NCAA Addressing Fake Injuries

(a) They can; but they often throw a flag instead. That's just reality.

(b) There are good and valid reasons for all the hate Kiffin gets. From far more than just the Tennessee fan base. Dude's an immature ass, and proves it repeatedly. The flop-a-thon was just another example of it.
The flop-a-thon was a narcissist's desperation.

For the first time the NCAA is grappling with this issue, much I am sure, to to the interest of our fan base especially after Kiffin's ploys and dishonesty in the Ole Miss game.

Injury timeouts will be examined closely with an eye to determining the natur of that injury. Penalties will be the responsibility of the team's conference.

Things seem a bit unclear but this surely is a step on the right direction.

At least this crap, perpetuated by the likes of Kiffin, will be stopped.

No need for penalties, or refs examining players. Simply enact a rule that an injured player must sit out the rest of the series. they'll think twice about laying down, and if they are really hurt, they should rest a bit anyway.

I just do not agree with the going out for the series as some have suggested. This will lead to Cheap shots on valuable offensive players to remove them from the series possibly at crucial 4th period times. I think each team should be given 3 injury times per half, they have to use them or remove the player for the series. To not affect the speed offenses if a player does not get up and a ref stops game the timeout must be used or the player goes out for series. If they have used all their injury timeouts they may use a regular timeout. This way the advantage does not move to defense and the cheap QB/WR shots that ole piss will implement instead of the flop cannot be the new bad sportsmen play to stop offenses.

Should require a feat of strength in order to re-enter the game. To demonstrate they are healthy enough to return. Bear crawls to midfield, jumping jacks, etc

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
Some of you are stating " sit out the series"
What if the fake is on third down, sit out the fourth down?
So many players are situational players, running down, passing down etc.
This whole thing is a touchy subject. How about the conference call these jackwards out in their annual meetings.
Do you think Lane Kiffin would care about getting ā€œcalled outā€ if thereā€™s no punishment associated with it. Heā€™d snicker and head on down the road.

Do you think Lane Kiffin would care about getting ā€œcalled outā€ if thereā€™s no punishment associated with it. Heā€™d snicker and head on down the road.
I'm sure he would but that's part of the problem. No one speaks up, not the coaches or the press / media.
Call their ass out , maybe said university will get tired of these antics and handle it internally.
Oh it's still going to happen from time to time. Been part of the games for years but now we have little ***** that can get away with anything and no one speaks up.
Ya don't to offend someone šŸ™„

I'll be so glad when he's gone. Aside from his dominance, honestly, I'm just sick and tired of looking at him! I felt that way about Fulmer at the end. Besides the losses, I was just tired of seeing his fat ass on our sidelines watching him clap after failed play after failed play!
I coached elementary and middle school basketball and baseball and I caught myself doing that crap. And I saw him in my mind every, single, time. I was kicking myself bigtime.

Reactions: Brave Volunteer
No reason why anyone who flops is required to sit a minimum of 5 plays. This protects safety and is a deterrent. They have no sack!

Exactly, it's simple. If the player is unable to remove himself from the field of play, he needs a more thorough medical examination. Send him to the tunnel where there is a medical team who will administer a predetermined evaluation that takes a minimum of 5 minutes(or 10) if the player is capable of continuing play. If not, he is either removed from the game or sent for further testing. All this "In the interest of player safety". No need for penalties, refs judgment, anything. Very very simple.
=
Nothing about this is simple. So a player who is cramping needs a 5 to 10 minute medical exam in the tunnel? Who tracks the time requirements? A literal 10 minutes or 10 game clock minutes? What happens if a team violates these time minimums? Are those penalities the ref calls on the field? Here's what is simple: football is a game where coaches are going to mitigate against any advantage the other team has. Team A goes fast to gain an advantage by not allowing Team B to substitute or or get properly aligned, Team B will slow them down, however they can. That's simple.

Unfortunately, the number of teams who run an offense like ours are fewer than those who don't, we're outnumbered politically on the issue. The NCAA isn't going to accommodate one or two teams with the kind of remedies some of you propose at the expense of everyone else. We've got to adjust.

Reactions: CSVol
Nothing will happen. Player safety, even when the injury is faked, is a trump card. Those in charge can't risk being wrong. It's complicated.

Easy. If the injury disrupts the pace of play, that player must sit out through the end of that quarter, just to be ultra safe.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
=
Nothing about this is simple. So a player who is cramping needs a 5 to 10 minute medical exam in the tunnel? Who tracks the time requirements? A literal 10 minutes or 10 game clock minutes? What happens if a team violates these time minimums? Are those penalities the ref calls on the field? Here's what is simple: football is a game where coaches are going to mitigate against any advantage the other team has. Team A goes fast to gain an advantage by not allowing Team B to substitute or or get properly aligned, Team B will slow them down, however they can. That's simple.

People like you kill me. You overcomplicate everything in an attempt to find an excuse that your opinion is correct.

Yes, if a player is cramping so bad that the game needs to be stopped to remove him, then that player would be taken to the tunnel/medical review area where actual sports physicians could exam him, and in seeing that he has actual cramps, not mystery ones that disappear once you cross the big freaking white line on the side of the field, they will administer fluids and massage, etc. This physicians examination would the time determining factor. Checking pupillary responses, checking hearing, etc etc etc, now if a player is brought to this area with obvious signs of an injury, let's say a broken finger skewed at an inappropriate angle then I'm sure they would focus on this. Let's not pretend that these physicians don't already exist, nor that they don't already have some form of routine examinations they perform. Concussion protocol anyone? It's not a penalty that I'm saying needs to be done, just that any injury that requires a stoppage in play needs more than a freaking water bottle ran out to them, a shoulder to lightly lean on so you can then walk over the magical sideline healing zone, get some coaching and then return to field for the very next play.

