NCAA coronavirus advisory panel details how fan-free college football games are likely

FWIW, the Travis County, Texas (Austin) health authority has indicated that no gatherings of more than 2,500 people are likely to be allowed for the remainder of 2020. This includes University of Texas home football games. What this would portend for other locations is anyone's guess. Travis County is a politically very liberal, but I suspect even the much more conservative state government will prohibit large gatherings. I guess we'll see.
Why would 2400 be safe, while 2500 is deadly?

FWIW, the Travis County, Texas (Austin) health authority has indicated that no gatherings of more than 2,500 people are likely to be allowed for the remainder of 2020. This includes University of Texas home football games. What this would portend for other locations is anyone's guess. Travis County is a politically very liberal, but I suspect even the much more conservative state government will prohibit large gatherings. I guess we'll see.
I truly believe by September, these mandates that seem so rigid now will be loosened.

Governors are not unelected bureaucrats and they are listening to advice from doctors which is what normal human beings do in a normally functioning universe and those decisions will be made at the university level
Read what I posted. It was "often unelected bureaucrats".

Here's 600 doctors advising the lifting of restrictions based on health reasons. They're doctors so you must respect their opinion, right?

"Mass casualty incident": 600 doctors sign letter to Trump calling for end to lockdowns over health concerns

Shutting the economy down isn't a benign decision with no consequences. The hospitals that are unable to offer routine surgery and other services are losing millions. When their financial situation gets so bad that they're forced to close, will that improve people's health?

The people losing their jobs, savings, homes, marriages because of the shutdowns, will that stress affect their health? The ones who turn to alcohol and drugs and possibly ultimately suicide to cope, will that affect their health? There are studies showing a link to unemployment and increased mortality a year or two later.

Will you respect the 600 doctors and listen to them ?

Why would 2400 be safe, while 2500 is deadly?
Excellent question. All these metrics seem completely arbitrary. Also, I question whether Travis County can regulate what the University of Texas can do. Nonetheless, the declaration is a statement of some kind of public attitude towards sports gatherings.

Excellent question. All these metrics seem completely arbitrary. Also, I question whether Travis County can regulate what the University of Texas can do. Nonetheless, the declaration is a statement of some kind of public attitude towards sports gatherings.
Make no mistake, there are a certain group/type of people that despises competition. This is a perfect excuse for them to eradicate that or hurt it as much as possible.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
There are some out there that want to keep all business and sports closed, luckily in America most aren't built like that. Americans are fed up, and when this is over I predict Americans will never comply to another all out shut down. We see the enemy is real, but Americans will not be denied. Never underestimate the American Spirit, one Nation Under God. That's where we put our faith, Americans will never relent! God Bless and GBO!!!!

There are some out there that want to keep all business and sports closed, luckily in America most aren't built like that. Americans are fed up, and when this is over I predict Americans will never comply to another all out shut down. We see the enemy is real, but Americans will not be denied. Never underestimate the American Spirit, one Nation Under God. That's where we put our faith, Americans will never relent! God Bless and GBO!!!!

Who is the enemy? Nursing home patients or the vast New World Order that conspired to take down such a transformative president? I will hang up and listen

The enemy is governors that say they are going by science but enforce rules that don't have the science behind them. When a bar can open for 50 but a church 10 in the same county there is something wrong. There are plenty of examples of people taking their authority to far but I am not going to sit here all day and list them to try to convince you. If you don't think there are enemies that would love to curtail our freedoms I am not going to try to convince you. It's a free country still, you can make up your own mind. GBO and God Bless the USA!!!!!

Guys look I get it...there's no shame in being terrified of virus where if you are under 50 you only have a 99.95% chance of survival and if you are 50-64 your survival rate plummets to 99.8%. By all means, wear your masks and hunker down at home! The rest of us will be enjoying life including watching our Vols run through the T

The CDC's New 'Best Estimate' Implies a COVID-19 Infection Fatality Rate Below 0.3%

The enemy is governors that say they are going by science but enforce rules that don't have the science behind them. When a bar can open for 50 but a church 10 in the same county there is something wrong. There are plenty of examples of people taking their authority to far but I am not going to sit here all day and list them to try to convince you. If you don't think there are enemies that would love to curtail our freedoms I am not going to try to convince you. It's a free country still, you can make up your own mind. GBO and God Bless the USA!!!!!

So, the governors are the enemy? Do you live in the state of New York? Just to be clear I have never supported closing anything, I just want to make sure I have the correct enemy

Guys look I get it...there's no shame in being terrified of virus where if you are under 50 you only have a 99.95% chance of survival and if you are 50-64 your survival rate plummets to 99.8%. By all means, wear your masks and hunker down at home! The rest of us will be enjoying life including watching our Vols run through the T

The CDC's New 'Best Estimate' Implies a COVID-19 Infection Fatality Rate Below 0.3%

Oh, you might be surprised how nice it will be for you sitting in front of the TV.

We are no more "One Nation Under God" than we are One Nation Under Buddha".

How many American atheists are there really?

That doesn't even count the agnostics.

VN Store

Back