own person who wants to follow her own path... What has their coach done to develop players? Exactly... she was close to home so she went there. That’s not a knock against their coach but it’s relative to Kellie in terms of development if we are looking at it like that. Her UNC players seemed to regress actually.

By that logic Tara V at Stanford couldn’t develop players or Katie Lou would of went there rather than Uconn... She didn’t want to be her own person.

Man i swear yall funny🤣
Hmmmm.... Tara or Geno ?
Geno. Path and development crossroad , my point exactly.

Hmmmm.... Tara or Geno ?
Geno. Path and development crossroad , my point exactly.

So she chose her own path and that didn’t make Tara any more at fault because she couldn’t keep her home with her sister. EXACTLY, my point... 👊🏾✊🏽

So she chose her own path and that didn’t make Tara any more at fault because she couldn’t keep her home with her sister. EXACTLY, my point... 👊🏾✊🏽
Not really, if Kellie was like quasi- player developer like Geno and had Tamari, the sisters would be playing together.

AT 1:59 to go in the half we were down 4 pts
AT 8:53 in the 3rd we were down 11pts
AT 6:41 in the 3rd we were down 19 pts
an 8-0 run to start the 3rd
a 17-2 run From 1:59 Q2 - 6:41 Q3

From down 4 (23-19) to down 19 (40-21) with no time out taken,,,NO athlete can take that without effect.,,,,it wasn't the calls. that took the life out of them

OH, GIVE IT A BREAK JUMPER.

Not really, if Kellie was like quasi- player developer like Geno and had Tamari, the sisters would be playing together.

One there is only one Geno and two her future coach hasn’t proved she can develop players ... Jury is still out. We can at least see the difference in Rae form freshman to sophomore year.

I get it your not feeling Kellie but thinking someone is just supposed to follow their sister and not be their own person LOL... and this isn’t an argument i’m actually laughing

Nice try....wrong name. You have absolutely no input to change anything. You do know that....right? This thread has turned into a bash thread and you are acting out just as bad as all the other Negas so give it a break. Everyone feels bad enough.

Nice try....wrong name. You have absolutely no input to change anything. You do know that....right? This thread has turned into a bash thread and you are acting out just as bad as all the other Negas so give it a break. Everyone feels bad enough.

I do not bash, bashing is a prejudicial attack.
I am not prejudiced against Coach K
I have backed her fully from the gitgo and that hasn't changed
Neither has who I am or how I post

Reactions: alexvol and Tnphil
I do not bash, bashing is a prejudicial attack.
I am not prejudiced against Coach K
I have backed her fully from the gitgo and that hasn't changed
Neither has who I am or how I post
Agree .Any comment /critictism about the coach or players is taken as a personal affront by three posters on this board and they label them negavols and make all kinds of negative comments about that poster.
I support Coach Harper and the Vols without reservation but they are not above criticism .

A note is appropriate about Coach Harper at this point in this thread.She left the program at Missouri State on a solid foundation since they are going to the Sweet 16 again this year.

Agree .Any comment /critictism about the coach or players is taken as a personal affront by three posters on this board and they label them negavols and make all kinds of negative comments about that poster.
I support Coach Harper and the Vols without reservation but they are not above criticism .

A note is appropriate about Coach Harper at this point in this thread.She left the program at Missouri State on a solid foundation since they are going to the Sweet 16 again this year.

Just call it like I see it. Feel free to put me on ignore if it gets too much for you.

Just call it like I see it. Feel free to put me on ignore if it gets too much for you.
Oh I do not want to ignore you ....even though you have labeled me unappropriately many times as a negavol ...nothing could be further from the truth.Fact is I want to have your most biased opinion on everything Lady Vols and it is most biased of any poster on the board .Keep at it ...birds of a feather and all that ..You even took umberage at my last post when you were not mentioned in my post at all but it triggered you non-the-less .

Automatically calling timeout to "stop a run" has definitely fallen out of favor with many modern coaches, Rick Barnes included. He does it almost grudgingly. It use to be automatic, and I wonder why it changed?

Maybe it doesn't really work often enough to eat up the t.o, which you might desperately need at the end of the game? I'm sure there have been studies and metrics about this. Sometimes it seems like the t.o. has the opposite effect of slowing momentum,; in fact, it often turns into a mini pep rally with the bench players rushing the floor to chest bump, head slap, etc to celebrate the run. Plus give the team on the run a chance to catch their breath, get a quick rest.

On the other hand, if I'm the coach getting run upon, I definitely want to gather my troops and say WTF and try to refocus them.

I'm curious what the thinking is behind the new trend toward not using t.o.s to stop runs. Wish someone would ask KJH.

one thing this team has is chemistry something Holly's team lacked last year 🧡
btw I got scared one I saw this post cuz I thought Destiny was entering the transfer portal...whew😅

Reactions: travis929
Oh I do not want to ignore you ....even though you have labeled me unappropriately many times as a negavol ...nothing could be further from the truth.Fact is I want to have your most biased opinion on everything Lady Vols and it is most biased of any poster on the board .Keep at it ...birds of a feather and all that ..You even took umberage at my last post when you were not mentioned in my post at all but it triggered you non-the-less .

Yeah, well, I'll never be a Nega so if you think me being a positive supporter of the program is being biased, so be it. Proud of it.

Yeah, well, I'll never be a Nega so if you think me being a positive supporter of the program is being biased, so be it. Proud of it.
No one ever accused you of not being a positive supporter.But you sure are quick on the trigger to accuse anyone of being a negavol if their opinion differs from yours about any criticism of the team play ,coaching ,player ,etc.

VN Store

Back