NCAA pushing decision out on 1 free transfer - update

The current top programs will get even greater talent than they already have....The coaches will have their minions doing a lot of recruiting of programs with good players.......

You think UConn, or South Carolina, and a few others, are loaded now, forget about it if they can add even more talent later...At least for one year, they will be bursting at the seams with more 5 star talent....They will get most of the cream.

This would about wipe a lot of schools out of even being competitive, and that probably includes us...We're trying to be competitive again, but it has been a struggle.
I see where you are coming from, but too much 5 🌟 talent at one school someone will bench warm, get disgusted and transfer again. Maybe??? A 5 🌟 might look around where she could get playing time.

All the doom and gloom about so many more transfers will happen with the best players, but 8 of the top 20 from 2018 have transferred and 10 of 20 from 2017 have transferred. It's already happened.

All the doom and gloom about so many more transfers will happen with the best players, but 8 of the top 20 from 2018 have transferred and 10 of 20 from 2017 have transferred. It's already happened.

I think it is a trend that will only snowball f the transfer rule gets modified
Shades of things to come
What was done in moderation will become done in excess

I think it is a trend that will only snowball f the transfer rule gets modified
Shades of things to come. What was done in moderation will become done in excess

I don't know how much more it could get. 15 out of 20? Doubtful. It's not in moderation now.

All I know is,,,it's gonna be ugly if it happens
I don't think it will. An increase? yes, but you won't find willy nilly transfering.

It will all be for the same reasons, unhappy where they are, looking to move closer to home, playing time...etc. Nothing new here.

I don't think it will. An increase? yes, but you won't find willy nilly transfering.

It will all be for the same reasons, unhappy where they are, looking to move closer to home, playing time...etc. Nothing new here.
You don't think there will be transferring to play on a better team? With a better chance of playing for championships? I think that's the part that's going to be most harmful, where the best players all pool at the top.

Is that necessarily a bad thing? You get one career, and you're offered the chance to play on a great, elite team. You turn that down? Just asking.

You don't think there will be transferring to play on a better team? With a better chance of playing for championships? I think that's the part that's going to be most harmful, where the best players all pool at the top.

Is that necessarily a bad thing? You get one career, and you're offered the chance to play on a great, elite team. You turn that down? Just asking.
I think there will be some players where that is good enough, but as many others that will want to be an impact player. I think UConn had some shallow benches during at least a couple of the seasons during their last run, and they've had lots of transfers even though they are a perennial top 5 team. Plus you have players like Shakira Austin who is going from a top 5 team to a bottom feeder like Ole Miss, so who knows what's going on in the players' minds.

I think if it does happen, it will be rising seniors...but only those who don't need to raise their WNBA draft stock. Probably the ones that are very good college players, but that is their ceiling.

I think there will be some players where that is good enough, but as many others that will want to be an impact player. I think UConn had some shallow benches during at least a couple of the seasons during their last run, and they've had lots of transfers even though they are a perennial top 5 team. Plus you have players like Shakira Austin who is going from a top 5 team to a bottom feeder like Ole Miss, so who knows what's going on in the players' minds.

I think if it does happen, it will be rising seniors...but only those who don't need to raise their WNBA draft stock. Probably the ones that are very good college players, but that is their ceiling.
I hope ya'll are right. I still suspect if/when the no sit rule passes we'll start seeing some elite coaches and programs forming superteams. I don't think leaving to go to those teams would only be Srs, I think players like Howard, etc would get gobbled up by their sophomore or jr years, whenever they are proven superstars. I believe it will be a big temptation of the best coaches and players.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
I hope ya'll are right. I still suspect if/when the no sit rule passes we'll start seeing some elite coaches and programs forming superteams. I don't think leaving to go to those teams would only be Srs, I think players like Howard, etc would get gobbled up by their sophomore or jr years, whenever they are proven superstars. I believe it will be a big temptation of the best coaches and players.

Howard is different because she would start anywhere in the country, no matter what school. Superteams will happen, yes...but only if there is a starting spot or two that is open. The elite players won't go from starting to coming off the bench behind someone better than them at their position, IMO. It's like whether a top tier true Center would transfer to South Carolina where she'd have to compete against Aliyah Boston to start. In my opinion, they wouldn't...not even for a NC, because they know they could start for most other top 15-20 teams.

Its going to be MLB at playoff time...next it'll be end of the season ,, no wait, immediate play transfers
This opens the door to chaos

It’s just my opinion but no, I don’t think there will be an increase in players transferring to have a better chance at a championship.

And the Yankees, although they have a good team almost every year, have 1 World Series ring in the last 20 years.

Reading this made me ponder this philosophical question:

As a fan, if I were forced to choose, would I rather be a fan of a program that I knew would reach the Final Four every year for 20 years but will win only 1 national championship in that span, or would I rather be a fan of a program that reached the Elite 8 six times in 20 years and won the national championship twice?

Last edited:
I agree with the sentiment of the letter, but it bugs me coming from someone who has complete free agency and would jump ship in a heartbeat for more money.

I get coaches are adult employees unlike kids on scholie, but it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
I’m with you...I’m torn.

As a fan, if I were forced to choose, would I rather be a fan of a program that I knew would reach the Final Four every year for 20 years but will win only 1 national championship in that span, or would I rather be a fan of a program that reached the Elite 8 six times in 20 years and won the national championship twice?

Simply speaking we KNOW who the Yankees are and have to guess who the other teams are,
Players KNOW the Yankees will be in the hunt, maybe they're NOT winning it all, but they are always in it,

Another argument,
the connies haven't won since 2016, yet the are still getting the top recruits

The fact that its already happening more and more with the sit out penalty in place argues for it happening even more without the penalty doesn't it? You guys' experience with kids sports must have been different from mine. Both coaches and players start trying to stack at the top from t-ball on. Everybody likes to win.

It is a legit point that some top players could be held back by wanting to be the big fish in the smaller pond and not having to share playing time. But I bet that would be the exception.

Well it depends. How far out is team 2 from those nattys, and what direction is program currently headed in? Those rides into the ditch after glory days are rough. At least team 1 is consistently among the elite, and while it would be frustrating to get close so often and only win once, it would be a much more fun ride.

Reactions: Coach Jumper

VN Store

Back