NCAA Sanctions............

I hope, but I agree. Head coach and AD both fired, what more could they ask. And yes I know Fulmer was officially a resignation.

A lot of this is going to depend on two things...

1.) How long it takes the NCAA to get around to ruling on this.

And..

2.) The severity of the self-imposed penalties that UT enforces in the meantime.

By the time the NCAA DOES get around to ruling on our case, which could take quite a while as they claim that COVID has caused quite a backlog for them, hopefully they can look at the measures that we have taken in the meantime and decide they don't need to impose anything further. I do NOT think we will go to a bowl game at the end of this season, whether it be because of losses or because we self-impose a bowl ban. That will already be 2 straight years we denied ourselves going to a bowl game. Now, will we self-impose scholarship reductions or recruiting visit restrictions? Good question! I don't know. We should probably consider it though.

Were not going to get slammed, people always want to look at worst case. Just don't see it happening here, the University caught it themselves and kicked all involved out. Many worse cases at North Carolina, LSU and Miami were involved in covering up their transgressions and they got nada, or as in LSU case still waiting. What a bad joke on the LSU deal, are you kidding me on record with paying players and he is still coaching today with no penalty of comment from the NCAA about it. I don't know if I by the FBI is still looking into that, and told the NCAA to not act yet. That just doesn't make any sense. If the NCAA goes by what they said they are looking to punish the perpetrators of the cheating not the school and especially if the school isn't trying to hide the cheating. We will see if they hold true to their word. GBO!
Miami took itself out the bowl mix for 2 seasons and got several scholarship reductions over 3 years. That's hardly nothing.

NC threw academics under the bus to avoid sanctions by insisting their academic BS courses were available to anyone, not just athletes. Apparently, that was true, making it not an NCAA issue but an academic accreditation issue NC may have to face.

LSU is GOING to get hammered and Wade may coach the white-collar team at the Federal Pen. They can win all they want, like Freeze did, and the NCAA will take it all back (like they did at Ole Miss) eventually. I suspect, as you say, the FBI told the NCAA to wait their turn.

You ignore Missouri. One tutor doing work for athletes, all academic violations and no money paid to players, self reported....... got them a bowl ban, scholarship reductions, fines, visit penalties, etc. One tutor. No money involved. Missouri appealed and lost.

If you think our violations are less serious to the NCAA than Missouri's were....... why?

Last edited:
I see 2-3 years probation and "extra compliance monitoring" and a small reduction in official benefits for a year or 2.
That would be possible if the violations were only Level 2. That doesn’t fly when Level 1 violations happen

We will end up with a multi year bowl ban, scholarship reductions, recruiting restrictions, compliance monitoring, extra probation, and probably more. This is much more serious than a lot of you think.

We were paying players, we had compliance and recruiting staff setting up hotel rooms for free visits to give us extra visit chances, we were giving money to 7 on 7 coaches and handlers, we got caught big time, and this is going to hurt, for a long time.

Miami took itself out the bowl mix for 2 seasons and got several scholarship reductions over 3 years. That's hardly nothing.

NC threw academics under the bus to avoid sanctions by insisting their academic BS courses were available to anyone, not just athletes. Apparently, that was true, making it not an NCAA issue but an academic accreditation issue NC may have to face.

LSU is GOING to get hammered and Wade may coach the white-collar team at the Federal Pen. They can win all they want, like Freeze did, and the NCAA will take it all back (like they did at Ole Miss) eventually. I suspect, as you say, the FBI told the NCAA to wait their turn.

You ignore Missouri. One tutor doing work for athletes, all academic violations and no money paid to players, self reported....... got them a bowl ban, scholarship reductions, fines, visit penalties, etc. One tutor. No money involved. Missouri appealed and lost.

If you think our violations are less serious to the NCAA than Missouri's were....... why?
It is the Missouri example that should worry everyone. That and the general inconsistency of NCAA rulings. Do we get a logical jurist or the “hanging judge”?

That would be possible if the violations were only Level 2. That doesn’t fly when Level 1 violations happen

We cleaned house, the NCAA will hammer the coaches and staffers involved. By the time the NCAA gets around to ruling on it we'll be a class or 2 removed so they're not going to hammer the innocent. You guys forget that NCAA is a toothless entity now.

Reactions: alvinkamara
We cleaned house, the NCAA will hammer the coaches and staffers involved. By the time the NCAA gets around to ruling on it we'll be a class or 2 removed so they're not going to hammer the innocent. You guys forget that NCAA is a toothless entity now.
Ridiculous. The Missouri tutor left in 2016, Missouri got sanctioned in 2019.

