‘23 NC WR Noah Rogers (NC State)

We will see who is right over the next few years. Some wise, high value recruit is going to decide whatever "stigma" is associated with being a PWO is worth it to enhance chances for a profitable NIL, higher quality teammates, and wins. When it happens once, it will happen more.

Again, (with wisdom far removed from 18 years old) if I am a 5* RB offered an NIL with a $100K guarantee plus incentives... I would be more than happy to give up that $30k/yr scholarship to get another OL to block for me.
I’m sure…and they’ll be the outlier not the norm. You’re applying your years of real life experience to real KIDS with options.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
I just think the Hyatts are uniquely positioned to sign an NIL and then agree to a PWO offer. They might even initiate it if they believe it would help the chances of either brother making more on NIL or making the NFL.

I’m sure…and they’ll be the outlier not the norm. You’re applying your years of real life experience to real KIDS with options.
It all comes down to giving yourself the best deal and best opportunity. I'll be surprised if it doesn't become more common and even more surprised if it doesn't cause a rule change.

It all comes down to giving yourself the best deal and best opportunity. I'll be surprised if it doesn't become more common and even more surprised if it doesn't cause a rule change.
Prepare to be surprised. Human nature is undefeated.

I just think the Hyatts are uniquely positioned to sign an NIL and then agree to a PWO offer. They might even initiate it if they believe it would help the chances of either brother making more on NIL or making the NFL.
There would be no way to pull this off without inviting an investigation. The coaches offered him (whether he is a take or back up plan). How are they now going to get him to come in as a pwo and NIL deal when the coaches can’t discuss deals with them? Nobody would believe he turned down schollys to p5 schools and just lucked into a big time NIL deal.

There would be no way to pull this off without inviting an investigation. The coaches offered him (whether he is a take or back up plan). How are they now going to get him to come in as a pwo and NIL deal when the coaches can’t discuss deals with them? Nobody would believe he turned down schollys to p5 schools and just lucked into a big time NIL deal.
Investigate what? That the Hyatts volunteered to be PWO because they had their own resources?

The Hyatts would have to be seen as the initiators. The coaches couldn't discuss it with them or with Spyre. But someone at Spyre could offer him an NIL based on appearances at east TN businesses over the next 4 years... with an obligation to show up if called any day of the week.

I think you guys are listening to the drum beating by the NCAA and think they have more power than they do at this point. EVERYTHING they try is going to be challenged in court by lawyers backed by lots of money. Don't forget that less than 30 member institutions actually have AD's that operate in the black. Asking them to pony up for a new army of lawyers is unlikely to play well and especially if there is dissent. At best without legislation giving them more power, you are talking about issues being tied up in court for years.

What you describe would be a case where the NCAA would LOVE to get involved... but would lose BIG. You would have them trying to regulate a relationship directly between a student and a private company that technically has nothing at all to do with the University, NCAA, or even football. It would simply be a guy getting paid for his popularity. Folks do that all the time.

I don't even particularly like NIL. I have never liked the idea of directly paying them through the university. A scholarship plus expenses is very good compensation with... for RECEIVING a service that has residual value.

But we're here and while NIL has a ton of pitfalls... pretty much anything the NCAA does to regulate it is likely to be worse.

see-ya-later-dumb-and-dumber.gif

VN Store

Back