NCAA: About the kids?

MemphisVol

Please play devil's advocate for me.

How is punishing kids who had nothing to do with violations of NCAA "law", e.g. the vast majority of the kids currently on the BAMA roster, an expression of the NCAA's stated primary purpose- the wellbeing of the student athelete?

I think the NCAA is a morally corrupt organization that is all about its power and control (picture an erect phallus). That's why they avoid punishing the actual adults involved, and concentrate instead on punishing the "team". If they went after the adults, lawyers might get involved. If they concentrate on the team, no matter how long after the fact, well, then, no player legal under NCAA rules has the money to hire a lawyer to challenge them, do they?

What I'm looking for is actual examples of the NCAA putting a kid ahead of its financial or political concerns. I want to be fair, but, at least as far as the last half of the 20th Century goes I haven't seen anything but gravid self-interest yet....

Originally posted by MemphisVol@Jun 4, 2004 3:19 AM
What I'm looking for is actual examples of the NCAA putting a kid ahead of its financial or political concerns.

:rlol:

Seriously, though...

You won't find any.

NCAA = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

As much as I dislike the NCAA, they did a good job taking care of the basketball players at Baylor after that horrendous scandal and murder.

Where is the spell checker on this thing :dunno:

Ken the Orange

You don't have to actually use a spell-checker when discussing the NCAA and student-athletes, they just like to perpetuate that impression.

Originally posted by KentheOrange@Jun 7, 2004 11:48 PM
As much as I dislike the NCAA, they did a good job taking care of the basketball players at Baylor after that horrendous scandal and murder.

Where is the spell checker on this thing :dunno:

Ken the Orange

HI KEN!!!

NOW, Freak!!! Do you believe he exists???

:moon2:

VN Store

Back