‘23 NC WR Noah Rogers (NC State)

“It was pretty wild,” said Rogers, who’s ranked the No. 130 overall prospect and No. 20 wide receiver in the 2023 class and the No. 2 junior from North Carolina, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite. “SEC football is definitely different, and the fan base is really different there. And I just liked the love that they were showing me, and everything that was good about it, I really liked.”

“I didn’t know it was going to be like that at all. Literally everything was unexpected. The coach told me to come to the game, but he didn’t tell me much about all of that.

“I talked to Coach Burns probably the most out of all of them, and I spoke to the OC and quarterback coach (Joey Halzle), and Coach Mack and Coach Heup,” said Rogers, who picked up an offer from the Vols in May and now holds offers from more than 20 schools.

“(Burns) said I was the best in ‘23, and he really needs a guy like me. And I could definitely be that guy to come in and play for him.”

“I saw that it’s a spread offense, and it’s an air-raid program,” he said. “I really do like that, because I am looking for a school who is going to throw the ball. And I like that because I’m a receiver, and I just want to go all four quarters just throwing the rock and catching it.”
callahan

Agreed, which is why I don't think the '23 recruiting class is going to be "special". Still too much negative recruiting with the NCAA cloud hanging over the program.
It could have a few "special" payers in it though.
2023 class is going to be pretty good. Recruits are realizing that the ruling won't come down until they are out of the program

“The offense is fast-paced and likes moving the football. I liked how they air it out,” the Rolesville, N.C. native told Volquest. “It was a real good atmosphere – really, it was electric. Half of the stadium was out to see the Vol Walk and to congratulate the recruits and show their appreciation."
“I loved the light show and the fun things they were doing throughout the game. They have a real big fan base and a crafty offense. It’s a good program.”
“It’s been going really well,” the 6-foot-3, 185-pounder said. “They talk to me a lot and we have been building a pretty good relationship.”
“They say I’m a good receiver and a piece they could use in the future,” Rogers said. “I’m an outside guy, but I’m fast. They can use me in a number of ways because of my size and abilities.
“I’m a guy who can make plays when needed. I’m definitely a wide receiver who can do more than the normal guy at my position. I can contribute to the team a lot on and off the field.”
“They like to throw the ball,” the four-star said of Tennessee. “I’m enjoying learning more about the program. I know they have had a lot of good quarterbacks and players come through. It’s a big program and it’s big boy football in the SEC. They are about all of that.”
Rogers has offers from 22 schools and intends on cutting that list down to 12 in the next few weeks with Tennessee making the field. The wideout has traveled all over the place this fall, making stops at North Carolina, NC State, South Carolina and Penn State, along with Knoxville for the Ole Miss game.
The 179th-rated prospect in the 2023 class also plans to be back in town for either the South Alabama or Vanderbilt game. Rogers is the No. 2 overall prospect in the state of North Carolina.
-VQ

Have I said Rogers and Devin Hyatt would be a pretty amazing haul at WR for our ‘23 cycle?

Reactions: VOLED
Rogers was as good as advertised today, but there were certainly some questions about where the Vols would stand after the departure of Kodi Burns. The North Carolina pass-catcher reiterated that the Vols are still among the several favorites for him, He does not have a visit set yet, but he is looking to see who Tennessee hires to replace Burns. Rogers had a conversation with Burns before he left for New Orleans, and it revolved around the opportunity Tennessee still offers him without Burns there. That meant a lot to Rogers and should help Tennessee stay in this one for a while longer.
- Matt Ray

Yep really looking like they need to round up a good hire.You got Tate Roger's and a few more guys that would probably help out with.Im really curious how they play this?You really got to think their looking at someone with a good resume and recruiting ties.I mean that's obvious but our offense literally runs thru the wrs.Gotta nail that position u ask me no matter if we think "It's Heupel offense we can bring the My Pillow dude "to coach wrs.Naw we can't lol but it sounds good.Id just roll with Pope and call it a day

Last edited:
Reactions: VolNash17
From Rivals:

There were a number of receivers that had outstanding performances today but none of them were more dominant than Rogers. Ranked as one of the top receivers in the class, Rogers came out and proved why he should be ranked so highly. He's an imposing figure at receiver with measurables that make him stand out in the crowd. Rogers showed off very reliable hands and has a knack to make tough catches in traffic and diving catches along the sideline when necessary. He runs pretty crisp routes for how big he is and is able to stop and start with enough suddenness to shake defenders off his trail. Rogers is especially skilled at running deep routes and coming up with catches while the defensive back is draped all over him. Unfortunately, Rogers wasn't able to finish the day after a minor injury and none of the other receivers were able to do enough to surpass him for the MVP award. NC State, North Carolina, Ohio State, South Carolina, Penn State, Tennessee, and Clemson are the main programs in the mix for Rogers.

VN Store

Back