'21 NC WDE Travali Price (NC St commit)

The four-star Class of 2021 defensive end/linebacker from North Lincoln High School in Lincolnton, N.C., said he “probably” will return to Tennessee on Feb. 1 to attend one of its upcoming junior days, and while he’s not ready to name any early favorites, he admitted the Vols are “important” to him.

“I'm probably going to junior day February 1st, so they are important, for sure,” said Price, who’s ranked by 247Sports as the No. 271 overall prospect and No. 19 weakside defensive end in the 2021 class. “I like Tennessee.”

The 6-foot-4, 255-pound Price seems to be important to Tennessee, too, based on his interactions with the Vols. He said they “talk to me all the time,” adding that he talks with Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt’s staff three or four times a week.

Chris Rumph, the Vols’ outside linebackers coach and co-defensive coordinator, and quality control analyst Jeremiah Wilson, along with Pruitt himself, are among the members of Tennessee’s staff who have stayed in frequent contact with Price in recent months.

Price said the Vols talk with him about “different stuff,” including “how they are doing, what they are about” and “how they want me,” and he believes Tennessee is on the right track coming off an 8-5 season in its second year under Pruitt.

“They are doing good things and turning the culture around,” Price said. The Vols made a strong first impression on him during his trip to Knoxville in late July, and they have caught his attention for multiple reasons. “Great tradition, great coaches, great education,” he said. “I have a chance to play right away. I believe what they are teaching.”

Tennessee is recruiting Price as a “defensive end or outside linebacker,” he said, but he admitted he would prefer to play defensive end in college.

"I was mainly talking to coach Pruitt, but coach Graham and I had a good talk last week," Price said. "I haven't been able to get down to Tennessee due to some things going on, but I'm going to get down there this spring."
Price plans on attending Tennessee's spring practice and could even be in town in early March for a Junior day. He's still learning more about Rocky Top, but he's well aware of the history.

"I know they play big time football and it's a football city," Price said. "Coach Pruitt is a real guy. Every time we have talked, he has been teaching me something new. He's not going to sugar coat things and I like that."

At 6-foot-4 and 240 pounds, Price showcases length and athleticism coming off the edge. He also believes he brings other intangibles off the field.

"I bring a good man and I won't be in no trouble," Price said. "I'll give you good grades off the field and on the field I'll produce good football."

Between the white lines, he flat produces and he's well aware that Tennessee lacks people that can get to the quarterback.

"I think it's my pass rush," Price said. "I feel like I can get off the edge really well and get to the quarterback. Coach Pruitt has told me they need guys that can get after the quarterback so that is appealing that they need that."

Virginia Tech, Ohio State, Duke, and Wake Forest join Tennessee in standing out for Price at this point. He's looking for the perfect fit for him.

"A good blend of academic and football," Price said. "And just good people. That's important because I want to like the people that I'm playing with and for."
- VQ

Interesting to me that Pruitt is starting to hit the smaller NC schools. Historically, the smaller NC schools have played a better football. Obviously there are more athletes at the larger schools. But the smaller schools took football much more serious on the whole. Shuler and Pickens are examples.

Interesting to me that Pruitt is starting to hit the smaller NC schools. Historically, the smaller NC schools have played a better football. Obviously there are more athletes at the larger schools. But the smaller schools took football much more serious on the whole. Shuler and Pickens are examples.

Some of the top players ever out of N.C. have been from smaller schools

Some of the top players ever out of N.C. have been from smaller schools
True. Streaters, Bryson, Sam Gash (Penn St), Shuler, Pickens... I'm trying to think of some others. I've been gone for a while but played at the same school as the Shulers long ago.

Interesting Pickens story. He probably wasn't the best player Murphy produces during that period of time. A few years before, they had a RB who was extraordinary. I believe his name was Tony Colbert. Physically, he was ahead of his time... 6'1" and about 210-220 lbs with incredible quickness and speed.

He supposedly wasn't a good student and decided to play in the Cubs' farm system over football. He washed out after a few years.

True. Streaters, Bryson, Sam Gash (Penn St), Shuler, Pickens... I'm trying to think of some others. I've been gone for a while but played at the same school as the Shulers long ago.

Interesting Pickens story. He probably wasn't the best player Murphy produces during that period of time. A few years before, they had a RB who was extraordinary. I believe his name was Tony Colbert. Physically, he was ahead of his time... 6'1" and about 210-220 lbs with incredible quickness and speed.

He supposedly wasn't a good student and decided to play in the Cubs' farm system over football. He washed out after a few years.
You from Bryson City? My wife's family is and we go for a week every year for her reunion. Love that little town.

You from Bryson City? My wife's family is and we go for a week every year for her reunion. Love that little town.
Originally. We've lived from east coast to west since I graduated college and finally settled in Missouri. I do not have any close living relatives in Bryson City any more. We haven't been back in a few years.

That's interesting. I probably know them if they've been there very long. My mom's family is actually from the Cullowhee area.

Reactions: Volfan1000
CB to NCST :(
The guy that made the pick is clueless. He’s a young homer and admitted as such that he was guessing because Price was recruited by Wiles who was at VTech and now at N.C. State. More guess work and hope than anything. Price could sign with State, who knows, but this isn’t a CB that I would pay much attention to.

Reactions: T Dog and VOLSONLY

VN Store

Back