NCAA coronavirus advisory panel details how fan-free college football games are likely

FWIW, the Travis County, Texas (Austin) health authority has indicated that no gatherings of more than 2,500 people are likely to be allowed for the remainder of 2020. This includes University of Texas home football games. What this would portend for other locations is anyone's guess. Travis County is a politically very liberal, but I suspect even the much more conservative state government will prohibit large gatherings. I guess we'll see.

Fulmer is overly cautious. Probably being "Advised" by some Lefty afraid of their Shadow. Boston Tea Party Material He Aint.
With Fulmer it has to do with a Football advantage, he doesn't care about health....except how healthy the team is

Here’s an idea, let everyone do whatever they want. If Texas doesn’t want fans, so be it...but whomever wants fans, so be it too. No government bailouts for those who lack $$ when they had the option to do as they please.

FWIW, the Travis County, Texas (Austin) health authority has indicated that no gatherings of more than 2,500 people are likely to be allowed for the remainder of 2020. This includes University of Texas home football games. What this would portend for other locations is anyone's guess. Travis County is a politically very liberal, but I suspect even the much more conservative state government will prohibit large gatherings. I guess we'll see.
Things are fluid in a positive direction, look at how much has changed in 2 months. Remember back in March 2 Million Americans were going to die because we locked down too late. CDC just said the virus doesn't spread on surfaces like it once thought. So, it's May lets see where things are in July

Things are fluid in a positive direction, look at how much has changed in 2 months. Remember back in March 2 Million Americans were going to die because we locked down too late. CDC just said the virus doesn't spread on surfaces like it once thought. So, it's May lets see where things are in July
I agree, but this is a very recent announcement. Again, FWIW.

Does the health authority have the power to make that decision? It seems the legal challenges to unelected bureacrats making these types of decisions are growing and they seem to be losing so far.

I was at a 7-11 this AM. Buying a cup of coffee and a week's worth of Skoal. Wearing my mask and minding my business. And a dude got in my face. Yelling that I was a lemming and buying the government bull and worthless piece of sh!t.

He was def mentally disturbed and prob homeless. I backed up and let him rant. But he kept coming. So I finally told him that I was going to get back in my $60K BMW and drive to my $1MM house and kiss my model hot wife and I doubted he had any of that in the rest of his day. And that if he actually had internet access, he would know that me wearing the mask is not protecting me. If was in case I was sick and was actually respect to him.

My point is that quarantine is getting to people.

Well you keep dipping that SKOAL and you won't have any of that either---eventually. I just saw a buddy get his tongue and Jaw removed from Dipping. I UNDERSTAND! I did it too; quit 12 years ago. You can't get away with it forever; and the consequences are devastating. Kirby Puckett, Jim Kelly would tell you that. Excuse me being too real.

Reactions: ScottyP5
Well you keep dipping that SKOAL and you won't have any of that either---eventually. I just saw a buddy get his tongue and Jaw removed from Dipping. I UNDERSTAND! I did it too; quit 12 years ago. You can't get away with it forever; and the consequences are devastating. Kirby Puckett, Jim Kelly would tell you that. Excuse me being too real.

You are correct, kind sir. Choices have consequences.

It was not pertinent to my original post but I actually switched to Zyn packets in February after 25 years of daily SKOAL. It is still a nicotine addiction. But it is not tobacco.

A court cannot tell a university how many fans can attend a football game

I certainly understand where you’re coming from in terms of a state permitting unfettered attendance and a school pumping the breaks, but I promise you that you’re about to see the inverse of your assertion at USC/UCLA/UW/Syracuse.

A court cannot tell a university how many fans can attend a football game
Uh, who said that?

All of these lockdowns are being instituted by the executive branch often unelected bureacrats. The courts are rolling those back and giving people their freedom back. If the university chooses to not allow fans, they certainly can but that's their choice not some health director or other type official

I totally agree. I’ve been a practicing physician for over 20 years. This combination can have some serious and potentially lethal side effects.
The other two things I’ve learned in the past 20 years are 1) Idiots do idiot things because they’re idiots. 2) never argue with the village idiot, he will just drag you down to his level and then beat you with experience.

I’ve had COVID-19. Fortunately, it was a mild case. My wife’s case was more severe and she’s still dealing with the sequelae. Both of us are under 50 with no serious comorbid conditions.
I would never recommend that combination of drugs based on the current research.

What are the side effects of this combination of drugs or where can i go to find this info?

What are the side effects of this combination of drugs or where can i go to find this info?
The fatal side effect is a ventricular arrhythmia. The researchers know that for the chloroquine to have an effect on a monkey kidney cell line (velo 6 cells) and the original SARS VIRUS, they had to use high doses of the chloroquine. The presumption is that high doses would work in vivo as opposed to in vitro in cell lines. A recent non peer reviewed Brazilian study was stopped due to a higher mortality due to fatal arrhythmia in the high dose chloroquine group. interestingly, there was no difference in viral clearance between the low and high dose group. I don’t think it helps in vivo and certainly can cause fatal heart issues.

The fatal side effect is a ventricular arrhythmia. The researchers know that for the chloroquine to have an effect on a monkey kidney cell line (velo 6 cells) and the original SARS VIRUS, they had to use high doses of the chloroquine. The presumption is that high doses would work in vivo as opposed to in vitro in cell lines. A recent non peer reviewed Brazilian study was stopped due to a higher mortality due to fatal arrhythmia in the high dose chloroquine group. interestingly, there was no difference in viral clearance between the low and high dose group. I don’t think it helps in vivo and certainly can cause fatal heart issues.
So trump gonna kick the bucket?

I've googled and cant find anything about the combo and arrhythnia issues. Where should i look?

Uh, who said that?

All of these lockdowns are being instituted by the executive branch often unelected bureacrats. The courts are rolling those back and giving people their freedom back. If the university chooses to not allow fans, they certainly can but that's their choice not some health director or other type official

Governors are not unelected bureaucrats and they are listening to advice from doctors which is what normal human beings do in a normally functioning universe and those decisions will be made at the university level

Reactions: ohhbother
Governors are not unelected bureaucrats and they are listening to advice from doctors which is what normal human beings do in a normally functioning universe and those decisions will be made at the university level

And a doctor's advice does allow for complete authoritarianism by said governors as the courts are busy slapping these wannabe despots down.

VN Store

Back