CLASS OF 2020
Asheville, NC
Christ School

OFFERS - None

RIVALS - Rivals.com

[HUDL]3/6046239/59c6a2d5235212122070969b[/HUDL]

He'll be at Junior Day this weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
“I told the Tennessee coaches, don’t recruit him because he’s my son. Do it because he’s good,” said Heath, the running backs coach at Christ School. “He’s so young, he’s going to grow and get stronger. But it’s his mental aptitude that I think has excited college coaches.”

-Heath

“I told the Tennessee coaches, don’t recruit him because he’s my son. Do it because he’s good,” said Heath, the running backs coach at Christ School. “He’s so young, he’s going to grow and get stronger. But it’s his mental aptitude that I think has excited college coaches.”

-Heath

Heath is a RUNNING BACKS coach? How? Wasn’t he a QB? :wink2:

nice touch on the ball...quick release too...go ahead, recruit him "because he's Heath's son"...and potential...:)

GO VOLS!

Reactions: 3 people
Eh, he was a top 5 pick. Don’t blame him

Financially I absolutely agree, and in his shoes, I likely do the same.

But professionally (football) he left a year too early and anyone honest about it thought the same at the time. He wasn’t nearly seasoned enough as a passer for the next level.

He done aight overall though, I’d say

Reactions: 1 person
Financially I absolutely agree, and in his shoes, I likely do the same.

But professionally (football) he left a year too early and anyone honest about it thought the same at the time. He wasn’t nearly seasoned enough as a passer for the next level.

He done aight overall though, I’d say

Didn't he get hurt with the Redskins?

Reactions: 2 people
I was young when Shuler played, did he have a reputation of dumb decisions?

No...not decisions...great player! I had a couple of friends at school then that were good friends of his. Said he was a great guy, but ........not the sharpest tack. Prolly why he struggled learning schemes in the NFL. Played college ball like he was in the back yard. But, he was great for UT and fun to watch. Doesn't seem to get the love here as other past Vol greats. He was one of my favs!

Last edited:
I couldn't find anything on his cousin West, who's a '19 recruit.

West was backup QB for CAK and became the starter when Cole Smith had a season-ending injury. He transferred to Christ School in NC this year and became starting QB there when Navy (Heath's son) was injured. Both West and Navy start on defense, as well.

West was due to graduate in 2018, so if he's in the 2019 class, he reclassified.

Heath is a RUNNING BACKS coach? How? Wasn’t he a QB? :wink2:

IMHO, Heath was the next Bret Farve. He would cock that arm and start running around the end on a roll-out. The LBs didn't know whether to pursue or fall into coverage. He could throw for 50 ("on a rope") or run for 9. He was built like a stocky RB - but could throw. His last year Cutcliffe turned him into a pocket-passer and in my opinion ruined his potential greatness at UT - but probably improved his chances in the NFL.

Love me some Heath Shuler. Dude layed it all out there when he wore the orange. A great guy as well. And if his kid can play ball, even better.

The younger crowd on Volnation need to watch some video of Heath Shuler and see what "lay(ing) it all out there" means. How often do you see a QB running as lead blocker for a RB? Shuler did it. I don't think I ever saw him take a slide or the easy way. Cocky as a player and he backed it up.

VN Store

Back