NCAA Sanctions............

Did you really think about what you just said? Imagine you own a store and your competitor figures out how to pocket what he collects for sales taxes. Is it OK for him to continue to get away with it even if the government is "too corrupt to decide who is a tax cheat"?

Good grief. If folks are confused about what's happening in our society and government... your take on this situation provides the answer.

So why not let them deal drugs or rob houses and look the other way? If integrity and "rule of law" and fair competition really mean nothing... why limit it to $100 handshakes or McDonald's bags?

Really? You should remember that if a "poor" person ever mugs you or breaks into your house, robs you, and violates you daughter. It would be silly for them not to... right? Their actions should be rationalized, justified, and dismissed without consequence, right?

These kids need NOTHING more than a structure that teaches them that rules are just and protect everyone... and apply to everyone.

You're exactly right. Sociey today thinks everything is okay and nothing is illegal unless you get caught.

Maybe someone has already posted this. If so, please merge.
What penalties have been levied against us, if any? Or, what are the possibilities? I haven't heard anything. Thanks.
No one knows, everyone has an opinion, and you know what those are worth. It may takes years before the NCAA gets around to doing whatever they're going to do. If you look at similar cases nothing happened for a while. Anyone who tells you they know what's coming is lying. They're just WAGs.

Seems a little hard to reconcile this story with the fact that the Police hauled Banks to jail for having unpaid parking tickets.

I would note that was UTPD and not KPD.

Also, what individual officers do is not necessarily always compliant with Department policy.

I would note that was UTPD and not KPD.

Also, what individual officers do is not necessarily always compliant with Department policy.
I understand your point. But, I was responding to another poster who seemed to be suggesting that football players got perks including cars and including preferential treatment from the local police. To me, it seems that there is at least some evidence that preferential treatment from the police is not usually the case in Knoxville. Or as Pruitt put it in his police phone call "this wouldn't never have happened anywhere else I been".

Overall, I am just skeptical of many of the things that are reported as typical player benefits (especially McD bags of cash). It will be interesting to see the UT self-report (I assume it will be public), which should shed some light on how egregious some of the activities are. My guess is that violations are not nearly as crazy as the speculation on here - but I could be wrong.

I understand your point. But, I was responding to another poster who seemed to be suggesting that football players got perks including cars and including preferential treatment from the local police. To me, it seems that there is at least some evidence that preferential treatment from the police is not usually the case in Knoxville. Or as Pruitt put it in his police phone call "this wouldn't never have happened anywhere else I been".

Overall, I am just skeptical of many of the things that are reported as typical player benefits (especially McD bags of cash). It will be interesting to see the UT self-report (I assume it will be public), which should shed some light on how egregious some of the activities are. My guess is that violations are not nearly as crazy as the speculation on here - but I could be wrong.
The investigation report?? The NCAa sanction report? I’ll be like this guy when it comes out in a 100 years from now😂😂1613962749193.gif

Prepare yourselves, stop thinking this is going to be minor, we are going to get absolutely hammered. This is one of the most insanely stupid and documented recruiting issues ever caught.

We have literally been caught with our pants down and our hand in the cookie jar. This is much worse than most of you know.

Wait till it all comes out, we are going to be absolutely hammered for this

I would guess a hefty fine, multi year bowl ban, scholarship losses over multiple years, recruiting restrictions, and I’m sure show causes for several of our ex-coaches and recruiting staff may never work in athletics again.

Wrong! It will be minor compared to what it would have bedn 10 yrs ago. The NCAA has clearly said they want to make Coach's and Player's involved held more responsible than the schools. You have zero proof or knowledge of what the NCAA knows, just like nobody else does. But no, we will not get hammered.

No one knows, everyone has an opinion, and you know what those are worth. It may takes years before the NCAA gets around to doing whatever they're going to do. If you look at similar cases nothing happened for a while. Anyone who tells you they know what's coming is lying. They're just WAGs.
I don’t understand how NCAA can come in years later with a punishment. If it takes 3-4 years, none of the players and in our case coaches will be with the program. Not sure how stripping bowl appearances from a team that had nothing to do with the payments helps anyone. If it takes that long, then go after the coaches and only hit the university with a financial fine.

If LSU basketball can get off with almost no penalties vs what was done, then we should be fine. Then again you just never know what the NCAA will do and that is the problem. One school gets slammed, one school gets their wrist slapped.
A rational person would think Tn cleaning house and throwing out all the trash would help in mitigating punishment. However, when we talk NCAA I hesitate to use rational in any sentence with NCAA.

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol
I'm guessing 3 year bowl ban and 3 year scholarship reduction
Well, we’ve been on a ban for 20 years, I don’t think 3 more is going to hurt, but why would the ncaa do that? It isn’t like we going anywhere for a while, we’ve got to rebuild a while.

Well, we’ve been on a ban for 20 years, I don’t think 3 more is going to hurt, but why would the ncaa do that? It isn’t like we going anywhere for a while, we’ve got to rebuild a while.
The NCAA may want to make an example of a non blue blood football program.

Maybe someone has already posted this. If so, please merge.
What penalties have been levied against us, if any? Or, what are the possibilities? I haven't heard anything. Thanks.
That’s because nothing has been said. And when there is there will be a huge thread detailing those things. I guess you think that we knew and we’re just keeping this from you? Having a bunch of no nothings speculating is great!

I say Fulmer gets a public wedgie and Pruitt has to run stairs in Neyland.

Reactions: kcvols1
That's the problem just having the dark cloud over the program. Most ppl will assume the worst. Which makes it hard to recruit and move forward. I'd rather get the penalties and start dealing with them and get them out of the way. Although LSU BB Wade has far worse on tape FBI and all but they just let it roll like water off a ducks back, They are still in the BB race with all those bought players that Wade talked about the big A$$ payment. Only seems like UT ever gets punished Pearl 5 year show cause, Donnie Tyndall lifetime show cause. Will Wade gets a raise up for SEC coach of yearo_Oo_O
If the NCAA moves swiftly on this, it will be the first time they ever did. That is part of the problem, maybe the biggest, is the waiting game and it hurting recruiting by hanging over the program. For reference, from the day it was started to the case being closed, NCAA took over SIX years on Ole Miss. Granted, OM appealed adding 2-3 years. NCAA will do their own case investigation. It’s time for the P5 to tell the NCAA to kick rocks.

For all of you who think that Bama cheats just because Pruitt did, you need to remember that Saban isn’t Pruitts “mentor”. Rush Probst is.

Reactions: Border Vol

VN Store

Back