'20 NC QB Navy Shuler

I like Appalachian State, just not Boone...I grew up not far from there.

Whats wrong with Boone? Great college town with outdoor stimulation year around.

Also, the quality of life in and around the High Country is excellent. Hence why there are about 8 private golf & country clubs where wealth flocks to in the summer/retirement.

Whats wrong with Boone? Great college town with outdoor stimulation year around.

Also, the quality of life in and around the High Country is excellent. Hence why there are about 8 private golf & country clubs where wealth flocks to in the summer/retirement.

Probably the snow.
It’s a great place to be and it’s beautiful almost all year.

I worked on Beech Mountain when I was in high school, snow is not the issue. I just have never cared much for Boone.

The population in Avery County goes from 18,000 to 60,000 from May to October. The traffic in Boone gets on my nerves. Most of my family lives in Boone. Being a UPS driver my route explodes when the summer residents come back up. Living in the High Country is pretty nice.If it gets in the 80s that’s considered a hot day.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
I like Appalachian State, just not Boone...I grew up not far from there.
I like both. I often go up there. West Jefferson is a nice little town. It has the only cheese factory in North Carolina, is a hub for the arts, and a place where one can get chinquapins.

Navy is a great kid. Put up some solid numbers at Christ School and I watched him play a few times. He’s got moderate arm strength and 5’11” may be generous. Would love to see him in orange and I love the Shuler family, but there’s no way we’d offer him a scholarship.

Yeah. He’d be good for depth. We are talking about needing another backup and if he just wants to go to TN, may be a good one to have on campus.

It’s not like Benji was that productive, but we kept him around because he was a good teammate and practice guy.

Reactions: 67Vol
Navy is a great kid. Put up some solid numbers at Christ School and I watched him play a few times. He’s got moderate arm strength and 5’11” may be generous. Would love to see him in orange and I love the Shuler family, but there’s no way we’d offer him a scholarship.
Moderate arm strength? Are we sure he's not adopted?

I had some relatives who worked at Appalachian State and maybe Navy Shuler could be a kicker at Tennessee.

VN Store

Back