NCAA Football is coming back!

At this point I would take a carbon copy of 14. I just wanna plaaaaaaaayyyy

At this point I would take a carbon copy of 14. I just wanna plaaaaaaaayyyy
If the new game is gonna take a couple years, the least they could do would be make '14 backwards compatible and sell it digitally on current-gen systems.

playing CFB Revamped on my PC (with help from RPCS3) and enjoying it. True to form, even though Guarantano is better rated, his in game performance is always worse than when I use the other QBs.
I heard the new game would not allow for edited rosters and will be locked down to prevent modding, which kind of turns me off to it.

Do any of you guys know how I can take offline rosters that I downloaded onto a USB drive and get them put onto my PS3? I have no idea why I’m having issues w/ it, but I am. It’s not being recognized in the saved data.

I can’t get online because i did the PS 3 hack w/ multi man and HEN, i need to do a software update but I’m afraid it will mess up the system if i download.

playing CFB Revamped on my PC (with help from RPCS3) and enjoying it. True to form, even though Guarantano is better rated, his in game performance is always worse than when I use the other QBs.
I heard the new game would not allow for edited rosters and will be locked down to prevent modding, which kind of turns me off to it.
Where did you hear that?

Truth be told, I don't expect a new game to be ready for release before the NIL thing is figured out. Good news is that means we're closer than we've ever been in regards to a NIL resolution. I actually believe the fact that we're very close to NIL being addressed officially, is the reason EA decided to let us know they'll be working on a new game. These two things should coincide with each other, allowing athletes to benefit in some way for their NIL's to be used, and the consumer base to enjoy an updated CFB game on next gen consoles.

EA is terrible at making football games. NCAA 14 was only good, because it was made during the time EA was trying to put physics in the game due to a response to Backbreaker. Madden is more scripted and has less physics based gameplay than it ever has in 2021. The dynasty of the new game better be deep because the game play will be boring, repetitive, and everyone will run the same 5 plays. I’m getting a new console and I’m still not planning on buying this. The day EA makes a game with better gameplay than APF 2k8 will be the day I finally give them money again.

:rolleyes:

Notre Dame will not participate in college football video game until new NIL rules are established

Notre Dame believes that college athletes should be able to benefit from the use of their likenesses in the video game.
Thing is, so far it seems like it won’t be there likeness. Even limiting the community’s ability to edit players and rosters for teams when it comes out. Of course that’s what they are saying for now, if stuff with the NIL gets worked out maybe that will change.

Thing is, so far it seems like it won’t be there likeness. Even limiting the community’s ability to edit players and rosters for teams when it comes out. Of course that’s what they are saying for now, if stuff with the NIL gets worked out maybe that will change.
I miss the days when just being in a video game was cool enough for the players to be happy.

Well you think about what each player could demand for their likeness.. maybe the huge stars get okay paydays but every other player gets what? $10 which they will then spend that and 60 more to purchase the game with them in it?

Well you think about what each player could demand for their likeness.. maybe the huge stars get okay paydays but every other player gets what? $10 which they will then spend that and 60 more to purchase the game with them in it?
I think EA stays away from player names and likeness even if players can get paid for name and likeness.

Who does the EA negotiate with or get approval for compensation? Each individual player? They have no agents (currently). They have no players union negotiating on their behalf.

Last edited:
Honestly, may favorite part of the game was always getting 7, 8, 20 years deep in a dynasty. By that point its all random generated players anyways. I really don't care if the base roster is real players or not.

Honestly, may favorite part of the game was always getting 7, 8, 20 years deep in a dynasty. By that point its all random generated players anyways. I really don't care if the base roster is real players or not.
Same, dynasty was by far the best part. They could get really in depth with it now with hiring multiple coaches, recruiting, transfer portals. I won’t hold my breath that they will though. Although it would be nice to at least customize the roster, but looks like we won’t be able to do that either.

I agree, but I like to have the current rosters for a starting point with a dynasty and to see where the coaching carousel goes. I also like to play exhibition games to see our current Vols team play in Columbus or against other tough teams.

Reactions: Creeker and tbwhhs
I think EA stays away from player names and likeness even if players can get paid for name and likeness.

Who does the EA negotiate with or get approval for compensation? Each individual player? They have no agents (currently). They have no players union negotiating on their behalf.

Yeah I don't get why player likeness is even an issue with this game. Just release it with " 6'0 200lbs generic white guy" and " 6'0 200lbs generic black guy" rosters and let the players customize them from there. We already do that anyway. I don't need the game to ship with completely accurate rosters with 1:1 player names and attributes. I'm baffled why player compensation over likeness is even on the table here when it's so easily avoidable.

Yeah I don't get why player likeness is even an issue with this game. Just release it with " 6'0 200lbs generic white guy" and " 6'0 200lbs generic black guy" rosters and let the players customize them from there. We already do that anyway. I don't need the game to ship with completely accurate rosters with 1:1 player names and attributes. I'm baffled why player compensation over likeness is even on the table here when it's so easily avoidable.
This would be ideal and you would think would let them focus more of their time on gameplay as well. Although, it’s been said that allowing customizable rosters might open up potential legal issues and one of the reasons for the agreement to bring back the game was that players wouldn’t be able to custom the roster and make the players the likeness of the athletes. Don’t really understand how something one of us were to create ourselves for personal use would be open to legal action, but it seems like it may of been part of the agreement.

This would be ideal and you would think would let them focus more of their time on gameplay as well. Although, it’s been said that allowing customizable rosters might open up potential legal issues and one of the reasons for the agreement to bring back the game was that players wouldn’t be able to custom the roster and make the players the likeness of the athletes. Don’t really understand how something one of us were to create ourselves for personal use would be open to legal action, but it seems like it may of been part of the agreement.

As long as no one is profiting from it, I don't see what anyone could do about it. It would be one thing if custom rosters were being sold but they aren't.

As long as no one is profiting from it, I don't see what anyone could do about it. It would be one thing if custom rosters were being sold but they aren't.
I agree completely, but I feel like I read somewhere that part of the agreement between the organization that holds most of the licenses and EA was that you couldn’t customize players to look like the college athletes. If that is actually true, idk.

VN Store

Back