'19 NC RB Quavaris Crouch (Tennessee signee)

Just read the article, I have to think this cat ain't leaving the man who multiplied his salary 8X and gave him his shot and is being successful to come here and maybe make it maybe not, maybe have athletes, maybe not. His next move if there is one is to be a head coach, not a lateral move, seems like there is some loyalty there...unless we offer him a mill then he might "not have to ask anybody"...........Have to say I always like the underdogs, David & Goliath type stories, and this guys story is intriguing.

Let's not forget that Gundy has nearly left Ok State twice for Knoxville...maybe it was all a great play by him & his agent to get more money, buy even if that is the case it tells me that perhaps Ok State isn't so willing to pay assistants. They just had their worst season since 2014... another rough year and Gundy will have to shake up his staff based on the heat he is already getting.

Might be a good time to go get more money & exposure. OC under Gundy will always be questioned a bit about "how much" they really do. But hook up with a defensive coach and it's all on you, for better or worse. Hell Helton had a terrible year and still landed a HC gig, it seems like SEC coordinators have better chances.

Reactions: Russdaddy2027
Let's not forget that Gundy has nearly left Ok State twice for Knoxville...maybe it was all a great play by him & his agent to get more money, buy even if that is the case it tells me that perhaps Ok State isn't so willing to pay assistants. They just had their worst season since 2014... another rough year and Gundy will have to shake up his staff based on the heat he is already getting.

Might be a good time to go get more money & exposure. OC under Gundy will always be questioned a bit about "how much" they really do. But hook up with a defensive coach and it's all on you, for better or worse. Hell Helton had a terrible year and still landed a HC gig, it seems like SEC coordinators have better chances.

It seems likely Helton wanted out...it was not a good fit with CJP,. Helton must have been working on that move well in advance of it actually taking place. I don't think that is lost on other OC's, and tbh, Helton's performance at UT was not good, so his new employer is betting that had more to do with his "situation" than his ability. For me, the jury is still out on that perception, but I don't think its a stretch to say that CJP might already be labeled as the kind of HC that many OC's would be leery of working for. It does seem that the best "fit" for Pruitt would be an OC with a more traditional type scheme that relies heavily on the ground game first, and one who would defer to Pruitt whenever he had "input". That's not every OC's bag, so to speak. It certainly isn't for any new age wide open type OC.

Reactions: volgrad500
What bowl is Okie State in? Weedeater? Honda? Cherry? Even if it was a playoff game, they wouldn’t wait to announce it that long. Maybe ESD but if Yurchich is a big reason a player signs, that is shady. I don’t see weeks unless it’s a NFL guy who hasn’t officially been retained by then.

Robbie G stuck around through signing day for us.

No he didn’t

Reactions: BeardedVol
Guess those raises just materialized outta thin air?

Gundy was pursued twice as a HC here, the fact both times Ok State opened their checkbook to prevent him leaving is enough to infer he "nearly left", imo.

Gundy used our interest to secure a raise. Had OKS not given him a raise, he still would not have left Stillwater for Knoxville.

Reactions: BIGAL27
Isnt it normal for coaches to announce, wear the T for the press conference, but then put on the old teams stuff and work full time for them until after the bowl game?
From my experience, yeah. It definitely isn’t some state secret.

Guess those raises just materialized outta thin air?

Gundy was pursued twice as a HC here, the fact both times Ok State opened their checkbook to prevent him leaving is enough to infer he "nearly left", imo.
Almost left, and using UT to get paid are 2 different things. He never almost left and had 0 intentions of leaving.

Almost left, and using UT to get paid are 2 different things. He never almost left and had 0 intentions of leaving.

G stand for Gundy???? HOW DO YOU KNOW HIS INTENTIONS?!?!

Either way I disagree. I don't believe a man with no intentions of leaving takes multiple interviews for a job at the same place years apart.

I’m gonna take a wild guess here...he’s gonna show up in ktown this weekend.
holy shat batman
iu

VN Store

Back