'22 NC WR Shaleak Knotts

The 6-foot-2, 185-pound Knotts said he recently has been talking with the Vols “two times a week, probably,” staying in contact primarily with Burns.

“It was really, pretty much him,” Knotts said of Burns. “But I’m starting to get to know everyone a little bit. … I mean, (Burns is) a cool guy, funny. I get along with him. I talk to him on the phone.”

Knotts, who holds offers from at least 20 schools, said Tennessee’s coaches have told him that he could play a major role in the uptempo offense they’re installing.

“What they were telling me, I really like it,” Knotts said. “They were telling me what type of team they are. They see me playing a big outside factor. They say I can really be something to their offense.”

He also knows at least one of the Vols’ current players. Tennessee freshman quarterback Sully McDermott, a preferred walk-on from Marvin Ridge High School in Waxhaw, N.C., who arrived in Knoxville in January, recently has been in contact with Knotts.

“My boy, Sully — they got the quarterback that committed there. He’s from here,” Knotts said. “He was at Marvin Ridge. We’ve been talking. I didn’t even know he was there until I asked him a couple weeks ago.

“I was asking him, ‘How is it?’ He said he likes it a lot.”

The opportunity to play in the SEC is one of the reasons Knotts is interested in taking a closer look at the Vols.

“That’s a tough conference, too,” he said.
-Callahan

Maxwell865

Vol 4 Lyfe
The 6-foot-2, 185-pound Knotts has never visited Tennessee, but he told GoVols247 in late March that he “for sure” was hoping to make a trip to Knoxville at some point to take a closer look at the Vols. He said at the time that he had been talking with Tennessee “two times a week, probably,” led by first-year wide receivers coach Kodi Burns. It doesn’t hurt that Knotts knows one of the Vols’ current players: freshman quarterback Sully McDermott, a preferred walk-on from Marvin Ridge High School in Waxhaw, N.C.
-Callahan

VN Store

Sponsors