'21 NC OT Colby Smith (Auburn commit)

Straight up. Commits like this is Vols football being back. How much did I love Justin Hunter? A lot. How much more important is it that Colby will soon be red shirting, at the training table and in the weight room getting ready to replace Darnell? That is how you win in college football.

I agree, it's huge they don't have to see the field unless in mop up duty. Akporoghene, Lampley and others should be maturing.

Checks all the boxes you want in a tackle prospect. Was an athlete who grew into his size, so he has good feet and he’s limber with a good kick slide. Has very long arms, which he’ll learn how to use at Tennessee. After a year or two in S&C this kid will be ready to protect the QB. Boom.

Majors was the reason Fulmer got to UT. If Phil did not learn anything from Majors in the 11 years he was an assistant under Majors then he is dumber than I thought. Majors did not put up with lazy coaches like Phil did. Majors would have fired his mother if she was the offensive coordinator and we were not scoring enough points.
He never saw any kind of threat from Fulmer. Which is why the turn of events stung Majors even further. When he had to do the procedure, any concern for his job safety was the furthest from his mind. Read Bill Bates autobiography, and the continual pressure and mind games were a big part of the coaching staff turnover. Fulmer had been a good soldier for said 11 years. Can’t blame him for wanting his own command.

I think Dickey was fed up with CJM and was looking for an exit strategy. CPF was in the right place at the right time. Instead of CJM looking in the mirror as to why he got replaced, he chose to accuse CPF of orchestrating a coup to grab his job. I think Dickey was finding a new head coach and he offered the position to CPF. If CPF had turned it down out of some expectation of loyalty then someone else would have taken the job. CJM was out at that point. IMHO
Almost exactly how I have always perceived it. Johnny came into that year wanting more money, iIrc, has the heart problem, Phil goes undefeated as an interim HC, and Johnny rushes back and blows the first ever SEC East Championship, with a 2 game lead and the axe fell.

Almost exactly how I have always perceived it. Johnny came into that year wanting more money, iIrc, has the heart problem, Phil goes undefeated as an interim HC, and Johnny rushes back and blows the first ever SEC East Championship, with a 2 game lead and the axe fell.

That's part of the story but there are two other elements. First was the strain in Majors' relationship with President Joe Johnson over the recruiting issues associated with Jack Sells. Between Dickey and Johnson we had a lot of goodwill built up with NCAA enforcement. They evidently were going to drop the hammer on us but we went in totally contrite and were let off light. Word is we were on the verge of huge sanctions. On the drive back from Charlotte Majors makes the comment that he hoped he never had to go through that again. Johnson supposedly replied, don't worry you won't have to (implying that if there was another occurrence like that, Majors would be fired). That made Johnny pretty paranoid. (A lot of people think that's why Johnny came back before he was ready. He knew Fulmer was the favorite to replace him and his performance during Majors' absence was making that more likely.)

Second, Majors was very upset that he was the 8th highest paid coach in the SEC at the time when we had finally turned the corner and were clearly about to supplant Bama at the top of the conference. During the Big Orange caravan that summer Johnny kept bringing up his low salary and one night really lost it during an event with a bunch of car dealership owners, you know, the guys who give the coaches and university big wigs the free loaners every year. (One purported quote was that it wasn't anyone's program but his no matter how much the boosters gave.) A trustee named Bill Johnson, a banker from middle Tennessee who had played with Johnny at UT and a big contributor before the Haslams took over, pulls him aside and tells him to quit bringing up his pay, saying UT would take care of him. Too late though, Johnny has worked himself into quite the rage, probably fueled by a few drinks, and just blisters Johnson in front of several onlookers. Johnson, humiliated, turns and walks away and is overheard saying that if it's the last thing he ever does he will have Majors' job. Then comes the heart attack and Majors' comes back and promptly loses those three games and Johnson takes him out.

Well your take is a little "tart" for me but I teach sixth grade and this is where I'd say, "See I was checking to see how well you all were paying attention but when I said orange I was actually referring to the coloring of the fruit and not the type of fruit itself because the shading gives it an orange hue but most importantly...your science teacher just created a citrus explosion. Be happy!"

By the way this one is for the next commit!
giphy (6).gif

Well your take is a little "tart" for me but I teach sixth grade and this is where I'd say, "See I was checking to see how well you all were paying attention but when I said orange I was actually referring to the coloring of the fruit and not the type of fruit itself because the shading gives it an orange hue but most importantly...your science teacher just created a citrus explosion. Be happy!"

View attachment 276661
No, no, no. If that's a watermelon, u know u have to have Gallagher destroying it with a Harley-Quinn-like giant mallet. Finally, after all these years, I give u an "F", just like Mr. Shinlever gave me, in Chemistry, as a freshman, at Fulton. Life has come full circle

Reactions: scienceteaching_vol

View attachment 276661
😂🧡

VN Store

Back