NCAA Tournament chances

Not sure how anybody can predict the Vol’s games. Our D is fairly consistent which gives us a chance every game. Our rebounding and scoring just don’t show up some nights. When the entire team crashes the boards and we score 65+ points then we’re a tough out. Vescovi seems to be finding his comfort zone which now gives us a legit PG. I don’t have a clue how these last games will go, but it will be exciting to watch!

I get what you're saying about Washington in terms of analytics, but the committee has a brain, and will see that they are currently the worst team in the Pac12 at 2-9.

It’s not great, but the committee says they don’t compare across conferences. If they use KenPom and the NET as tools, it is a quality win. Need them to win a few to get in top 50.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Bruce seems to have Rick's number recently, and Auburn is a better team than UT. So, UT's chances of winning those games are low. We also play five other regular season games and the SEC tournament, all of which will influence our chances of reaching the NCAA tournament.
Fyp

We're not far off in terms of how many wins we need but it's an uphill climb. You're right, the SOS gives us a great opportunity but the margin of error is razor thin after the A&M loss and the UK game coulda put us in much better spot too. Saturday is a must win in my mind. And then you have to steal one from AU or Arky again on the road, where we never seem to play well to have the best shot at getting in.

I said heading into this 3 game stretch before last night it would decide where we are headed, I still firmly believe that. If we beat Arkansas at home ✔️, South Carolina on the road and then Vandy at home we will be in a great spot heading down the stretch. Barnes is too good of a coach and this team has shown too much fight for me to think we go 0-5 down the stretch.

I wonder why Minnesota only has 30 games?

17-14 is NIT IMO.

18-13 is NCAAT bubble IMO. Probable need to enhance it with at least 1-1 in the SECT, maybe 2-1.
It’s impossible to say, there has been years it was good enough and some it wasn’t...heck didn’t Vandy get in at 16-15 recently?

Trying to draw a bold line with the NCAAT bubble is meaningless, get to 17 wins and we are in the discussion, anything more increases our chances.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Uphill climb but very doable. If we can shoot it at at 40% clip with how we play D. Good thing is the Bubble is very soft so 10-8 in our league has us in serious conversation.

62 NET this morning

Any guesses on what 9-9 and 10-8 has us at ?
Strange that our NET exactly matches RPI...with that said 17-14(9-9) projects to a RPI of 51, guessing NET would be similar.

Worth noting our SOS is projected to be Top 25, that should help our case.

Very difficult for us to get to 18 wins.

S.C. is a must win. Slight chance for bubble will disappear if we lose this one.

Very difficult for us to get to 18 wins.

S.C. is a must win. Slight chance for bubble will disappear if we lose this one.

Disagree about usce

We simply need to win one more road game and Arkansas seems like an easier game to win than Saturday imo

Vandy
Florida
Auburn
and one road win and we dance

I said heading into this 3 game stretch before last night it would decide where we are headed, I still firmly believe that. If we beat Arkansas at home ✔️, South Carolina on the road and then Vandy at home we will be in a great spot heading down the stretch. Barnes is too good of a coach and this team has shown too much fight for me to think we go 0-5 down the stretch.
I think we'll beat UF at home, but I'll believe an AU win when I see it. Barnes' teams have hardly ever played a good game against a Bruce Pearl coached team and dont know why. We ain't winning in Rupp. I think it comes down to beating Arky and USCe on the road. And even then we're on the bubble.

I've loved the fight of this team, but we've been wildly inconsistent this season for me to believe we are going dancing.

Reactions: griffdog14
If TN can beat USCe, Vandy, and either Florida or Auburn then the status of Isaiah Joe in 2 weeks could be the difference in being on or off of the bubble. Wouldn't hurt if Jones is still in the dog house and JJJ is good to go either.

Reactions: cncchris33

VN Store

Back