‘23 NC WR Noah Rogers (NC State)

I knew that once one elite WR signed, they follow--- that's why it was so important to try and snag Tate... if he had committed, you can guarantee we'd have 1-2 others following...
Something is beginning to be amiss at UT... We came on strong last year with an elite Offense and most returning, plus adding more talent, yet we can't kidnap an elite WR to come here... WHY????

I knew that once one elite WR signed, they follow--- that's why it was so important to try and snag Tate... if he had committed, you can guarantee we'd have 1-2 others following...
Something is beginning to be amiss at UT... We came on strong last year with an elite Offense and most returning, plus adding more talent, yet we can't kidnap an elite WR to come here... WHY????
This is actually usually opposite. Wide receivers usually don’t follow other big time wide receivers because they want the ball. One of those wide receivers will end up transferring

Are you serious? Why do you constantly post this ridiculous crap in every recruit thread…Tennessee is in on a few elite WR’s and one of the best Juco WR’s in the nation. How bout wait till august before you post this drivel

Are you serious? Why do you constantly post this ridiculous crap in every recruit thread…Tennessee is in on a few elite WR’s and one of the best Juco WR’s in the nation. How bout wait till august before you post this drivel
Apparently we need to shut down the program since we didn’t get one wide receiver recruit..ridiculous

Reactions: memtownvol

I mean dude, Tate chose OSU over UT. It’s not that complicated. They’ve won, a lot, while he’s been alive. They put a ton of dudes in the league. UT has not done those things.

If he had chosen say, South Carolina….or NC St, or Nebraska, then I’d be questioning things.

This is actually usually opposite. Wide receivers usually don’t follow other big time wide receivers because they want the ball. One of those wide receivers will end up transferring

Agree to disagree here, have you checked out Bama's receiving group over the past 3-4 seasons? Lot's of top notch talent playing together.

Reactions: volinbama256
They just had 2 receivers go in the first round, and a third that would have if he was draft eligible. That's the sell, that they can make them all 1st round picks. It's hard to counter that one.

I think it’s a tad early to scream the sky is falling. It’s only June…

Apparently we need to shut down the program since we didn’t get one wide receiver recruit..ridiculous

LOL, just stating the current situation, but it's not sunshine, so no one wants to hear it... Who has committed that is an Elite WR and who are we looking to close on, I'll hang up and listen? We are on some final lists, but we aren't currently trending that way... it is what it is... talk about spazzing with that statement... I am pointing out we aren't in a great place in the WR department right now.

LOL, just stating the current situation, but it's not sunshine, so no one wants to hear it... Who has committed that is an Elite WR and who are we looking to close on, I'll hang up and listen? We are on some final lists, but we aren't currently trending that way... it is what it is... talk about spazzing with that statement... I am pointing out we aren't in a great place in the WR department right now.
Benson and Seldon….can you stop posting now?

Reactions: VflPT22

HALF EMPTY REPLY

take a few laps and a several dozen up downs until you attitude improves

Damn. What the hell are they handing out in NIL to get these receivers, and which one will be the first to hit the portal?
They're not. I've read that teams like Alabama, OSU, Clemson, Georgia are not throwing NIL money at HS recruits instead telling them that the money will there when they prove themselves using the mega bucks that Bryce Young and CJ Stroud are pulling in and OSU and Alabama have the most NFL players which they're also using. Wasn't the massive Texas A&M money to recruits what Saban was complaining about?

The reason OSU is getting almost every WR they're going after is real simple - their WR coach Brian Hartline who is still in his mid 30s and has retained his NFL receiver skills. He even went head to head with this year's 1st rounders - Chris Olave and Garrett Wilson - and was every bit as good as them which blows the kids away.

Brandon Inniss backed this up yesterday when he said that Hartline was the reason he chose OSU and then said (about Hartline) - “He doesn’t only tell us how he developed his receivers, but he shows us,” Inniss said. “He shows us how.”

Reactions: VolNash17
They're not. I've read that teams like Alabama, OSU, Clemson, Georgia are not throwing NIL money at HS recruits instead telling them that the money will there when they prove themselves using the mega bucks that Bryce Young and CJ Stroud are pulling in.

The reason OSU is getting almost every WR they're going after is real simple - their WR coach Brian Hartline who is still in his mid 30s and has retained his NFL receiver skills. He even went head to head with this year's 1st rounders - Chris Olave and Garrett Wilson - and was every bit as good as them which blows the kids away.

Brandon Inniss backed this up yesterday when he said that Hartline was the reason he chose OSU and then said (about Hartline) - “He doesn’t only tell us how he developed his receivers, but he shows us,” Inniss said. “He shows us how.”
They absolutely are. Hartline's not that great that these kids aren't getting paid.

Bucknuts, is that you trying to disguise yourself as a Vol fan?

i mean, not gonna lie, if i was an OSD fan, i'd think this is pretty bad ass. there's really nothing you can say about OSU not being WRU right now...lol.

still....it'll be interesting to see what it looks like in 18 months. while the NIL stuff and proving it, earning etc...sounds great.....and for some, it most certainly will be, i can't imagine that if you're riding the bench in year 2, there's much of a market for ya.

there's really no risk for these kids to go to a place like OSU. if they do great and can get on the field, then that's the goal, right? if not, it's already been made clear there are plenty of suitors in the portal that will gladly take the kid that simply couldn't get on the field at OSD cause it's so top heavy.

either way....there's not a lot of downside for the kid. and it may work out better for you in the portal...................................a la Addision/USCw.

I'm kinda surprised Rogers followed Innis and Tate.I mean I'm sure it's all high fives and we're winning 4 nattys rite now but will see it's still June long ways to go..Carolina prob feels like we do with Rogers being in their backyard.

I'm kinda surprised Rogers followed Innis and Tate.I mean I'm sure it's all high fives and we're winning 4 nattys rite now but will see it's still June long ways to go..Carolina prob feels like we do with Rogers being in their backyard.
i would bet so.

and you go back and look...there's been some of that over the past few years where the kid goes home....Turrentine for example left columbus to come back to TN, Cade Mays did it.

i'm sure there's plenty of others at other schools too. some left here to do that...lol.

so yeah, while it's great they got all these receivers the past couple of days....i'll be stunned if they're all on the roster for the entirety of their career at OSU, whether they leave early for the draft or not.

i would bet so.

and you go back and look...there's been some of that over the past few years where the kid goes home....Turrentine for example left columbus to come back to TN, Cade Mays did it.

i'm sure there's plenty of others at other schools too. some left here to do that...lol.

so yeah, while it's great they got all these receivers the past couple of days....i'll be stunned if they're all on the roster for the entirety of their career at OSU, whether they leave early for the draft or not.
Yep I said a few times it's fair to say prob 50% of these kids won't end up with the school they signed with by the time college is up.I believe it's just NIL and the way they have the portal setup it's inevitable.

I mean dude, Tate chose OSU over UT. It’s not that complicated. They’ve won, a lot, while he’s been alive. They put a ton of dudes in the league. UT has not done those things.

If he had chosen say, South Carolina….or NC St, or Nebraska, then I’d be questioning things.
Wow, dude again

Reactions: MarcoVol

VN Store

Back