The idea is simple. Make an examination standard that goes through a full body checkout, imagine the concept of a vehicle 20 point inspection(tire pressure, oil level, washer fluid, etc). This exam can be focused depending on what the player informs the staff, "It hurts here, see, my nose is broken". Barring a specific injury, this examination would take actual time, 5 to 15 minutes, during which the player is unavailable. All reports of cramping would require a stretching and massage regimen, and an increase of sports fluids before return to the field. If said player returns to the physicians again with cramps during the game again, he would need taken inside the locker room for blood/urine testing to see his potassium/calcium/magnesium and etc levels and be administered the necessary treatment. If he was actually injured, then they will find the problem and start treatment. This isn't a penalty system, it's not a time out. It's in the interest of player safety that any player who cannot physically exit the field of play efficiently is one who deserves to be looked at by trained medical staff and cleared to play again. Instead of coaches using this tactic as a free timeout, they would know that that player has to go through medical protocols and would be unable to return until he had passed those, which takes X amount of time. As it stands right now, there is no requirement that a possibly injured player is required to receive any form of medical examination/treatment, only that he can if he indicates that he is actually injured, with the exception of concussions. Concussion protocol examinations can be determined by sideline medical personnel, coaches and the booth overseer. I'm simply suggesting the addition of an injury protocol that is triggered by the need to stop the play clock to remove them from the field of play. A protocol that would take more then 2 seconds to ask, "You good".

And your idea that,"Team A does this and team B does this, it's simple." It doesn't hold water. Pro and College Football has enacted many rules over the decades in the interest of fair play. Horse collaring, jamming wide receivers, after the flag hits, spearing, unnecessary roughness, holding, tear away jerseys, stickum, etc. Some of these are for competition purposes, others for player safety, and some, just because.

As it is, I'm done with this subject and you. Thanks for joining the ignore list here, but you have fun.

Nothing will happen. Player safety, even when the injury is faked, is a trump card. Those in charge can't risk being wrong. It's complicated.
Some of those so called injuries were obvious fakes. Players just donā€™t fall out of the blue. I seen them first hand along with thousands of folks. Itā€™s total BS and will get worse if nothing is done, if not addressed it will only get worse. There were crying cramps, well if it takes another safety rule so be it. Anyone experiencing cramps well have to sit out a period of 5 playing minutes. Ole miss identified their injuries as cramps so in safety you will now have to be evaluated by the doctor and not experience another cramp for at least 5 minutes. Everybody knows what is going on is dirty. And there needs to be a rule from preventing it. Even though I have never in my life heard of cramps to that degree on a cool October night. It doesnā€™t happen to that degree and everybody knows it.

I just do not agree with the going out for the series as some have suggested. This will lead to Cheap shots on valuable offensive players to remove them from the series possibly at crucial 4th period times. I think each team should be given 3 injury times per half, they have to use them or remove the player for the series. To not affect the speed offenses if a player does not get up and a ref stops game the timeout must be used or the player goes out for series. If they have used all their injury timeouts they may use a regular timeout. This way the advantage does not move to defense and the cheap QB/WR shots that ole piss will implement instead of the flop cannot be the new bad sportsmen play to stop offenses.
Cheap shots get penalties, your thinking way to hard. Cannot let this level of faking to continue. Itā€™s absurd. But I have no problem with your proposal either. But once again the fans have a better grasp at a rule than the sec office which hasnā€™t done anything but confuse crap up more, once again burying their head in the sand. GBO!

Reactions: LAVol1 and 24/7vol
279071671_7264604826914968_6022725012796693872_n.jpg

Mandatory out for a quarter would most likely fix the issue (For "safety", of course). For those with legitimate injuries the mandatory quarter rest would be good precaution. For those who were attempting to game the rules, they wouldn't be able to return to play and thus flopping would be discouraged due to only having so many players who could miss a quarter. Problem solved.
Yea but that could comeback to bite us. Letā€™s say hooker gets the wind knocked outta him one play and is legitimately needing a second to catch his breathe.
That could Be a problem with our backup having to play the whole quarter

Reactions: OneVolNation
Yea but that could comeback to bite us. Letā€™s say hooker gets the wind knocked outta him one play and is legitimately needing a second to catch his breathe.
That could Be a problem with our backup having to play the whole quarter

Remember, we're not talking about someone sitting out a play or just making a substitution while a starter rests a play or two (or even a whole series). During those normal situations when the offense makes a substitution, the defense can make a substitution and the clock keeps running while the ref stands near the ball so the offense can't snap it until the defense is set.

We're talking about the full-fledged "injury timeout" where they lay on the field with what looks like legitimate debilitating injuries stopping the game clock.

Last edited:
Mandatory out for a quarter would most likely fix the issue (For "safety", of course). For those with legitimate injuries the mandatory quarter rest would be good precaution. For those who were attempting to game the rules, they wouldn't be able to return to play and thus flopping would be discouraged due to only having so many players who could miss a quarter. Problem solved.
You don't even have to do a Quarter. Just a series.
Or even till a 1st down or punt.
Anything more than 1 play. Then it becomes strategically disadvantageous. When the other team scores because your best CB/safety is out...or gets a 1st down because your run stopping DT wasn't in and they got a 6 yd run for a 1st down, that stuff would stop.

Upon injury, all remaining players are restricted to between hashes. No communication between Coaches and players. Coaches discovered communicating will be ejected, no exceptions. No substitution except for injured player. Trainers only allowed to tend to injured player, no coaches. Injured player must sit remaining possession. Failure to do so will result in player and Head Coach ejection.

=
You can slow the offense down by being off sides or holding receivers too but it's illegal and subject to being penalized.

VN Store

Back