'21 NC OT Diego Pounds (Ole Miss)

Still do not have the money that Tennessee has available. Now I can buy that Heupel is trying to spend to build long term whereas Kiffin has a shorter time table in mind and is blowing all the cash to get there. If Heupel loses to Florida next year at home bc the Oline gets their ass handed to them much like this year he will have the fans calling for his head.

OL is a glaring issue but I can't say we've resolved our secondary issues.

OL is a glaring issue but I can't say we've resolved our secondary issues.
If the transfers don’t turn out to be above average then it could be another long season of soft coverages all the way down the field.

Would really love to add White or another portal CB but there’s not much else out there.

If the transfers don’t turn out to be above average then it could be another long season of soft coverages all the way down the field.

Would really love to add White or another portal CB but there’s not much else out there.
We need Gibson and some of the other 2023 freshmen to develop. Conyer, Matthews, and Slaughter all have ability. Those guys making a jump would be huge for the secondary. So would the addition of White.

Reactions: BreatheUT
Still do not have the money that Tennessee has available. Now I can buy that Heupel is trying to spend to build long term whereas Kiffin has a shorter time table in mind and is blowing all the cash to get there. If Heupel loses to Florida next year at home bc the Oline gets their ass handed to them much like this year he will have the fans calling for his head.
Not ALL…just the dumb ones, who White will ignore.

Not ALL…just the dumb ones, who White will ignore.
He needs to beat Florida this season at home. I’m not saying it’s going to get him fired but it makes his job exponentially harder going forward if he doesn’t get that win. The deck gets more stacked against him going forward with a loss against them. I dont think many expect year in and out wins against Georgia or Bama just want to be competitive and win occasionally against them. Florida he can and should beat now and it cements him as our head coach imo for several years.

I guess it would be better said that’s a winnable game that probably wins him more than any other and on the flip side a loss loses him more than any other game. Jmo

He needs to beat Florida this season at home. I’m not saying it’s going to get him fired but it makes his job exponentially harder going forward if he doesn’t get that win. The deck gets more stacked against him going forward with a loss against them. I dont think many expect year in and out wins against Georgia or Bama just want to be competitive and win occasionally against them. Florida he can and should beat now and it cements him as our head coach imo for several years.

I guess it would be better said that’s a winnable game that probably wins him more than any other and on the flip side a loss loses him more than any other game. Jmo
Losing to Florida in 2024 would be a bad loss. Probably worse than the 2023 loss. That said, Florida is about to drop off of UT's every year schedule, so the game/rivalry itself will lose importance. And perhaps Tennessee can get over the mental block as a result.

Losing to Florida in 2024 would be a bad loss. Probably worse than the 2023 loss. That said, Florida is about to drop off of UT's every year schedule, so the game/rivalry itself will lose importance. And perhaps Tennessee can get over the mental block as a result.

They need to play Florida towards the end of the season.

Pretty sure they do fall later on the calendar this year. So no excuses?
It's in early October this year, which really doesn't matter when it's in Knoxville. It'll be comfortable for both teams.

It matters when Tennessee has to play in the Swamp in September. It would have been nice if every Tennessee-Florida game since 1992 had been played in late November instead of mid-September. Make them play in the cold and let Tennessee avoid that heat/humidity down there. I think the series record would look a lot different if that had been the case.

It's in early October this year, which really doesn't matter when it's in Knoxville. It'll be comfortable for both teams.

It matters when Tennessee has to play in the Swamp in September. It would have been nice if every Tennessee-Florida game since 1992 had been played in late November instead of mid-September. Make them play in the cold and let Tennessee avoid that heat/humidity down there. I think the series record would look a lot different if that had been the case.
I have said this for years. Florida teams have a huge advantage over teams further north early in the season. I grew up a Miami Dolphins fan. I can't tell you how many times they would start the season 4-0 and then finish it 0-4 (similar to this year).

True. Still would do a lot for his immediate popularity with the fans. Definitely isn’t a deal breaker but would help us out a lot.

Reactions: NighthawkVol

VN Store

Back