'19 NC RB Quavaris Crouch (Tennessee signee)

How about we hire a guy that has been an OC and put up points on a team with an actual defense. Those stats at Okie state are skewed since no one in that conference knows what a defense is
Still, 10 in total offense this year and 4th last year. With a walk on QB and 2 and 3 star players.
Not bad even taking the conference into account.

Still, 10 in total offense this year and 4th last year. With a walk on QB and 2 and 3 star players.
Not bad even taking the conference into account.

Yes those numbers are impressive on the surface. One thing I worry about is rushing. Okie st was 48th in rushing offense, which means most of their production comes off the passing game. I would just hate for a guy that wants to throw the ball to come in here and Pruitt handcuff him by wanting to run his preferred style when the OC has a different philosophy

Yes those numbers are impressive on the surface. One thing I worry about is rushing. Okie st was 48th in rushing offense, which means most of their production comes off the passing game. I would just hate for a guy that wants to throw the ball to come in here and Pruitt handcuff him by wanting to run his preferred style when the OC has a different philosophy
My only concern.
His offense hasn't been balanced. Not sure if that's preference or the strength of what he was working with. Need to check

How about we hire a guy that has been an OC and put up points on a team with an actual defense. Those stats at Okie state are skewed since no one in that conference knows what a defense is

All relative. And their average conference yards and points are barely above the sec. Look it up.

No, he runs almost 50/50. He's not air raid or anything like that.

Yeah, it is just something that Saban does every off-season. He goes around talking to people.

Why that works is indeed puzzling...?

Yes Saban talks to other coaches as do most successful coaches at any level during the off-season but it would be strange just to bring them in during an interview process for small talk about their offensive philosophies. I can't imagine another successful coach sitting down with another coach during the season who happens to need an OC and not bringing up the open position.

It's Mike Gundy's offense. He may prefer a different offensive scheme.

From an article on Gundy hiring him - he said it would be an easy transition because Yurcich already ran the same offense, just used different language.

So he does run the same, or very similar, offense as Gundy's. I think we can expect the same balance.

Though if he leans toward passing, I'd be ok with that. His stats show more effective passing than running. Rushing production isn't elite, not quite like Briles's run numbers.

Why would Pruitt want to hire an OC that runs this type of offense? I thought Pruitt wanted to run the ball

This is a great style to run out of. The wide splits create big running lanes.

And maybe he realized an unbalanced offense, like we had last year, was not the way to go.

VN Store

Back