'21 NC SDE Travali Price

The four-star Class of 2021 defensive end/linebacker from North Lincoln High School in Lincolnton, N.C., said he “probably” will return to Tennessee on Feb. 1 to attend one of its upcoming junior days, and while he’s not ready to name any early favorites, he admitted the Vols are “important” to him.

“I'm probably going to junior day February 1st, so they are important, for sure,” said Price, who’s ranked by 247Sports as the No. 271 overall prospect and No. 19 weakside defensive end in the 2021 class. “I like Tennessee.”

The 6-foot-4, 255-pound Price seems to be important to Tennessee, too, based on his interactions with the Vols. He said they “talk to me all the time,” adding that he talks with Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt’s staff three or four times a week.

Chris Rumph, the Vols’ outside linebackers coach and co-defensive coordinator, and quality control analyst Jeremiah Wilson, along with Pruitt himself, are among the members of Tennessee’s staff who have stayed in frequent contact with Price in recent months.

Price said the Vols talk with him about “different stuff,” including “how they are doing, what they are about” and “how they want me,” and he believes Tennessee is on the right track coming off an 8-5 season in its second year under Pruitt.

“They are doing good things and turning the culture around,” Price said. The Vols made a strong first impression on him during his trip to Knoxville in late July, and they have caught his attention for multiple reasons. “Great tradition, great coaches, great education,” he said. “I have a chance to play right away. I believe what they are teaching.”

Tennessee is recruiting Price as a “defensive end or outside linebacker,” he said, but he admitted he would prefer to play defensive end in college.

VN Store

Sponsors