'20 NC QB Navy Shuler

I live in the Asheville area, about 25 min from Christ School. I've watched Navy play a few times and he's a good QB and has some great weapons on offense there at CS. They're a fun team to watch. He's a good athlete. But I have hesitations about his ability to play at a high level in college. For one, he's listed at 6' but I'm 5'11" or so and I'm fairly certain he's not as tall as me.

With Harrison Bailey in the fold, I have a hard time seeing us offer Navy. I would love to see him end up in orange because he's a good kid and comes from a great family (outside football), but I just don't see it. I also understand Drew Brees is shorter and is a HOFer. With Bailey in the mix, I don't think we'd be paying much attention here if his name wasn't Shuler.

I hope Navy has a great college career. I'd love to see him go somewhere like App State and really have an impact. Of course, I'd love to see him do that at Tennessee, but in my opinion (and I'm no college scout) he'll have a harder time seeing the playing field in the SEC.

Just my 2 cents.
You hit the nail on the head. If he wasn't heath's son, nobody would want him at Tennessee.

I live in the Asheville area, about 25 min from Christ School. I've watched Navy play a few times and he's a good QB and has some great weapons on offense there at CS. They're a fun team to watch. He's a good athlete. But I have hesitations about his ability to play at a high level in college. For one, he's listed at 6' but I'm 5'11" or so and I'm fairly certain he's not as tall as me.

With Harrison Bailey in the fold, I have a hard time seeing us offer Navy. I would love to see him end up in orange because he's a good kid and comes from a great family (outside football), but I just don't see it. I also understand Drew Brees is shorter and is a HOFer. With Bailey in the mix, I don't think we'd be paying much attention here if his name wasn't Shuler.

I hope Navy has a great college career. I'd love to see him go somewhere like App State and really have an impact. Of course, I'd love to see him do that at Tennessee, but in my opinion (and I'm no college scout) he'll have a harder time seeing the playing field in the SEC.

Just my 2 cents.

I live in Asheville and agree 100%. App would be a great landing spot for him.

Too bad he ended up with Nicole's height.

Asheville area football is like...not very competitive. Granted, Leonard Little is from here as is Craig King.

Christ has produced some good bball players though, namely the never ending stream of Plumlee boys.

Asheville area always has some recruits.

As far as Navy Shuler goes, he will be a PWO at UT.

Reactions: 901LookAlive
I said something like that a while back and got roasted.,

That’s what I’ve been told. Now if someone like Duke offers, then who knows. And I’m just throwing Duke out there due to education and Cut as an example. That would be hard to pass up for me but he is a legacy at UT and the Shuler’s love the Vols.

That’s what I’ve been told. Now if someone like Duke offers, then who knows. And I’m just throwing Duke out there due to education and Cut as an example. That would be hard to pass up for me but he is a legacy at UT and the Shuler’s love the Vols.
With his cousin being here now I think Navy is all but guaranteed to come. It’ll be nice if our PWO somehow made the Elite11 with our #1 QB commit

Reactions: SweetasSoda

Maybe we offer him a scholly as a field goal holder sorta like they did with Bobby Scott's son.

Yea I totally missed the purpose of that comment. Is he saying Navy will be a 1st round pick?

If he goes to Duke and gets coached by Cutcliffe.... Who knows.

But I'm talking about as a recruit. Actually Navy is a higher level recruit imo.
All Chad had was Marshall U

The younger crowd on Volnation need to watch some video of Heath Shuler and see what "lay(ing) it all out there" means. How often do you see a QB running as lead blocker for a RB? Shuler did it. I don't think I ever saw him take a slide or the easy way. Cocky as a player and he backed it up.

First UT to sign a football for me. Along with AK, and Dale Carter. That crew will always be special to me. When you're young it makes a big difference. Have a PM autographed ball, by then I was older. Still cool. Not the same

Heath was a very talented athlete...and congrats to a VFL on prestigious award he won today!

HEATH SHULER ANNOUNCED AS NCAA SILVER ANNIVERSARY AWARD RECIPIENT FOR 2019 - University of Tennessee Athletics

Looks to have quick feet. What about trying him at slot? He could be our hunter renfroe when we win a NC in 3-4 years.

Rivals Charlotte notes from VQ...
Christ School 2020 QB Navy Shuler — The Asheville native picked up recent offers from Temple and Appalachian State. The UT legacy spent a day with the staff recently on campus, talking with Jim Chaney, Jeremy Pruitt and Weinke. Chaney and Weinke plan to evaluate Shuler during the spring contact period. Shuler looks much sharper after a full-year recovering from his elbow injury. His mechanics are much cleaner and he showcased some added velocity today.

VN Store

Back