View attachment 521586GROUNDRULES:

* 85 max scholarships per team
*125 max players on the team
* NO LIMITS on NIL deals whatsoever
* No "salary caps" like the NFL
* NCAA afraid to regulate NIL

RESULT:

Unfettered ability to attract recruits.

Teams can have 85 players on scholly and another 40 with killer NIL deals.

Similarly, teams could, theoretically, have 125 players all earning $10M+ NIL deals. Why ever go pro?!?

NET RESULT:

Whichever football team fanbase coughs up the most donations for NIL (e.g. Tennessee via Spyre Sports Group, etc.) will pay the highest "salaries" to players and, likely, attract the most talented players and, likely, therefore win the NCAA Natty.

PARITY HAS BEEN ELIMINATED

Apply this to ANY NCCA sport. Rinse. Repeat.

... until states, colleges and/or conferences step in with new regulation/legislation.

NIL will probably turn into a problem since there seems to be no ground rules, but the real killer will be the organized gambling that has been embraced. Fixing games is so easy and will become common. How do I know? Because it's been going on forever in every sport. Anyone can throw a game and unlimited $$$ can get to anyone. It's only a matter of time.

View attachment 521586GROUNDRULES:

* 85 max scholarships per team
*125 max players on the team
* NO LIMITS on NIL deals whatsoever
* No "salary caps" like the NFL
* NCAA afraid to regulate NIL

RESULT:

Unfettered ability to attract recruits.

Teams can have 85 players on scholly and another 40 with killer NIL deals.

Similarly, teams could, theoretically, have 125 players all earning $10M+ NIL deals. Why ever go pro?!?

NET RESULT:

Whichever football team fanbase coughs up the most donations for NIL (e.g. Tennessee via Spyre Sports Group, etc.) will pay the highest "salaries" to players and, likely, attract the most talented players and, likely, therefore win the NCAA Natty.

Apply this to ANY NCCA sport. Rinse. Repeat.

... until states, colleges and/or conferences step in with new regulation/legislation.

That's not happening.

That's not happening.

Wrong.

Need proof? Look at Major League Baseball. It's the only major pro sport WITHOUT a salary cap.

How many World Series have teams with the highest payrolls won?

The team with the higher payroll has won the past four World Series, and 12 of the last 17.

This is precisely where we're going.

So why was Kellie Harper promoting it last night, wink-wink?
Because we have a storied women's basketball program who could easily see top athletes get great Nil Deals through private citizens? Lol I'm not sure what you're asking.

Wrong.

Need proof? Look at Major League Baseball. It's the only major pro sport WITHOUT a salary cap.

How many World Series have teams with the highest payrolls won?

The team with the higher payroll has won the past four World Series, and 12 of the last 17.

This is precisely where we're going.

I don't know if you realize but you and I agree. My contention was that you can't stop it. The supreme court has ruled 9-0 saying that you can't prevent a kid from making money on name image and likeness

If the NCAA puts any type of limit on NIL money--they will be sued by players and schools, for big money--and lose again in court.

Reactions: CNCVol88
Because we have a storied women's basketball program who could easily see top athletes get great Nil Deals through private citizens? Lol I'm not sure what you're asking.

post #55 for example - presumably there isn't supposed to be coordination between the school and the NIL collectives but I am thinking there is bound to be a lot of wink-wink coordination. Perhaps I was reading too much into Kellie's comments but I don't think so.

I think the new playoff structure is going to balance out some opportunities for smaller to Mid size schools to get opportunities for exposure and therefore more money.

Also, while money will attract recruits, it will be lopsided towards projected starters and those with exposure. Will these top recruiting schools be able to retain second tier recruits if they have to sit the bench? They could likely make money as a starter elsewhere.

Also, look at Texas who played Quinn Ewers at QB. They paid him alot of money so they were forced to put him on the field. Well, he was gawd awful.

My only gripe with the NIL is that it is not what was advertised. It was said to be for athletes that had their name, image, or likeness used by companies. The athlete could get paid from that. It was not sold as athletes getting contracts from companies to be their spokesperson. Unless I am missing something or it changed before it was put into practice and I missed it.

I think anyone with any sense realized it was so players could profit off their name, image, and likeness however they could. For instance, before, they could do a signing at a local car dealership but weren’t allowed to be paid for appearing or even charge for their signature. I guess the difference is now that car dealership can sign the player to a contract for X amount of appearances and to be in commercials or what have you.

Reactions: CNCVol88
post #55 for example - presumably there isn't supposed to be coordination between the school and the NIL collectives but I am thinking there is bound to be a lot of wink-wink coordination. Perhaps I was reading too much into Kellie's comments but I don't think so.

All of the coaches and Danny white have come out and said support the volunteer club. There probably is a lot of shady stuff happening like there always has been but the volunteer club, French's, Pal's, etc aren't constrained by Title IX.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
Will these top recruiting schools be able to retain second tier recruits if they have to sit the bench? They could likely make money as a starter elsewhere.

You would think that but last year only 54% of those that entered the portal went to another NCAA institution and of those that didn't only 4% withdrew according to the NCAA (I got this second hand through Josh Pate though). Lots of dudes who think they will but they won't right now.

Money is a finite resource. No team will have 125 players on 10mil+ deals.

Players being paid is nothing new. It's been happening forever. Ramone Foster said players were getting 6 figures when he played.

The top recruiting teams now are the same as they have been forever.

Nothing has changed except the amount of money players get.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
View attachment 521586

Exactly. That's why the Dodgers and the Yankees play in the World series every year.

MLB 2022 Payroll Tracker

You could always watch FCS. Friday night's IWU vs Sacramento St game was unreal. Plus teams like NDSU, SDSU, Montana St, and Holy Cross are entertaining. I'm just saying if you get fed up with FBS, you have options.

VN Store

Back