Again, it was purely academic help, no paying players, and was self reported. They still got a bowl ban, etc in 2019 for relatively minor infractions that occurred in 2015-2016.

That doesn't seem toothless nor did they spare the innocent.

Ridiculous. The Missouri tutor left in 2016, Missouri got sanctioned in 2019.

Again, it was purely academic help, no paying players, and was self reported. They still got a bowl ban, etc in 2019 for relatively minor infractions that occurred in 2015-2016.

That doesn't seem toothless nor did they spare the innocent.

How much did Missouri self-impose between 2016 and 2019 in response? Self-reporting is one thing, self-sanctioning is another. Did they remove themselves from bowl consideration? Did they impose any scholarship reductions or recruiting restrictions? If they gave the NCAA nothing of that sort to take into consideration, I can see why the NCAA sanctioned them.

Last edited:
How much did Missouri self-impose between 2016 and 2019 in response? Self-reporting is one thing, self-sanctioning is another. Did they remove themselves from bowl consideration? Did they impose any scholarship reductions or recruiting restrictions? If they gave the NCAA nothing of that sort to take into consideration, I can see why the NCAA sanctioned them.

Mizzu also didn't fire or discipline anyone within the football program, they tried to claim no one knew.

Reactions: Brave Volunteer
Mizzu also didn't fire or discipline anyone within the football program, they tried to claim no one knew.
Good point. We cleaned house. We didn't fail to report and react but the NCAA would probably come back and say "yeah but you failed to monitor while they were here." That's why I say self-imposed sanctions while we are waiting to hear from the NCAA is important and something we need to do to some degree. We already removed ourselves from bowl consideration this past season and probably should this season as well. That would already be a 2 year bowl ban enforced by the time the NCAA gets around to reviewing this.

Good point. We cleaned house. We didn't fail to report and react but the NCAA would probably come back and say "yeah but you failed to monitor while they were here." That's why I say self-imposed sanctions while we are waiting to hear from the NCAA is important and something we need to do to some degree. We already removed ourselves from bowl consideration this past season and probably should this season as well. That would already be a 2 year bowl ban enforced by the time the NCAA gets around to reviewing this.

I think removing ourselves from bowl consideration for the next couple seasons will take care of itself.

The NCAA praised their response and how open they were and still hit them pretty hard, again just for academic issues...... not paying players. No one knows the extent of our violations but if the recruiting office was (as mentioned a little above) arranging hotels for inappropriate visits, paying players and 7v7 coaches, etc........ there's no way this is going to be an easy situation.

Nobody knows whether to cooperate with the NCAA

Reactions: Border Vol
Negative. The NCAA agreed that the tutor was a rogue actor and that it wasn't a systemic issue nor was the university itself involved. The NCAA AGREED no one in the program knew.

They still got hit. I'll link again. Read it.

Nobody knows whether to cooperate with the NCAA

About NCAA punishment.Part of any sanctions is usually loss of scholarships.We have lost quite a few upperclassmen due to Pruitt's firing.Should the loss of these players not be taken into consideration on sanctions.Gray-Morris-etc.

About NCAA punishment.Part of any sanctions is usually loss of scholarships.We have lost quite a few upperclassmen due to Pruitt's firing.Should the loss of these players not be taken into consideration on sanctions.Gray-Morris-etc.

Your question comes down to the question of will the NCAA try to make an example out of UT.

A lot of the "paying" happens from 1:1 contact w/Boosters. Have a great game? Here is a few hundred+ in a handshake. There may be bigger schemes up front through gophers or intermediaries but most of this happens with really tough traceability back to any program or person in the program. It is all about the program proving it had no idea and happened outside of their control. You can't get sanctioned without evidence and why would anyone shoot the golden goose?

You just can't be so stupid as to hand money out in bags or hand players your credit cards..... the stupidity, arrogance and utter recklessness (if the rumors are true) is so far beyond belief we are better off now than if someone tried to cover it up and gave the NCAA real ammo.....

Should it be taken into consideration will likely be an irrelevant question in the eyes of the NCAA. Their rulings tend to ignore unfair impact on any institution other than a select few that they are actually afraid of (Bama, tOSU, etc.).

In regards to LSU, the NCAA might be waiting on the FBI because the FBI has true subpoena power. The NCAA won’t have to spend much money on an investigation or risk missing things they can’t uncover. They’ll just let the FBI do all that. Then, when penalties are based on the FBI report, LSU doesn’t have any wiggle room.

VN Store

Back