'19 NC RB Quavaris Crouch (Tennessee signee)

Before the season, it looked like Tennessee had a lot of momentum for Crouch. That all changed once the season began and Crouch got a good look at how much of a rebuilding process the Volunteers are going to have to go through. He has a lot of respect for coach Jeremy Pruitt and knows that he could turn him into a very good linebacker.

The other coaches have built strong relationships with Crouch, as well. The players and Crouch did not necessarily seem to mesh very well, and Crouch is looking for a team that is full of players that are focused just like him.
Farrel

Yeah similar was said in the 247 recent article. Crouch has bonded well with Clemson players much better than UT. He’ll be a Tiger.

Reactions: AaronUT
On the other hand I wouldn't say a lot of our recruits aren't focused and I haven't heard that wording used with any of the other recruits. Could be scapegoating.

And when I say scapegoating I mean he doesn't want to have to put his shoulder to the plow and have to do a lot of the work !!!!

On the other hand I wouldn't say a lot of our recruits aren't focused and I haven't heard that wording used with any of the other recruits. Could be scapegoating.

And when I say scapegoating I mean he doesn't want to have to put his shoulder to the plow and have to do a lot of the work !!!!

All I can say is that this is the truth. The off season will be full of surprises and departures.

Reactions: JacketVol
You get a few good recruits that are willing to come in and want to be part of a rebuilding program knowing we have very good coaches and a program they can then claim as their own through blood, sweat and tears then you have the beginnings of a real turnaround. They are going to stick with in through the up's and downs and they will feel a particular ownership and be real leaders.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Our product on the field the last 2 years shows our culture problem. No S&C or accountability, no coaching.

Here we are facing Vandy for a bowl game and not that I can do anything about it... but, these losers left over better not cost us a bowl game. I’m tired of the players who care about Tennessee wining at about a tenth of the level this board does. Have some pride for once and win a winnable game that matters, although only for a low tier bowl.

The fans want it, recruits need to see it, and we certainly need the extra practice.

I expect Pruitt to be recruiting with an eye towards heart and attitude, but it might take a while to change the culture in the locker room.

I expect Pruitt to be recruiting with an eye towards heart and attitude, but it might take a while to change the culture in the locker room.

I don't think it will take Pruitt that long to take the culture once players are sent packing at the end of this season, but it will take some time to recruit enough bigs on both sides of the LOS, get them strong enough, develop their skills, and recruit the necessary SEC-level depth at ALL positions. That will take several years, but like Pruitt alluded to, he and Fulmer have a long term plan in place.

Still don't understand. He says he knows Pruitt can turn him into a good LB. He plays from day one at UT. Can go to Clemson and might not even start there. Makes me wonder if it's a Chris Donald 2.0.

Doesn't it say more about Pruitt as a coach if he takes unfocused losers who aren't his players to 6-6 season.One would think that he is going to run alot of players off after the season or recruit over them.

Reactions: JacketVol
Really not surprised. Unfortunately will take awhile to get that culture out. Like Bass said, hopefully we’ll see guys who haven’t bought in leave. No hard feelings, it’s really not their fault.

Doesn't it say more about Pruitt as a coach if he takes unfocused losers who aren't his players to 6-6 season.One would think that he is going to run alot of players off after the season or recruit over them.
It does, he forced two wins they shouldn’t have got out of them. Don’t get me wrong he’s made his share of mistakes this year but he’s shown incredible potential against a top 5 toughest schedule with a bunch of guys they didn’t recruit

Reactions: SweetasSoda

VN Store

Back