'21 NC OT Diego Pounds (Ole Miss)

I know he alluded to that we were looking good for some bigger fish so I could only imagine it’s some combination between Mims, Mondon, TID, and Green. But agreed, seeing that Pounds and Orr committed elsewhere, I’m trying to be optimistic on Mims.
I don't think we're finished going after Orr. And it's been awhile since chatter about UT and Pounds so something must have happened there.

I know he alluded to that we were looking good for some bigger fish so I could only imagine it’s some combination between Mims, Mondon, TID, and Green. But agreed, seeing that Pounds and Orr committed elsewhere, I’m trying to be optimistic on Mims.

I think we all are trying to be that way. I would hate to think Pruitt and staff have given up recruiting Pounds and Orr. Because Mims is far, far from a sure thing.

News out of Chapel Hill came out Thursday, as UNC’s starting left tackle Diego Pounds has officially entered the transfer portal, with sources saying Ole Miss is the most likely destination for the Raleigh native, if he is to leave.
From what I understand talking to people close to the situation, UNC was caught off guard by this ultimate decision. Pounds came to Carolina and informed them of offers he was receiving, hinting at an exit, but Carolina showed a willingness to match said offers to keep its homegrown talent, and word got back to the Lane Kiffins of college football to increase any offer to the point where Pounds didn’t even come back to the Carolina coaching staff with a final number. UNC hasn't given up in its pursuit in trying to sway Pounds back, however the consensus seems to be he was already out the door.
-UNC 247

VN Store

Back