‘23 NC WR Noah Rogers (NC State)

So two WR commits to OSU are "looking around".

This definitely makes me think Tate stuff is real and possible. Sounds like they got hoodwinked with OSU's NIL and aren't happy about it. And why shouldn't they be?

You can't start a business relationship if the original deal reveals them to be deceitfully taking advantage you. No real coming back from that.

Just my guess, but I hope it's true.

So two WR commits to OSU are "looking around".

This definitely makes me think Tate stuff is real and possible. Sounds like they got hoodwinked with OSU's NIL and aren't happy about it. And why shouldn't they be?

You can't start a business relationship if the original deal reveals them to be deceitfully taking advantage you. No real coming back from that.

Just my guess, but I hope it's true.
Sources told me they each got ahold of a copy of the Gundy article

Noah might be the best wr in the class. I don’t trust either of these but if true I’d put the full court press on both. Better wide receivers means more deep balls completed in the second half. Might need that against a few teams.

Why does it matter? Keep pursuing everyone you want….. worry about the ones you get.
No one's saying don't pursue. Our staff has to because we aren't in a position to tell high-4* and 5* players to kick rocks. It's more of a cautionary tale for fans who easily get their hopes up only to quickly blame the staff for not closing on these guys. In the age of NIL, it's hard to distinguish what is a real second chance and what is just a contract negotiation tactic.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
No one's saying don't pursue. Our staff has to because we aren't in a position to tell high-4* and 5* players to kick rocks. It's more of a cautionary tale for fans who easily get their hopes up only to quickly blame the staff for not closing on these guys. In the age of NIL, it's hard to distinguish what is a real second chance and what is just a contract negotiation tactic.
You are never going to be able to baby the mentally soft part of our fanbase enough to not have them overreact to every little thing that doesn’t go our one…. Look at some of the pre-commitment reactions of the 2 CBs… people assumed we were missing on both and freaking out.

Best case, we get Tate or this kid because they aren't happy with their deals... worse case Tate/them using us to get more NIL outa OHST means we helped drain some of their NIL funds and didn't lift a finger...
Ok.... people thinking that 17yo high school kids are just super business savvy (especially when their season and school just started) are crazy. If they are talking to other teams, it's not to squeeze Ohio St. out of more money. It means they haven't completely shut the door on their recruitment. If you haven't recruited these kids the right way, these big time spring/summer commits will waiver. Recruiting isn't done until the ink is dry.

Ok.... people thinking that 17yo high school kids are just super business savvy (especially when their season and school just started) are crazy. If they are talking to other teams, it's not to squeeze Ohio St. out of more money. It means they haven't completely shut the door on their recruitment. If you haven't recruited these kids the right way, these big time spring/summer commits will waiver. Recruiting isn't done until the ink is dry.
With the NIL and transfer portal its not even done when the ink is dry.

Way to misread that comment. He’s not claiming kids are business savvy. But he is correct that worse case scenario we help drain their NIL funds and he’s correct

Who cares if he's committed to Ohio State? He's not signed anything yet. Same for anyone committed to any other school. If the staff wants them, they should continue to pursue them. It's up to the kid whether they listen or not. I'm sure some of our commits are still being pursued by other schools. Until they sign their NLIs, or some other form of contract, they're fair game.

Way to misread that comment. He’s not claiming kids are business savvy. But he is correct that worse case scenario we help drain their NIL funds and he’s correct
I'm not misreading anything because my post has to do with multiple people saying he's using us to get more money from Ohio St. Leveraging communication with another school to potentially raise your monetary value is indeed business savvy and requires more than just staying in contact with another coaching staff

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
I think he’s more responding to the general line of thinking, expressed by several posters in this and the Carnell Tate thread over the past few days, that these kids are “pulling a Gundy” and using Tennessee to get more money.

Reactions: bigl3327

VN Store

Back