Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
John Ward randomly came up to me and asked for directions one time when I was a student at UT. Eric Berry shared a newspaper with me at the ‘08 Ole Miss basketball game during player introductions. And my personal favorite; sat next to Candace Parker in a class and she would call me once a week to get answers for the lab work we had to turn in each week.
Bruce Pearl here in JC. Was pretty cool

John Ward randomly came up to me and asked for directions one time when I was a student at UT. Eric Berry shared a newspaper with me at the ‘08 Ole Miss basketball game during player introductions. And my personal favorite; sat next to Candace Parker in a class and she would call me once a week to get answers for the lab work we had to turn in each week.

Congrats on unearthing academic fraud in the women’s BBall program.

Met John Ward on the field at Vandy following the ‘98 game. He looked at me, brother, and dad, nodded, and said “Good evening, Gentlemen.” We were totally star struck. Five years later, I was visiting campus as a HS senior, and we almost ran over Jason Witten on Circle Park drive. That would have sucked.

I’m a descendant of David (Davy) Crockett, my grandmother on my dad’s side.

That’s strange because I am too on my dad’s side. It was either my dad’s grandmother or great grandmother was a Crockett. May have been Davy’s sister. I just can’t remember. Dad loves genealogy so much that he has our family tree traced all the way back to England.

Met John Ward on the field at Vandy following the ‘98 game. He looked at me, brother, and dad, nodded, and said “Good evening, Gentlemen.” We were totally star struck. Five years later, I was visiting campus as a HS senior, and we almost ran over Jason Witten on Circle Park drive. That would have sucked.
I was walking to class one day and a Maserati pulls up to the cross walk as I’m walking. I do a double take as it looked brand spanking new. Guy has the window down. It was Eric Berry.

I didn't smoke weed with Willie.

The year was 1987. I was 23...a still fairly young Marine of 23. I met up with a young lady of 17 or 18 years old...We had actually met a couple of times. Her name was/is Paula. We went to a place in Ridgetop, Tn. We went there to smoke some weed.

See, this place used to have a cabin that had burned down quite a few years before. She just wanted to go there, since it had special meaning to her dad. I'm not sure she had ever been there before. Possibly, but I don't know/or remember.

Met several TN players when I went to UT. Bray, Darick Rogers, Corderrelle Patterson, and others. CP was the coolest of them all. Not really famous but Yal would recognize the name, I have some wild stories hanging with Skyler McBee in PCB spring break. Had a short lived fling with Hank Jr’s daughter when I was a kid. Met Toby Keith and Blake Griffins brother when they had the final 4 in Memphis. Met one of the American Picker guys (the brother) a few weeks ago at a bar in Chatt. He was hammered drunk but was a solid dude.
I've met Doug Atkins, Jamal Lewis and CP. Atkins at a professional boxing card on the World's Fair site (maybe the old covention center ?) in the early 90s and shook his hand. I have never felt so small, Atkins hand made mine disappear and l'm 6'3. Biggest hands, I have ever seen.

Jamal Lewis at the Krogers on Western Ave. and all I could say was, "Jamal Lewis ? Run that rock, baby " and kinda squeezed the top of his shoulders like I was warming him up to box or something. Probably lucky he didn't get mad at me, but he just smiled and raised his hand up, like, "I gotcha, I'm going to rush for 2000+ yards in one NFL season, after I help UT win a National Championship". Well, that's what I like to think he was thinking.

CP on the strip ( it was at that gas station that served food all night, next to Stefano's) and he was, the coolest, like BOOMS said. I've told the story before, so I won't bore u all again, after my too long Jamal story. CP will always be one of my favorite VFLs

In 2011 I was an intern covering the state legislature for a small political news website. Ended up trailing a veteran reporter for an interview with none other than Fred Thompson at the Sheraton in downtown Nashville. They had him put up in a suite. It was me, reporter guy, Fred, and his assistant in this room for about 2 hours. I just sat and listened and took a few pics. I also got to shadow/participate in two direct interviews with Phil Bredesen and Bill Haslam.

Met several TN players when I went to UT. Bray, Darick Rogers, Corderrelle Patterson, and others. CP was the coolest of them all. Not really famous but Yal would recognize the name, I have some wild stories hanging with Skyler McBee in PCB spring break. Had a short lived fling with Hank Jr’s daughter when I was a kid. Met Toby Keith and Blake Griffins brother when they had the final 4 in Memphis. Met one of the American Picker guys (the brother) a few weeks ago at a bar in Chatt. He was hammered drunk but was a solid dude.

I walked past McRae, Stokes, Swiperboy, and a few others just outside Neyland before the 2012 UF game. I was drunk off my ass. I'm 6' and Stokes seemed like he was 8' tall in comparison to me. It's insane how tall those guys are. I can go years in day to day life and not see anyone their height.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back