NCAA Division I Football Championship: Montana State Bobcats vs North Dakota State Bison (ESPN2 Noon)

I guess it all circles back to your original point, big fish, small pond, or big pond, small fish. Is winning FCS championships or the Birmingham Bowl more important?
If they truly care about winning then I think they should stay in the FCS until that division can longer sustain itself, which may come sooner than later with the way college football seems to be heading. I would rather be known as the greatest undisputed FCS program of all time than some middling Power 5 team that may occasionally win 8 or 9 games once a decade. That’s just me.

If they truly care about winning then I think they should stay in the FCS until that division can longer sustain itself, which may come sooner than later with the way college football seems to be heading. I would rather be known as the greatest undisputed FCS program of all time than some middling Power 5 team that may occasionally win 8 or 9 games once a decade. That’s just me.

I think I would agree with you.

They would obviously need to recruit better players to stay constantly middle of the road. I don’t know how many 18 year olds are itching to move to Bismarck, North Dakota and if I had to guess, there’s not enough in state talent in North Dakota for them to rely on that. Just a guess though.
I looked at both rosters before the game, Montana St was mostly players from Montana, NDSU had players from all over the country including many from Florida.

Would you rather be the tallest midget or the guy who is 1/8 inch taller than the cutoff?

Does NDSU even compete in enough sports to really qualify for a G5 conference? I believe they play basketball and obviously football, but beyond that ?? I doubt they have much of a swimming team.

Edit-I looked it up. FB, BB, wrestling, hockey, and tennis.

Reactions: MAD
Would you rather be the tallest midget or the guy who is 1/8 inch taller than the cutoff?

Does NDSU even compete in enough sports to really qualify for a G5 conference? I believe they play basketball and obviously football, but beyond that ?? I doubt they have much of a swimming team.

Being the tallest midget sounds better imo.

Speaking as a student during the Butch era, winning FCS championships sounds like a lot more fun than getting shutdown by UGA at home

VN Store

Back