'20 NC WR Mike Wyman (USCjr commit)

Wyman was at the Bama game...

“I thought they played a great, tough game,” said Wyman, who’s ranked the No. 124 overall prospect and No. 22 wide receiver in the industry-generated 247Sports Composite for the 2020 class. “Offense and defense played well. The (wide receivers) had great hand-eye coordination and route-running.” He said he already plans “to visit again,” adding that he’s “not sure of when” he’ll be back at Tennessee. “On my first visit, I wasn’t expecting the facility to be as nice as it is. I was aware of the academic standards and opportunities,” said Wyman, who holds offers from more than 20 schools.

“Last year, I focused more on academic opportunities from different colleges. This year, my focus is football and some academics. I have an idea what I want to major in. That part of my recruiting was first.” Following his visit with the Vols in April, he said he believed Tennessee was headed in the right direction under Pruitt. “I believe, 100 percent, that they’re going to turn things around and pick things back up and get running again,” Wyman said at the time.

He said he’s getting closer to deciding on a college, but he has yet to decide on any leaders among the teams pursuing him. “I appreciate the hospitality my mom and myself receive from all programs,” Wyman said. “I don’t have a strong interest at any particular school at this point. “At this point of my recruiting, I don’t have a list. After my football season, my mom and myself plan to sit down with my head coach and discuss my academic and football recruiting. Since I am scheduled to be an early enrollee into college, I will be deciding soon. Not sure how soon or when. “Waiting for my head coach to guide me and my mom.”

Going to be a Vol, IMO. Soon...

How can they say he’s getting closer to deciding on a school but then the next few sentences are the kid saying he doesn’t have a leader or even a list of favorites among his 20 offers?

Reactions: Big Gucci Sosa
Wyman is a top 200 player who has long had the Vols on his radar. At 6-4, 200 pounds he fits the receiver profile that Tennessee has been recruiting in big receivers. Wyman is another North Carolina prospect showing just how important that state is on the Vols recruiting landscape. Wyman is also a December graduate and will likely make an early decision.
-VQ

"I like Tennessee’s academics as well as their football program,” Dudley said. “They have a strong math and science program.

My main focus is my academics.”

With Wyman’s size it’s easy to see why schools like his game. The 4-star wideout hears from Tennessee often and visits with tights end coach Brian Neidermeyer regularly.

“They like my height, weight, speed, ability to make plays, hand and eye coordination,” Wyman said.

Wyman has not narrowed his list schools to this point but will soon and hopes to make a decision sometime before the start of his senior season because a year from now, Wyman will be at his future home.

"I don’t have a time table for making a decision. I will be signing next year during the early signing period. I am scheduled to graduate high school early. So my decision should come soon,” Wyman said.
-VQ

Wyman is set to release another top list of schools today. From what I have gathered I would be surprised if Tennessee is a factor in this one. Doesn’t mean they won’t be more active down the stretch but appears things have cooled between the two.

Reactions: LittleVol
Wyman is set to release another top list of schools today. From what I have gathered I would be surprised if Tennessee is a factor in this one. Doesn’t mean they won’t be more active down the stretch but appears things have cooled between the two.

Jarrett factor?

VN Store

Back