'21 NC OT Diego Pounds (Ole Miss)

I read reports from the first year that Pruitt never let off with lifting during the season. One of the VQ guys commented on how gassed the team was. My personal opinion.. I believe Pruitt wasn't concerned about the win/loss that first season.. He wanted to build for the future and also weed out some as well. When Pruitt first arrived, some players were faking injuries to not practice. And we know about Jones "honor" system for working out. Looking back and digesting all the reports.. It all seems to fit. JMHO 🤷‍♂️
What better way to change the culture, then break'em down. After you weed out the slackers you build them back up. Pruitt is an old school football coach and he's our coach "Thank CPF for his decision on our coach".;)

VFL...GBO

And obviously Colby Smith. I actually feel better and better every time I see this thread bumped.

I honestly think the TVA got us Curt Maggitt. I went through a catfish stage when I was younger and it was so easy to get some big ones near the dam/lock thing. Good times, good times.

Reactions: Vol8188
giphy.gif

Oh my... that had to be tough. The weekly beating on the field and then pounding the weights in between.

What does that do to recovery time and healing?
It's rough, but at that young age, it's doable. If these guys were NFL players in their upper 20's or 30's, it would be a killer.

We will sign 3 OT’s this cycle.
We've got Colby Smith already. Obviously we'd love to get Mims, but that's far from guaranteed. Would love to get Pennington, but I believe he projects as OG. So if we were to get Mims, would we take both Pounds and Parker, or would it be one or the other? Wonder which one the staff likes best between the two?

Reactions: ChiTownVol
We've got Colby Smith already. Obviously we'd love to get Mims, but that's far from guaranteed. Would love to get Pennington, but I believe he projects as OG. So if we were to get Mims, would we take both Pounds and Parker, or would it be one or the other? Wonder which one the staff likes best between the two?
I wonder if they are banking on Reginald Perry being an OT... would explain why they’re selling out on Mims.

Reactions: tn4elvis
I wonder if they are banking on Reginald Perry being an OT... would explain why they’re selling out on Mims.
I could see Perry being one thing as a Freshman and another as a Redshirt Freshman. Luckily, he's built for it. But while we got a ton of inside-type guy, there's not a lot of Tackle-types on the roster as of now. I could see them going with the three Tackles this year and letting the DL and OL sort out with going heavy on them in '22.

Don't know what's gonna happen with Cade Mays, as he could work for one season at Tackle if need be. Mims is a day 1 kind of guy, but everybody else is a sorta project. Great upside on everybody, still..... Need some big uglies on the outside.

Really like this prospect. Huge upside guy with a red shirt year.
Probably the best thing Pruitt has done since becoming our coach is building the depth along the offensive line. Being able to redshirt the guys we bring in to mature, get stronger and smarter will pay dividends on us being able to sustain long term success.

Obviously the super talented will always push to play right away but being able to put a starting 5 the consists of mostly 3rd and 4th years players is a luxury that we have missed for the past decade plus.

VN Store

Back