'21 NC RB Jaylen Wright (Tennessee signee)

Frame: Long legs. Short, compact midsection with the chance to get up to 205 to 210 if need be on the college level.

Athleticism: Wright's long speed is elite. He has great start-and-stop speed for such a long strider like this. Has great quickness when he sticks his foot in the ground and gets north and south.

Instincts: He would prefer to run around you than through you at this point in his career, but that’s more to do with his breakaway speed than preference. It’s just what works and it works well. He will lower his shoulder when needed in traffic.

Polish: He's a terrific outside zone/stretch-zone runner with the ability to break it big at any point in time. He also has shown natural hands out of the backfield, with the ability to make a man miss in open space.

Bottom Line: Wright has SEC breakaway speed already and is a sub-11 second 100-meter runner in track as well. This is what play speed looks like in a running back, and the long speed is on display early and often. As he rounds out his game out of the backfield, he will be able to make an impact in spurts sooner rather than later.

SI All-American Candidate Jaylen Wright Highlights and Evaluation

Rankings are gonna be weird this year. This is a guy who could’ve played his way to a 4 star. But he‘ll stay a 3 star in the ratings. Gonna see who evaluates talent the best. Thankfully we have Pruitt
Good post Bass. I've noticed alot of teams offering after we have. Which tells me Pruitt trusts his own eyes and is not afraid to be the first one in the water.

Kid should transfer to some power house program in Georgia. Or Tennessee and rush for 4,000 yards his SR year.
I’ll be honest, he’s already athletic enough and to save some tread on those Olympic tires and get stronger and more agile. I’m not going to complain. He’s a stud and helps keep him under the radar.

Reactions: USF grad in TN
I’ll be honest, he’s already athletic enough and to save some tread on those Olympic tires and get stronger and more agile. I’m not going to complain. He’s a stud and helps keep him under the radar.
I am under the impression now that any recruits that commit and or get offered by The Vols are getting looked at by errbody. They just know we have have one of the best staffs on the country, especially at evaluations on players that are under the radar.
Wright could be dynamic for us if he stays healthy. So yeah hit them weights get more muscle and keep fresh this year.

I am under the impression now that any recruits that commit and or get offered by The Vols are getting looked at by errbody. They just know we have have one of the best staffs on the country, especially at evaluations on players that are under the radar.
Wright could be dynamic for us if he stays healthy. So yeah hit them weights get more muscle and keep fresh this year.
Yeah it was so funny seeing Willie Taggart at FSU essentially immediately offer a kid every single time right after Pruitt did.

Our class or the overall 2021 class?
21 Vols class... I just think that he will have another gear the rest won't have. And that in no way is meant to be a slight on the others. I think it is a really good rb class for the vols!
I'm not knowledgeable enough about the whole class.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
21 Vols class... I just think that he will have another gear the rest won't have. And that in no way is meant to be a slight on the others. I think it is a really good rb class for the vols!
I'm not knowledgeable enough about the whole class.
As an all purpose guy, he will be invaluable & he will be catching plenty of passes out of the backfield. Think similar to Alvin Kamara (not seeing he’s Kamara before some @ me). He definitely is underrated & for sure is one heck of a good pickup for us. Very much a diamond in the rough.

As an all purpose guy, he will be invaluable & he will be catching plenty of passes out of the backfield. Think similar to Alvin Kamara (not seeing he’s Kamara before some @ me). He definitely is underrated & for sure is one heck of a good pickup for us. Very much a diamond in the rough.
I think he will be a home run threat Everytime he touches the ball! I very much agree with you.

Reactions: GojiraVol17
He also looks like he could run over some folks too. He looks stout to me. If he has the balance, look out jack!!!

Reactions: T Dog

VN Store

Back