NCAA Final Four Minn, MN

Volfanatic_20

Making preliminary plans to try and go to the final four this year pending Tennessee making it. I see this as a once in a lifetime trip that will have to be made. Anyone have recommendations on best ways to find tickets (airline and game) along with hotel/VRBO?

Obviously super early and no guarantee but want to go ahead and start planning just in case.

Thanks and Go VOLS!!!

Reactions: crazyguy
Certainly is positive thinking. Many hoping you are very very successful with your plans.

when they make it past the elite 8 then you can make plans. TN is notorious for losing in the tournament with high quality teams.

Stub hub has nose bleed for $175. I’ve been searching as well. Might want to book your hotel and cancel it if needed. My research has said that last years average ticket price was over $500 ea so be ready to pay.
I’ll buy you a beer before the game. See you there.

when they make it past the elite 8 then you can make plans. TN is notorious for losing in the tournament with high quality teams.
There have been some disappointments... Loyola-Chicago hurt. Still, could be worse. It's not like we lost by 20 points to a 16 seed last year.

Last edited:
Was looking the other day myself. Hotels in downtown seemed scarce.

Could be my fault we were ousted last year in the 2nd round. I was looking at airline tickets and hotels in Atlanta for the sweet sixteen in advance.

But your tickets on the secondary market / street from people who are disappointed.

Making preliminary plans to try and go to the final four this year pending Tennessee making it. I see this as a once in a lifetime trip that will have to be made. Anyone have recommendations on best ways to find tickets (airline and game) along with hotel/VRBO?

Obviously super early and no guarantee but want to go ahead and start planning just in case.

Thanks and Go VOLS!!!
I lived in MN a few years ago. Snow should be gone by April. Plenty of hotels downtown area.... I lived in west part of Minneapolis so that where I will stay for Final Four. Also Mall of America is south of city & tourist place for kids.... Women in MN loved my southern accent ( milked accent much as possible ) ..... MN is major hub for Northwest Airlines...

Northwest is gone. Delta absorbed them in 2008. Most of their former hubs are shells of their former selves, such as Memphis.

Unless it jinxes us. I’ve seen many times my buckeye friend book trips to the natty pre season only to see osu come up just short. Lmao

I don't worry about jinxes anymore. TN has had them for decades. Bernard injured through the lucky shot urged on by an old as dirt nun. The Ohio State guy swatting away a winning basket. Inbounding to Stokes. Bruce gets the program to Ray Mears era levels and gets his ass fired. TN wins the 1st SEC tournament in it's 2nd incarnation and goes 40 years without a second. TN has the greatest shooter in it's history and can't even make the NCAAT in his 4 years. Devoe opens up the SEC season around 1982 at 9-0 and limps to 13-5 and just a share of the title. If we're gonna get screwed, we're gonna get screwed.

I already booked a flight from Dallas to Minneapolis. Next step is to confirm I can use vacation time then. Neither of those things are a jinx - if you wait too long to book a flight, the price will be through the roof. It also doesn't seem practical to wait until the week of to ask off of work.

A jinx, IMO, is booking something that's non-refundable. If we don't make it, I can apply the flight funds to a different trip.

I have a relative that lives in Minneapolis. That’s a bonus. But I’m not letting myself think this far ahead. Just going to enjoy the ride

I have a relative that lives in Minneapolis. That’s a bonus. But I’m not letting myself think this far ahead. Just going to enjoy the ride

Last year was lined up perfectly for me. I live in Dallas, and we were staring at Dallas-ATL-San Antonio. I walked from home to the first two rounds. The only trip of any real distance would have been ATL.

Reactions: gordonr24

Thanks and Go VOLS!!!
Well, the final four would be a great event whether UT makes it or not. It is so difficult to make the Semifinals.

If we made it to the championship it'd be really hard to miss it. Do you think two people could get tickets, plus a hotel for under $1000? I'd make the drive and not fly.

I think there is a really good chance that we play in Louisville for the Sweet 16/Elite 8 if we make it that far. I'll for sure make that 45 min drive.

If we made it to the championship it'd be really hard to miss it. Do you think two people could get tickets, plus a hotel for under $1000? I'd make the drive and not fly.

I think there is a really good chance that we play in Louisville for the Sweet 16/Elite 8 if we make it that far. I'll for sure make that 45 min drive.
Under 1000 I'm sure

VN Store

Back