NCAA Tournament chances

Flip a coin on the UF game. The hallmark of this year, for every team, is inconsistency. Florida has taken that to a whole new level. We could beat you by 25, or lose to you by 25. We could be up 12 at the half and lose to you; we can be down 20 and beat you.

Frustrating, to say the least.
Something tells me that is a byproduct of Michael White being your head coach.

Reactions: tn4elvis
16 wins with Vandy and Arkansas, maybe 17 with USCjr. Then we'd have to beat Florida and either Kentucky or Auburn once.

I just dont see all of that happening. We cant compete down low. Let's just finish the season not laying down, compete well in the NIT and look forward to next season.
Are you serious? You’ve gotta be one of the most negative posters I’ve seen on this board. Get out of here with the negativity dude. We’re going dancing. Just like some of us said back in December.

16 wins with Vandy and Arkansas, maybe 17 with USCjr. Then we'd have to beat Florida and either Kentucky or Auburn once.

I just dont see all of that happening. We cant compete down low. Let's just finish the season not laying down, compete well in the NIT and look forward to next season.
This can't be Jack Tate from Bearden right?

The Vols have to beat SC, Vandy, Ark, and Florida. These are a must. Then the Vols need to split Auburn and Kentucky. If this happens I'd say they were in. Winning a game or two in the SEC Tourney would help too.

I disagree, not that it matters but Arkansas on the road, South Carolina on the road and Florida at home all would be nice resume wins.

Agreed they are nice wins but we wouldn’t have one single hang your hat on big win. I just don’t think a vcu win can be our best win

South Carolina is a very good basketball team right now. We have a lot of upside. Should be interesting.

Them playing a road today and is getting an extra day to prepare helps
I still think winning isn’t likely though
Honestly, we were fortunate to win in Knoxville. That being said, we do have a lot of ways we can win that game in Columbia. But, doesn't it always come down to shooting percentage?

Those Tuesday games sure give an advantage to the home team. Unfortunately Vandy is the only one that we have left at home.

Beating SC and Vandy is a must. I think .500 after that for the rest of the year should get us in the dance.

Agreed they are nice wins but we wouldn’t have one single hang your hat on big win. I just don’t think a vcu win can be our best win

I think that a reasonable committee would overlook having fewer wins in exchange for reconstituting the lineup mid season. Also, they may not normally put a lot of weight on late season versus early season wins, but if TN wins more than loses the rest of the way with Vescovi and Uros added and JJJ returns healthy and productive I'll be PO'd if those details aren't considered if only evaluating which quadrant the games fell into.

I like to study those kind of things. My guess is if that is true those teams had very solid RPI/net rankings. Assuming we are right at 50ish we won’t have that
Sample size with NET obviously isn’t huge...

Last year Clemson & NC State were left out with NET rankings of 33 & 35, but Arizona State & St. John’s got in with NET rankings of 63 & 73. Curious with the SOS/OOC SOS looked like for those 4 teams.

Last year Clemson & NC State were left out with NET rankings of 33 & 35, but Arizona State & St. John’s got in with NET rankings of 63 & 73. Curious with the SOS/OOC SOS looked like for those 4 teams.

I forgot how wild those were. I’ll look at those teams when I have time

I forgot how wild those were. I’ll look at those teams when I have time

Looking at last year and those 4 teams the only real thing I see is they may have used rpi instead of net
All other things are mixed

VN Store

Back